The Last Person to Post Wins - Yamask

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
how did you get into that situation? did you spend your budget for your food on something else?
No I'm just not having enough of a variety as I would like.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I'm having trouble financing my weekly food consumption properly. What's something that's cheap but not noodles and will keep me somewhat healthy?
I came across this today.

When I was scrapping for food, it's good to hunt for bargains, not even just in grocery stores.
I made a lot of my own soup, which was cheap and lasted me a day or two.

You can also make major casseroles and freeze it in in parts.

Anything with chicken, chicken can be expensive here, but rice isn't. I ate a lot of rice and/or pasta with chicken and deepfreeze vegetables.
You can do anything with chicken too, spicing it up, the way you cook it etc. It'll be the same ingredients over and over, but it varies due to your preparation of it.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
No I'm just not having enough of a variety as I would like.
just google cheap recipes you'll get some ideas. you'll have to cook if you want variety without having to spend much. Also try to spot which kind of meat is cheaper in your area and look for repices with that kind of meat
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I came across this today.

When I was scrapping for food, it's good to hunt for bargains, not even just in grocery stores.
I made a lot of my own soup, which was cheap and lasted me a day or two.

You can also make major casseroles and freeze it in in parts.

Anything with chicken, chicken can be expensive here, but rice isn't. I ate a lot of rice and/or pasta with chicken and deepfreeze vegetables.
You can do anything with chicken too, spicing it up, the way you cook it etc. It'll be the same ingredients over and over, but it varies due to your preparation of it.
That's a good idea. Would be a good thing to prep on Sundays and stick in the freezer for the week.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Potatoes or eggs
Both can be cooked many ways.
Good idea. Thanks greg.
just google cheap recipes you'll get some ideas. you'll have to cook if you want variety without having to spend much. Also try to spot which kind of meat is cheaper in your area and look for repices with that kind of meat
I'm no stranger to cooking so that's not going to be an issue hopefully.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
That's a good idea. Would be a good thing to prep on Sundays and stick in the freezer for the week.
Yeah, that's one way to go. There's a lot of this kind of advice to find on Imgur and Pinterest, easy and cheap recipes.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good idea. Thanks greg.

I'm no stranger to cooking so that's not going to be an issue hopefully.
Hard boiled eggs are good sub for meat...i boil a dozen on sundays and eat like 2 a day for breakfast along with some fruit,cheese and granola.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I might have been focusing too much on the work and less on myself. It's pretty much trial by fire. This adult stuff. Wish someone had taught me some life pro tips beforehand.
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
I think everyone‘s been telling you that before :fan
Only few people here and there

Never thought he wanted me to be mean :emocat
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
You're a bad influence :gwah


:scry :scry
lmao, the thing is you wont get another good opportunity to skip class/work and mess around after high school. well you can do it in college but that's not a good idea since college can be really hard and is generally expensive
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
I might have been focusing too much on the work and less on myself. It's pretty much trial by fire. This adult stuff. Wish someone had taught me some life pro tips beforehand.
You weren't taught stuff like that in your school? We have things like that....
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hard boiled eggs are good sub for meat...i boil a dozen on sundays and eat like 2 a day for breakfast along with some fruit,cheese and granola.
Yoghurt is a good breakfast food too. I already make smoothies packed with tonnes of goodies every few days.
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
lmao, the thing is you wont get another good opportunity to skip class/work and mess around after high school. well you can do it in college but that's not a good idea since college can be really hard and is generally expensive
My school taught us to be college students even though we're still in highschool so it's a bit too late to skip school.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No... Are you from the future?
I thought you're way beyond the future from me :gwah
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Most western schools have never effectively prepared their students for Adult life. It all culminates in your Highschool Certificate and then they just give you the boot. It's an archaic system put in place during the Industrial Revolution to produce competent workers for the industry. And it's barely changed in 200 years.
 
Top