Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Seems the game barely took off thanks to the down-time? That's good, I won't be able to check back until tomorrow late morning/early afternoon. :nod
I'm been wondering about that did the site go down or not? Also I'm going to eat dinner soon and go to bed in a few hours so I'll be checking back again in the morning when I wake up.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If the Ring Bearer is somehow killed,the One Ring will go to a random member from the killing party

More than likely we have atleast 2 killing parties.
Maybe even SK
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Since MH has been down for a good number of hours I might extend a little the Day Phase.

@Lambu
Also while the ring-bearer might not be allowed to say that he has the one ring, the other holders of the rings of powers should be able to talk about them right?
Yes, there's nothing wrong with discussing about regular Rings of Power, the only one that is subject to penalties is the One Ring talk. :nod

@Lambu, sorry for nagging right away :XD Let's assume, hypothetically, that there were a Third Party in the game. What would happen in these two cases? Are TP considered non-mafia Ring Bearers like townies are?
Well, the way I see the rules, Third Party players are neither townie nor Mafia so... none of those two clauses would apply to them. ;)

If a Ring Bearer is lynched once, the Next Day Phase will be skipped.
"once". Who could be lynched twice? XD Only Jesus.
But now that I think about it, it could be due to a Martyr as well. Let's hope for Jesus '-'
Actually I worded that line wrong, what I meant was that if the Ring Bearer is lynched then that "Freeman" penalty would only apply once.
So if you happen to lynch a Ring Bearer for a second time that penalty would not happen again. The same with the Mafia case.

I hope I cleared the misunderstanding. :)
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
people becoming smeagol if they use the ring too much... :zomg



Alright, time for some hints already. I got a passive role that... sort of fits my avy in an ironic way. What about everyone else? I'm especially curious to hear from our numerous noobs :nerd
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,395
Country
Torumekian Empire
hey heyyyyy! it's my 2nd mafia game! and I'm still as clueless as the 1st one! :pleased:XD
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If the Ring Bearer is somehow killed,the One Ring will go to a random member from the killing party

More than likely we have atleast 2 killing parties.
Maybe even SK
We think alike gnut. I think there are two mafias with one having a Mafia Boss like Saruman the white Wizard everyone thought was good till he made his Uruk-hai army and the main Mafia with no Mafia boss like Sauron having either an important killing role like Janitor or an investigative one like Mafia Detective to find the Ring Bearer.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with discussing about regular Rings of Power, the only one that is subject to penalties is the One Ring talk. :nod
Okay, in that case:
I got a ring and my ring works very well in sync with my role and only my role.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,777
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
. I think there are two mafias with one having a Mafia Boss like Saruman the white Wizard everyone thought was good till he made his Uruk-hai army and the main Mafia with no Mafia boss like Sauron having either an important killing role like Janitor or an investigative one like Mafia Detective to find the Ring Bearer.
I'm innocent! :oh...and useful...:3c

look @kira they are already targeting us...no trust for the EC.
Btw, Sauron and Saruman...we're rivals now! :3c
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,191
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Could not expect less from your avy, @Vandred my rival <_> Let's coperate (if we're from the same side).

About the mafia, we had a big mafia in SnK game and some thirdy parties, so we could expect something like that again. From the number of players, though, it would make sense to have 2 mafias too. Well, if we lynch the right person we might be able to find out if there's orange mafia in this game.

And joining to the early hints squad: I never had this role before (no mafia poisoner, no prostitute, no mafia escort)
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I’m not sure if I am truly understanding the ring stuff but I don’t have any specific questions at this time. The story of lord of the rings had all these different groups like Gondor, Rohan, Saruma, Mordor.... I think I agree a second mafia or a third party could be in play. Although this statement below....

Third Party players are neither townie nor Mafia so... none of those two clauses would apply to them. ;)
....confuses me... with the Spanish Jedi mind tricks.....

. Let's hope for Jesus '-'
This statement in itself is really funny to me.

