Hangout Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread

How do you prefer the Spoiler/Chapter thread set-up?

  • Different threads for each spoiler/chapter (current set up)

    Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 constant threads (1 for spoiler, 1 for chapter) to allow for continued discussion

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (suggest in thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
As I said, I don’t think he needed to properly refuse her when he never properly declared his love for her and never made it clear beyond all doubt that he loves and wants to marry her, all Yona had were situation which are arguable at the very best. If Yona assumed too much, it was her problem. He promised her nothing.
You and I are seeing this differently. If someone is head over heels in love with you, the least you could do is tell that person to their face and not tell them "I see you as a woman now." That just makes it worse. In some cases things just needed to be said clearly, esp since Yona so stubbornly loved him.

Su-won did tell clearly that he cannot marry Yona. All Hak needed to do in this situation was to ask him why?
Yes but I am not only speaking about this. I am speaking about all his feelings about Yu-Hon, Il etc. He never shared that with his supposed two closest friends and always had a large wall around him.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
You and I are seeing this differently. If someone is head over heels in love with you, the least you could do is tell that person to their face and not tell them "I see you as a woman now." That just makes it worse. In some cases things just needed to be said clearly, esp since Yona so stubbornly loved him.
I don’t think that Su-won knew that her crush was such a serious thing or expected that it was so. Well, in a way it is impossible to say how strong someone’s feelings are unless you can do mind reading. Even if he knew about her crush on him, he might have thought that it is nothing serious or just one of her whims.

Besides, when he asked why she came to her father’s room and he why she was awake so late at night and got his answers that she wanted to tell father that she couldn’t forget Su-won, he is shown with eyes wide open, so I always thought it was an expression of surprise.
http://www.titaniascans.com/reader/Akatsuki+no+Yona/002:+A+Torn+Bond/#page=16

We know that Yona was very serious, because we have access to her thoughts as readers and we know that she wanted to marry him. Did Su-won even know that Yona wanted to marry him? It doesn’t seem so, so it very likely looked different from his perspective.

Yes but I am not only speaking about this. I am speaking about all his feelings about Yu-Hon, Il etc. He never shared that with his supposed two closest friends and always had a large wall around him.
I think if Hak asked Su-won about his reasons for which he cannot marry Yona, Su-won’s answer would lead him to it. Even if Su-won didn't tell him, he would likely get more hints, put pieces together and discover it himself.
 
Last edited:

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
Yes? So it isn't "I won't be your friend anymore if you don't marry Yona" its "You obviously need to marry Yona to be king and that is the only way I will acknowledge you as a king."

I don't see anything wrong with that statement.

Anyway...
So yea let s call it a day...
It was so clearly worded that he would just and only acknowledge Soo Won, if he married Yona...

If this is how you feel friendship should be then there is no point arguing further on this as we will never see eye to eye.
Most likely.

Edit: What I mean to say is everyone has their own standards of friendship, so arguing over that sort of thing is pointless. Like I may think that best friends should be able to tell anything to each other, but others may not feel the same way. So yeah. Wanted to clarify so it doesn't sound rude.
The thing was that it was not an opinion or even an advice...it was a condition!

Yona had absolutely no qualms insulting and scolding Hak, and neither did Tae-Jun or Mun Dok too for that matter so why is Soo-Won the great exception?
Yona is the princess, who was raised oblivious to the world outside, she never experienced much before and Soo Won was raised differently. King Il obviously also stated the fact that Soo Won was not King Hiryuu by avoiding to use the word "no" so in fact...Soo Won s indirect pattern of speech was far more usual than Yona s direct way.

The way it is written I don t think that Soo Won would have never
We don t know

Hints like? Like I said he trusted Soo-Won and didn't seem to think Soo-Won would do something so suspicious. His biggest mistake was trusting Soo-Won, and for that he surely needs to reflect.
Hints?
The fact that he told him no. that he wouldn t want to marry Yona
The fact that he cried on his shoulder and Hak didn t consider it strange.
These are just a few examples!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
First spoilers for chapter 154 are out, aaand
Seems we'll get some flashbacks this time, and a pretty dark face from Il toward little Su-won. Can't wait to see that :3
That is interesting. So Soo Won and King Il are pretty similar...
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I am happy to see that ANY received a section of it's own.I am reading the manga chapters and really enjoying it.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Wait a minute.... is it normal for our convo to be jumping from one thread to the other??? Bec i replied in the hangouts thread but the replies magically went to two other threads... hmmmm... weird...
This was me.

