Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
I like having an active Zasz like this, questioning others etc. But it also makes me feel a bit uneasy. It's unnatural :neutral
Oi, oi, when I'm inactive it's not good, when I'm active it's not good. :kappa
Make up your mind Gry. :kappa
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Also getting (even more) weird vibes from Asako. Last time I remember someone dragged up random roles and rules to discuss for no apparent reason was when zimb played and that's what made me think he was Mafia (which he was), trying to mislead the discussion while appearing active and eager. That type of behavior always sets off warning bells in my head.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Literally niche.
He also said this ^
I don't think that fits Investigator or Mortician more, what those have to do with Panda?

He also said he needs to target someone speficially to get his boost, and that that was up to chances. Also doesn't look like Mortician and Investigator.
(that's why I "jokes" about the Threesome. I can't think of many other roles that rely on a guessing game).
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
He also said this ^
I don't think that fits Investigator or Mortician more, what those have to do with Panda?

He also said he needs to target someone speficially to get his boost, and that that was up to chances. Also doesn't look like Mortician and Investigator.
(that's why I "jokes" about the Threesome. I can't think of many other roles that rely on a guessing game).
Then what could he be ???
Also getting (even more) weird vibes from Asako. Last time I remember someone dragged up random roles and rules to discuss for no apparent reason was when zimb played and that's what made me think he was Mafia (which he was), trying to mislead the discussion while appearing active and eager. That type of behavior always sets off warning bells in my head.
Great...as I already know I will be votekilled this day form how much suspicious I have.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,634
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
He also said this ^
I don't think that fits Investigator or Mortician more, what those have to do with Panda?

He also said he needs to target someone speficially to get his boost, and that that was up to chances. Also doesn't look like Mortician and Investigator.
(that's why I "jokes" about the Threesome. I can't think of many other roles that rely on a guessing game).
A niche means it can only help for rare specific cases. Which fits Investigator completely(niche being the hidden kills which only happen if they use Janitor and becomes worthless after Janitor is dead), while it doesn't fully fit Mortician but it kinda still does, as the info from that is only useful if people targeted some of the dead guys.
Not sure about his ring effect, but which other active role is only "technically" an active role which gives "some info" but doesn't give him many options/usability? Every role but the corspe-picking roles can target whoever, right?

He also said it's a very ungrateful role, which could be interpreted differently as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Basically that I don't know everything about my role yet.
So you're saying it's a role with sanities? Because otherwise it doesn't make much sense.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I will add @Zasz’s hint if someone will remind me of it. XD Plus I will try to make it look more professional.

I like having an active Zasz like this, questioning others etc. But it also makes me feel a bit uneasy. It's unnatural :neutral
I was just reading up on an old game from two cycles ago where Zasz was beneficial to the townies.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,634
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Oi, oi, when I'm inactive it's not good, when I'm active it's not good. :kappa
Make up your mind Gry. :kappa
Oh it is a good thing. Just try to make this the "always-Zasz" playstyle instead of once every year and making me wary :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I will add @Zasz’s hint if someone will remind me of it. XD Plus I will try to make it look more professional.



I was just reading up on an old game from two cycles ago where Zasz was beneficial to the townies.
Oh he was crucial, but still completely afk and zasz-ish ":kappa"
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Votecount Day 2

Players @Zasz , @Shobu_Yoruichi , @BluePegasus receive 2 minor violations for not voting and not posting at least 3 times on Day 1.

Which means 4 penalty votes for each one of them.
If they happen to make another minor violation, they shall be hostkilled.


!votekill Asako
Votelock zasz
Votekill Juviii
kira said:
Votekill Zasz
Votekill Organizized
Organizized said:
Votekill Farfalla
Xadyu said:
Votekill Farfalla
Shobu_Yoruichi said:
Votekill Farfalla
EmptySoul said:
Votekill Organizized
Lady Pompom said:
Votekill Organizized
Gryffindor said:
Votekill Organizized
Holt said:
Votekill Farfalla
Lock Votekill Shobu_Yoruichi
Votekill Organizized
James Rye said:
Votekill Farfalla
Shinyarcanine45 said:
Votekill Shobu_Yoruichi
MarmaladeSky said:
Votekill Orgz
Brandish said:
Votekill Organizized
Belserion said:
Votekill Farfalla
gnut said:
Votekill Zasz
Crescent_jinxgrace said:
Votekill Zasz
shinobi said:
Votekill Organizized
Votekill organizized
Votelock Organizied!
Vote lock Zasz
Votekill Zasz

Grima / Zasz >>>> x10 (penalty vote X4, Deagol/goodboy_lawlett, kira/Sauron, gnut/WitchKing of Angmar, Crescent_jinxgrace/Eowyn, Eomer/Organizized, Belserion/Galadriel)
Eomer/Organizized>>>>x10 (Farfalla/Faramir, Arwen/EmptySoul, Lady PomPom/Pippin, Gryffindor/Aragorn, Juviii/Saruman, MarmaladeSky/Theoden, Brandish/Legolas, shinobi/Sam, Asako/Merry, James Rye/Treebeard)
Frodo / Shobu_Yoruichi >>>> x6 (penalty vote X4, Xadyu/Denethor, Shinyarcanine45/Haldir)
Elrond / BluePegasus >>>> x4 (penalty vote X4)
Faramir/Farfalla>>>> x2 (Shobu_Yoruichi/Frodo, Holt/Bilbo)
Saruman / Juviii >>>> x1 (Grima / Zasz)

----------------------o----------------------
Day 2 ends in:


^for offline and phone users​
 
Last edited:

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Another game, another Janitor :bored

I think whatever had to be said about Cat has already been said, but Panda... :emocat


Now, to the matter at hand. I was a bit surprised to see @Asako bring up the Barkeeper today since it was precisely what I was thinking about when I mentioned a role that could fit "not sure if active or passive" from a new player's perspective yesterday. So I believe that might actually be her role and we'd be having a case similar to Cat's.

