Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 121 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caiops

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I hope RobotxLaserbeam get an anime announcement early, so it can be saved.

I think this week they reveal something about the Hinomaru Zumou anime.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Do they typically do that? Do things work like that? Even if they announced something, it would take at least 6 months until the shows actually aired.
I don't know. I just imagine it would be awkward when they announce future anime adaptations while the previously announced didn't air yet.
"Hey, guys. I hope you are ready for the anime adaptation of TPN/KnY!"
"What about Yuuna and Hinomaru? Where are their anime?"
"Be patient, they are coming soon."

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Can you guys just wait for the announcement? Discuss about it over and over again will not make it a reality, you know? XD

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Can you guys just wait for the announcement? Discuss about it over and over again will not make it a reality, you know? XD
Two manga are in the sweet spot area for anime announcements, just saying.

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
"just saying" yet you've brought it up multiple times. We get it, Neverland and Kimetsu will probably get an anime. You don't have to say it every week.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
You guys know very well how I have a mad love for Nisekoi, but even I was not that excited about the thought of an anime. XD

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
You like the idea of bringing up a manga from a different publisher and a smaller magazine that is doing well and you also like to leave out big details. Why bring up Slime? That also had a super popular LN first and it started as a web novel. Slime is a monthly manga. How many big hits do Shounen Sirius have in comparison to WSJ?
I bring up other magazines simply because no magazine is in a vacuum. While Jump mangaka feel like they're in a vacuum, as said by Kubo, their series themselves aren't. Yes, Slime was a popular WN and LN. That doesn't mean that will translate to manga sales, especially on this difference in magnitude. Shounen Sirius being a smaller magazine with fewer hits adds to how amazing it is for a Isekai story like Slime to be selling this much. My entire point is in reference to your point that an anime adaptation for a WSJ series is a "big deal".

Now in reference to your point about producers rushing to adapt WSJ manga "simply because its the biggest magazine", AssClass, BC and going back, Naruto and Bleach all had, relatively, late anime. They're not rushing because its the biggest magazine, they're rushing because those series have the most momentum at that moment and they want to capitalize on that. Its normal for producers to rush to adapt hot properties though they might not always get them out as fast as might like. This however ends up with cases like Heroaca which is arguably still running with the "shackles" brought on due to the impressions of the first season. AssClass is the biggest hit this decade and they went almost 3 years to get it on TV, getting it on air in January 2015. I've gone off point but producers are rushing to adapt hot properties and I agree that WSJ has lots of those but to say they're rushing to adapt because its the biggest magazine is not accurate.

I'm not saying Kimetsu won't get an anime but its just as big a deal for that series as it is for a series like Overlord.
I've gone on too much on this.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I bring up other magazines simply because no magazine is in a vacuum. While Jump mangaka feel like they're in a vacuum, as said by Kubo, their series themselves aren't. Yes, Slime was a popular WN and LN. That doesn't mean that will translate to manga sales, especially on this difference in magnitude. Shounen Sirius being a smaller magazine with fewer hits adds to how amazing it is for a Isekai story like Slime to be selling this much. My entire point is in reference to your point that an anime adaptation for a WSJ series is a "big deal".

Now in reference to your point about producers rushing to adapt WSJ manga "simply because its the biggest magazine", AssClass, BC and going back, Naruto and Bleach all had, relatively, late anime. They're not rushing because its the biggest magazine, they're rushing because those series have the most momentum at that moment and they want to capitalize on that. Its normal for producers to rush to adapt hot properties though they might not always get them out as fast as might like. This however ends up with cases like Heroaca which is arguably still running with the "shackles" brought on due to the impressions of the first season. AssClass is the biggest hit this decade and they went almost 3 years to get it on TV, getting it on air in January 2015. I've gone off point but producers are rushing to adapt hot properties and I agree that WSJ has lots of those but to say they're rushing to adapt because its the biggest magazine is not accurate.

I'm not saying Kimetsu won't get an anime but its just as big a deal for that series as it is for a series like Overlord.
I've gone on too much on this.
BNHA didn't get shackles at all imo, so wrong series. World Trigger got the shackles, quite literally, yikes.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't worry. The same topic will be brought up by the same person next week with the same people replying, filling 2-3 pages of aimless speculation of a series that hasn't even gotten an anime announcement yet, all for the inevitable purge by the neighborhood moderators. Let's just move on until then.

Anyway have a question. Has there ever been a successful mystery-detective/psychological/drama series in WSJ? Idk if you guys are heard of this show but I've been crazy hooked on Danganronpa for the last week or so to the point I'm behind on some weekly series like Magus Bride and BC. I'm seriously in the mood to read or watch one, I really enjoyed Kagamigami and was blown when it died. If not WSJ what mag?

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
That one series that have two people:

A human and a midget looking demon that wear a cape and always smile.

And Neuro

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That's a pretty easy question. I think Death Note falls to the category you are thinking. Besides that... Nothing that I can recommend from Jump, but I can look for something in other magazines. From the get go, I would say ERASED (僕だけがいない街) and the author most recent work, 夢で見たあの子のために (Yume de Mita Ano Ko no Tameni).

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks!!! You guys answered fast as hell.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Danganronpa is a popular videogame franchise, the anime adapts the first game

If you like it you can just play the rest of the games

and play Ace Attorney original trilogy while you at it if haven't yet

if like the anime version watch Assassination Classroom anime, it's not a detective series but it's made by the same studio and have similar feel to it

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope RobotxLaserbeam get an anime announcement early, so it can be saved.

I think this week they reveal something about the Hinomaru Zumou anime.
Can we just have RxL anime of part 2...(i just want my animated caddy, back to back weeks he is always amazing)

Chuck_Atlas

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Since a lot of people were bringing Obata and Oba to make PCP, alternatively doing Detective Trap would be sweet too

De La Croissant

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I remember that when the AssClass anime was announced, I thought the manga would explode in sales. But that didn't happen. I mean, it sold a lot, but it didn't reach 1 million in the first few weeks as I imagined it would be, considering that AssClass was a phenomenon when it debuted in WSJ.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Danganronpa is a popular videogame franchise, the anime adapts the first game

If you like it you can just play the rest of the games
Already have my G :cheez. Such an unlikely interesting premise with probably the weirdest, most tropey cast of characters that get better the more they interact with each other. Doesn’t hurt that every girl is thicc and looks good as hell, thanks Leoat.

I’ll check Death Note and the other series you guys mentioned when I have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.