I moved posts that have a specific topic. The Hangout Thread is more for general discussion about the series.

Feel free to create threads in the AnY forum on talking points that aren't covered as well.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
I am happy to see that ANY received a section of it's own.I am reading the manga chapters and really enjoying it.
Hello there! I'm Indian as well :D. Glad to see more guys appreciate AnY. It's not your typical shoujo after all.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Hello there! I'm Indian as well :D. Glad to see more guys appreciate AnY. It's not your typical shoujo after all.
Well the plot is political,so it could have been passed as Shounen also.

And Nice to see you i am from Kolkata.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I am happy to see that ANY received a section of it's own.I am reading the manga chapters and really enjoying it.
Same here since I'm very happy that Yona got a section and I guess the husbusdo wars made you a Yona fan.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Same here since I'm very happy that Yona got a section and I guess the husbusdo wars made you a Yona fan.
I had the anime few months back before Husbamdo Wars started.Then after finishing the anime started the Manga.
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
Well, from the spoilers it seems that Tea-jun, and as an extension Yona, is going to be spared any consequences, since Tea-jun is happy that Kai really attacked and he will not fall into troubles for giving a fake signal. If this gets confirmed, I don’t care what will happen in this manga anymore.

Seriously, what else can be there as far as the story is concerned? Glorious Yona saving the day with her power of luck AGAIN.

I have had enough of this and it sounds super boring. I am not interested in Yona’s journey to become Mary Sue. There are other stories to read and I found a story that looks like it will be a promising replacement.
Which manga? Is it historical fantasy?
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
Well, from the spoilers it seems that Tea-jun, and as an extension Yona, is going to be spared any consequences, since Tea-jun is happy that Kai really attacked and he will not fall into troubles for giving a fake signal. If this gets confirmed, I don’t care what will happen in this manga anymore.

Seriously, what else can be there as far as the story is concerned? Glorious Yona saving the day with her power of luck AGAIN.

I have had enough of this and it sounds super boring. I am not interested in Yona’s journey to become Mary Sue. There are other stories to read and I found a story that looks like it will be a promising replacement.
Can you recommend? Is it manga or a novel? I am looking for some good fantasy novels to read.
 

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
Can you recommend? Is it manga or a novel? I am looking for some good fantasy novels to read.
Add me to the question, though I suppose I'll read AnY till the end, if only out of hope it'll get better near the finale...

Also, @Mini_kinkin, if you don't mind I could recommend you some fantasy novels, it's kinda my genre of choice ^.^"
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
It is not fantasy. I just thought that I will get round to reading March Comes in Like a Lion after finishing the anime, since it has so nicely done characters.
Do you know any other historical manga/manhwa/manhua? Similar to chang ge xing/ AnY in terms of art? I like it when the author draws her characters well~ esp the men.
I usually judge a book by its cover.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
Add me to the question, though I suppose I'll read AnY till the end, if only out of hope it'll get better near the finale...

Also, @Mini_kinkin, if you don't mind I could recommend you some fantasy novels, it's kinda my genre of choice ^.^"
Yes please let me know! :D

It is not fantasy. I just thought that I will get round to reading March Comes in Like a Lion after finishing the anime, since it has so nicely done characters.
Oh cool. Same writer as Honey and Clover. Thanks!
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Finally caught up with the latest chapter.

Hoping to join you all in discussions soon.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
New poll added (please vote) regarding this...

The problem with having a separate thread per chapter (instead of two constant "spoiler" and "last chapter" threads) is that the discussion becomes divided into parts, and sometimes continuing it might prove difficult.
 

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
I'm having a very exhausting argument in another thread, and I just wanted to pop in to say how much I love you guys. We don't always agree, and there're sometimes pretty heated discussions, but at the end of the day we can still talk to each other and learn from each other - and it's great.

Just wanted to get this out. I hope it's not an offtopic? ^.^"
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
I'm having a very exhausting argument in another thread, and I just wanted to pop in to say how much I love you guys. We don't always agree, and there're sometimes pretty heated discussions, but at the end of the day we can still talk to each other and learn from each other - and it's great.

Just wanted to get this out. I hope it's not an offtopic? ^.^"
Awww yeah I agree. Like our views sometimes don't match about AnY, but I am glad we can talk to each other in a civil way and learn things from each other. Going to miss you guys once AnY ends. :(
 
Top