Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Alright, time for some hints already. I got a passive role that... sort of fits my avy in an ironic way. What about everyone else? I'm especially curious to hear from our numerous noobs :nerd
Interesting. I'd have to go check to be sure, but iirc as mafia you try not to claim passive roles? Either you're legit or mixing strats(or I'm confusing you with someone else).

You're right about the beginners. Guys, remember what happened to @Emperor Spriggan last game :3c And not just him, Arjuna the game before and...Spriggan again the game before that all messed up as mafias because they were new and didn't know how/what to claim. We could catch ourselves an early mafia if we pressure the beginners.

But the reverse is probably true too. Some of the top dogs(like Farf, Vand, James etc.) being mafias is just as likely.

3am here and I'll sleep now. I'll try to be more useful tomorrow, and I still gotta check back some of the previous games to make a decision on something.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah I'll be going to sleep in an hour or two so goodnight everyone.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
My role is passive. It fits with my character in the sense that it would compliment his others stats... assuming I remember this series properly lol.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I know how this works, but it's really interesting how there are so many players left to give hints (and some didn't give that much specific hints either like everyone else pretty much does on D1) and both you and Vand are trying to get more hints from me, really... :heh

James Ryes- My role fits my Avatar if you think about how Treebeard descripted what Ents are.
My role is useful in specific situations.
My role is active.
Vandred -I got a passive role that... sort of fits my avy in an ironic way
Juvii- I'm innocent!
...and useful...
Farfalla- I'm not sure if I had this role before, and I won't check back @.@ it could be useful, or it could never get to be useful and right now, as things stands, I'm not of much use '-'
GrySun I was hoping for a good role. What I got is definitely not what I had in mind It's used rarely and imo it sucks hard. I can understand why a role like this is in such a big game but I don't like this at all.
Lady Pompom- Never had this role before (had the following roles: Prostitute,Mafia Poisoner and Mafia Escort)


I tell the truth (laugh if you want:XD) and my hints become more specific with the time, that's my playstyle, so that't what I'll say for today. :amuse

Intrigues me how there are many roles with "specific conditions" to work. :hmm
Oh, I remember the "one hint a day keeps the lynch away" philosophy that you and desin advocated last game. How odd that you both happened to be mafia :rolleyes:

And the reason I asked you specifically is because we "veterans" have to give the good example :hee As well as so that no one else feels justified to offer a meaningless hint and get away with it. Needless to say, people who won't have shared much as we get closer to the day's end will get pressured, don't worry. :cop


I just finished reading the extra rules. So, everyone starts with one ring that somehow boosts their role or gives them other perks, while 1 townie starts with the One Ring. Nobody who ever touched the One Ring can reveal it lest they face penalties. The One Ring itself can be used for some cool effects, but also comes with increasing drawbacks which is nice. If mafia gains the One Ring they will get "serious boosts", which is even bolded in the text, so that can't be anything good at all. Whoever has the ring better think carefully about what they do with it, as it could be completely gamebreaking if used badly.
Day 1 is probably one of the hardest days to start with the One Ring. Right now, it's risky to pass it and risky to use it, so I don't even know what advice to give to the poor fellow who started with it. Using it? Even though that doesn't even give any info to the bearer but still tells "something" to the mafia.


Interesting. I'd have to go check to be sure, but iirc as mafia you try not to claim passive roles? Either you're legit or mixing strats(or I'm confusing you with someone else).
I don't think I've claimed passive before, maybe in the DBZ game where I was Burden, but I don't remember a few details of that game before the big event. In any case, of course I'd start to mix strats sooner or later if I were mafia, you can't keep playing the same way forever :nerd
 

Shinyarcanine45

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2016
Messages
117
Reaction score
338
Age
30
Country
Fairy Tail
I was hoping for a good role. What I got is definitely not what I had in mind :emocat It's used rarely and imo it sucks hard. I can understand why a role like this is in such a big game but I don't like this at all.

On the other hand, he gives me Boromir. One of my favorite Lotr characters, if not my most favorite of all. Without me ever having said that to anyone. This makes me feel conflicted.
Welll, we know who is gonna be gone first, if the first book/movie was any indication. :heh


I just finished reading the extra rules. So, everyone starts with one ring that somehow boosts their role or gives them other perks, while 1 townie starts with the One Ring. Nobody who ever touched the One Ring can reveal it lest they face penalties. The One Ring itself can be used for some cool effects, but also comes with increasing drawbacks which is nice. If mafia gains the One Ring they will get "serious boosts", which is even bolded in the text, so that can't be anything good at all. Whoever has the ring better think carefully about what they do with it, as it could be completely gamebreaking if used badly.



I love Haldir more than Legolas. One of my favorite characters even. Wear his face with pride! :nod
I shall wear his face with honor, pride, valor, etc I will do his name justice
Aragorn :zomg
Thankies for the avatars, they're lovely. Even Aragorn can't stop looking.


Pretty crazy setup for the game. Seems a little unfair for town though.

Active role, never had it before.


Finally something i can agree with. :datass
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Is there any benefit in disclosing that you're not a part of the Fellowship? At least on day 1, we can avoid lynching a townie with the ring... there should just be 2 fellowship members, the ring bearer and the lord?? (assuming this is not against the rules).