Like fellowship = masons
O.o That would be so brilliant

Since MH has been down for a good number of hours I might extend a little the Day Phase.
Please do.

the way I see the rules
Gandalf be like:

Although this is more Gandalf the Gray, since apparently he is a different person :arf

Normally I wouldn’t mass reply like this but I am at work and on break so trying to hit multiple things at once.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I'm not sure if I had this role before, and I won't check back @.@ it could be useful, or it could never get to be useful and right now, as things stands, I'm not of much use '-'

And since Saruman and Sauron are characters in game (as in avies), it looks weird for me to think of mafia teams having them as heads. I think the LotR is just a random one of us that decided to team up with the Nazguls? I don't recall much about the lore... but it would be weird to have someone dying and revealed as Saruman and then Juviii going into an identity crisis xD
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
hey heyyyyy! it's my 2nd mafia game! and I'm still as clueless as the 1st one! :pleased:XD
Don't worry, Sauron, I'm sure everyone trusts you to help keep the One Ring from falling into the hands of Sauron :verily


Could not expect less from your avy, @Vandred my rival <_> Let's coperate (if we're from the same side).
Too bad neither of us can know if we are, right? :rolleyes:


And joining to the early hints squad: I never had this role before (no mafia poisoner, no prostitute, no mafia escort)
But that's not really telling us anything, Pom =3= Not even gonna say if it's active or passive? You know how this goes. The sooner one gives a meaningful hint that can retrospectively be associated with a specific role, the easier it gets to check who was lying later. :edu


(Not that I'd consider active or passive much of a hint either, but yeah.)
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
My ring will activate when a particular action is taken on me.

Lego > your elf
Sounds like a good ring to have.

I'm innocent! :oh...and useful...:3c

look @kira they are already targeting us...no trust for the EC.
Btw, Sauron and Saruman...we're rivals now! :3c
Eh, really? And why are you so useful 'cause I mean, we are all innocent here, aren't we? XD
Oh, that rival talk gave me an idea of a role which hands out two secondary roles, basically the antithesis to lovers (who try to survive and win together) who try to get the other one lynched to gain an important price like daykill immunity for example! This sounds already pretty darn good in my head. Gonna need to tweak on it a little before I post it on the role suggestion thread~ <3

Could not expect less from your avy, @Vandred my rival <_> Let's coperate (if we're from the same side).

About the mafia, we had a big mafia in SnK game and some thirdy parties, so we could expect something like that again. From the number of players, though, it would make sense to have 2 mafias too. Well, if we lynch the right person we might be able to find out if there's orange mafia in this game.

And joining to the early hints squad: I never had this role before (no mafia poisoner, no prostitute, no mafia escort)
Jesus, you were always Mafia so far? Are you the next Demon, lady pompom? XD
Anyway, if you really are a townie role then those hints are pretty much useless. Not saying you should tell us your role right away but can you give a hint in a round-about way (think of my Treebeard Ent talk hint) that might tell us what role you could have or do not have?

I'm not sure if I had this role before, and I won't check back @.@ it could be useful, or it could never get to be useful and right now, as things stands, I'm not of much use '-'

And since Saruman and Sauron are characters in game (as in avies), it looks weird for me to think of mafia teams having them as heads. I think the LotR is just a random one of us that decided to team up with the Nazguls? I don't recall much about the lore... but it would be weird to have someone dying and revealed as Saruman and then Juviii going into an identity crisis xD
I meant Saruman and Sauron as examples of why two different mafia groups would make sense lore-wise in Lord of the Rings. Didn't actually meant those two to be Mafia Boss and Mafia Detective though if they end up to be just those roles I'd be like a walking Mafia detector. xD
It is highly likely that one or two of the 6-7 evil avis we got (Saruman, Witch King, Gollum, etc) are Mafia and 6-7 players are easier investigated in two nights than 20. See it that way, if 2 of them happens to be Mafia then that's a 1/3 chance to get two different investigation results which will help our dets to determine their sanity quicker and easier than trying to find 4-5 Mafias among 20 which is a 1/5 or 1/4 chance to success of hitting two different results. :)
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I was hoping for a good role. What I got is definitely not what I had in mind :emocat It's used rarely and imo it sucks hard. I can understand why a role like this is in such a big game but I don't like this at all.