I'm kinda keen on this idea for today only before the mafia get to chat. After that, they could use this to buy immunity (could do it today anyways...)
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I see that you guys started giving hits about your roles so I will give some too.
First of all I won't say if my role is active or passive as myself don't know where it should be put (but I think it's passive form what I understand )
Second I think I have a useful role that I hoped to get when I first read the rules ( still my least one that I wanted form the list of what I wanted )









More to come in the future.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
votekill Gryffindor

Do we really need an Aragorn in this game? I think not
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
I was under the impression that "The Fellowship" was just another way of saying "Town." Kind of like Nazgul=Mafia. Or did I misinterpret the opening post? Don't think it was meant to infer a separate two-person party.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I was under the impression that "The Fellowship" was just another way of saying "Town." Kind of like Nazgul=Mafia. Or did I misinterpret the opening post? Don't think it was meant to infer a separate two-person party.
My interpretation is the One Ring bearer and future bearers are in the fellowship. I'm not sure about the "Lord of the Ring" who may or not be a part of the group. I believe this person has to be mafia, since the mafia can hand the ring over to this person, for usage. Probably mafia boss?

In any case the ring bearer is town.
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
My interpretation is the One Ring bearer and future bearers are in the fellowship. I'm not sure about the "Lord of the Ring" who may or not be a part of the group. I believe this person has to be mafia, since the mafia can hand the ring over to this person, for usage. Probably mafia boss?

In any case the ring bearer is town.
I take it you're referring to this sentence:
Lambu said:
In order to increase the fellowship's success in their task, every player will be granted a Ring of Power.
As in Town is supposed to help the Fellowship succeed? I see it the other way, as in Town is the fellowship.

I'm not so sure that bearers of The One Ring would be considered a fellowship since its possible a mafia could lay their hands on the ring, wouldn't make sense for town and mafia to be part of a fellowship together if both parties end up being future bearers. The current Ring Bearer is town because we've been told that, a mafia could also be a ring bearer since both town and mafia incur a day/night phase skip respectively for being lynched with the ring. So its not a role exclusive to town. I agree with the Lord of the Ring being mafia.
That's my take on things.
Not discounting yours either, just rolling with mine for the moment.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I take it you're referring to this sentence:

As in Town is supposed to help the Fellowship succeed? I see it the other way, as in Town is the fellowship.

I'm not so sure that bearers of The One Ring would be considered a fellowship since its possible a mafia could lay their hands on the ring, wouldn't make sense for town and mafia to be part of a fellowship together if both parties end up being future bearers. The current Ring Bearer is town because we've been told that, a mafia could also be a ring bearer since both town and mafia incur a day/night phase skip respectively for being lynched with the ring. So its not a role exclusive to town. I agree with the Lord of the Ring being mafia.
That's my take on things.
Not discounting yours either, just rolling with mine for the moment.
I agree, that's my interpretation of the rules as well.


I see that you guys started giving hits about your roles so I will give some too.
First of all I won't say if my role is active or passive as myself don't know where it should be put (but I think it's passive form what I understand )
Second I think I have a useful role that I hoped to get when I first read the rules ( still my least one that I wanted form the list of what I wanted )
If you have an action that you can use, it's active. If you don't and your role only triggers when something happens, it's passive. Simple as that. :cookiehand


I suppose it should be noted that for as long as I have played, every time someone said they didn't know if their role was active or passive they ended up being confused mafias and easy Day 1 lynches...
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Right when I’m about to post yesterday... MH crashes. Bad omen?

Anyway, a pretty cool character. Aw yeah, twice in a row! Won’t have time to really post until maybe at lunch (right now I’m slacking off) but as usual - nice avatars Farf, fun looking game Lambu etc etc. :verily
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Not discounting yours either, just rolling with mine for the moment.
Yea, town=fellowship makes more sense.

What about ring-bearers... those who can't disclose anything... can this be used (on first day especially) to advantage? That's the main thing I wanted to talk about lol.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Right when I’m about to post yesterday... MH crashes. Bad omen?

Anyway, a pretty cool character. Aw yeah, twice in a row! Won’t have time to really post until maybe at lunch (right now I’m slacking off) but as usual - nice avatars Farf, fun looking game Lambu etc etc. :verily
Your lies were to much for MH to handle.


votekill Organizized

 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yea, town=fellowship makes more sense.

What about ring-bearers... those who can't disclose anything... can this be used (on first day especially) to advantage? That's the main thing I wanted to talk about lol.
You mean the fact that they can’t disclose anything per se? Or the One Ring in general?

As Vand said, it’s a tough decision on Day 1 whether to use the Ring or pass it on. Alerting yourself to the Lord of the Ring, which likely is either Mafia Boss or an independent Third Party (?). True, they won’t be able to target you, but they’ll get sensitive info on you (role? Night actions?) which could be fatal later, although possibly depending on how useful your primary role is.
On the other hand, passing it on at this stage would rely heavily on gut feeling since we don’t have much to go on. So the risk of passing it to Mafia (resulting in them getting boosts and you dying the next phase) seems bigger.

In my mind it comes down to whether what info the Mafia (assuming the LotR is Mafia) might get on you is more damaging than the odds of powering up the Mafia.

Damnit, Lambu really nailed it with the tough decisions/curse of a Ring Bearer. :shakefist
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Your lies were to much for MH to handle.


votekill Organizized


--- Double Post Merged, ---
Reading the opening post again I realized it says a Mafia member can pass the Ring on the LotR to use, so LotR = Mafia Boss seems like pretty much the only option actually.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
You mean the fact that they can’t disclose anything per se? Or the One Ring in general?
I meant, and I'm not sure this can work with the group of us and the nature of the game, that people who don't have the ring declare they don't, then we can elude accidentally lynching the ring bearer. And yea, the passing of the ring kinda shoots this down anyway (makes it even more complicated).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top