On the other hand, he gives me Boromir. One of my favorite Lotr characters, if not my most favorite of all. Without me ever having said that to anyone. This makes me feel conflicted.
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,395
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'm innocent! :oh...and useful...:3c

look @kira they are already targeting us...no trust for the EC.
Btw, Sauron and Saruman...we're rivals now! :3c

let them :teehee they won't know what hits them.


better watch your back though :3c
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I just finished reading the extra rules. So, everyone starts with one ring that somehow boosts their role or gives them other perks, while 1 townie starts with the One Ring. Nobody who ever touched the One Ring can reveal it lest they face penalties. The One Ring itself can be used for some cool effects, but also comes with increasing drawbacks which is nice. If mafia gains the One Ring they will get "serious boosts", which is even bolded in the text, so that can't be anything good at all. Whoever has the ring better think carefully about what they do with it, as it could be completely gamebreaking if used badly.

I get the knock Legolas, but to be fair. I find he had better skills than Lego even tho he died at Helms Deep
I love Haldir more than Legolas. One of my favorite characters even. Wear his face with pride! :nod
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Well, just talked about it with Empi and we have decided on extending the Day Phase until Friday 20:00h CET

I'll fix the timer tomorrow.

And thus, I go to sleep. Be good o/
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,191
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Don't worry, Sauron, I'm sure everyone trusts you to help keep the One Ring from falling into the hands of Sauron :verily



Too bad neither of us can know if we are, right? :rolleyes:



But that's not really telling us anything, Pom =3= Not even gonna say if it's active or passive? You know how this goes. The sooner one gives a meaningful hint that can retrospectively be associated with a specific role, the easier it gets to check who was lying later. :edu


(Not that I'd consider active or passive much of a hint either, but yeah.)


Jesus, you were always Mafia so far? Are you the next Demon, lady pompom? XD

Anyway, if you really are a townie role then those hints are pretty much useless. Not saying you should tell us your role right away but can you give a hint in a round-about way (think of my Treebeard Ent talk hint) that might tell us what role you could have or do not have?
Well, Demon and Erin instructed me on mafia path on my 1st game, but no, I'm not a mafia Lady.
Actually I have a perfect 50% rate of townie and mafia roles :hmph. In four games I was townie twice (and I had prostitute role in both 8'D) and mafia twice (as poisoner and escort respectively). It was mafia-townie-townie-mafia. You can check it.

I know how this works, but it's really interesting how there are so many players left to give hints (and some didn't give that much specific hints either like everyone else pretty much does on D1) and both you and Vand are trying to get more hints from me, really... :heh

James Ryes- My role fits my Avatar if you think about how Treebeard descripted what Ents are.
My role is useful in specific situations.
My role is active.
Vandred -I got a passive role that... sort of fits my avy in an ironic way
Juvii- I'm innocent!
...and useful...
Farfalla- I'm not sure if I had this role before, and I won't check back @.@ it could be useful, or it could never get to be useful and right now, as things stands, I'm not of much use '-'
GrySun I was hoping for a good role. What I got is definitely not what I had in mind It's used rarely and imo it sucks hard. I can understand why a role like this is in such a big game but I don't like this at all.
Lady Pompom- Never had this role before (had the following roles: Prostitute,Mafia Poisoner and Mafia Escort)


I tell the truth (laugh if you want:XD) and my hints become more specific with the time, that's my playstyle, so that't what I'll say for today. :amuse

Intrigues me how there are many roles with "specific conditions" to work. :hmm
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top