Which, of course, could also mean that either it was her original claim she made up on the spot, or that one of her mafia buddies had my same reasoning and suggested she claimed that...
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,634
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Ah... thx Urban Dictionary

:fail
Aren't niches small holes in walls or something of the like? A game/anime/other product being for a niche market means it's only something a small, limited number of people like/would get into, as opposed to more general things that are widely accessable. So I think he meant it like that.
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,395
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'm only active in KoC and Word Association though :arf

I don't have to read a lot or post a sentence unlike here..


my role is active.. it's better than my 1st mafia game but I still don't like it. :arf
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
But Asako meant she believes Panda was the Barkeeper no?
I won't lie, saying a Barkeeper looks like the closest to a Detective is weird to say the least.

I'm still gonna vote for kira so far, though.

Aren't niches small holes in walls or something of the like? A game/anime/other product being for a niche market means it's only something a small, limited number of people like/would get into, as opposed to more general things that are widely accessable. So I think he meant it like that.
Idk tbh. Didn't know the word, checked there cause couldn't find it in a common dictionary. You guys have a better vocabulary then me so I believe it.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Updated version?


1.James Ryes-
My role fits my Avatar if you think about how Treebeard descripted what Ents are.
My role is useful in specific situations. My role is active.
(So Ents are protectors of the Forrest? So like bodyguards @James Rye?)
2.Vandred -I got a passive role that... sort of fits my avy in an ironic way
3.Juvii -I'm innocent!
...and useful...
4.Farfalla-I'm not sure if I had this role before, and I won't check back @.@ it could be useful, or it could never get to be useful and right now, as things stands, I'm not of much use '-'
5.GrySun-I was hoping for a good role. What I got is definitely not what I had in mind It's used rarely and imo it sucks hard. I can understand why a role like this is in such a big game but I don't like this at all.
6.LadyPompom-Never had this role before (had the following roles: Prostitute,Mafia Poisoner and Mafia Escort)
7.Brandish -My role is passive. It fits with my character in the sense that it would compliment his others stats...
8.Holt -I haven't had the role before..I'm looking forward to it though. It fits my character in a sense
9.Asako -First of all I won't say if my role is active or passive as myself don't know where it should be put (but I think it's passive form what I understand ) Second I think I have a useful role that I hoped to get when I first read the rules ( still my least one that I wanted form the list of what I wanted ) It works similar to a detective in same ways but not really and it's not a detective. So it's an active role.
(So like a detective? A spy?)
10.Kira-Role hint #1: not a fan of it
hint #2: my role is active.. it's better than my 1st mafia game but I still don't like it
11.MarmaladeSky-It's active, can't say that an actual King would participate in said activity. I have servants for that, obviously
12.CatSidhe-Well I think I have an inactive role.. (Detective)
13.Belserion-I have a passive role, never had it before.
14.Gnut-Active and had it once
15.Crescent Grace-Oh well, I’m a townie with an action that fits Eowyn.
16.Shinya -I have a passive role
17.Shobu- I'm not active, despite the fact that i need everybody's help to reach Mordor.
18- Organizized As for the role I got, I’ve had it before, don’t really know what to make of it yet.
19- Empty Soul- Active, doesnt really fit my character from what ive read about her
20 GrySun- Claims Paranoid Gun Owner.
21- Gryffindor- Active role, never had it before.
22- TSPanda- I’ll go ahead and state I’ve dealt one of the least grateful roles in the game. Literally niche. It's technically an active role but it doesn’t offer much agency tbh. Some information, but barely any agency. (????)
suspect bar-keeper but I don't know why?:hmm
23 shinobi - My role is an active role.
24. Zasz - It's a peculiar active role, which I never had before.



Common Rings1.James Ryes- I got a ring and my ring works very well in sync with my role and only my role.
2.Brandish- My ring will activate when a particular action is taken on me.
3.Farfalla - My ring activates after 2 events related to my role. No idea what it does.
4. TSPanda - My ring gives me power by managing to hit a certain target
5-Lady Pompom- As for my ring, a certain condition needs to be fulfilled to activate it.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I'm kinda confused, is Asako claiming BP or hoping there's a BP/Panda might have been one?
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I did an update to include Zasz's hint, Kira's second hint, and Cat as the detective as oppose to asking for an edit or some crazy thing that will make me get Cat-terized....
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
So a player passing the ring in the day also takes out a potential use/immunity of the ring for that night.

Just some One ring rambling...
After one use, the LoTR may receive some sensitive information at the end of the night phase. So the lag between the Lord referring this info to his/her mafia will be enough for the ring bearer to offload the ring in time to not get lynched with it (would have to pass it immediately after using it once; this is assuming the sensitive info is enough for the mafia to be certain).

If the ring bearer opts to keep it, and use it again, they can be corrupter or have their identity known to mafia at the end of the night. So using it twice spells big trouble for town either way.

Seems like the power is skewed quite a bit to mafia, might just be one mafia without many numbers tbh.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
But Asako meant she believes Panda was the Barkeeper no?
I won't lie, saying a Barkeeper looks like the closest to a Detective is weird to say the least.
She was cautiously testing the waters about the role, from what I could see. Not really exposing herself. And I think saying that BK "works similar to a detective in some ways but not really and it's not a detective" isn't actually that far off, but that's just what I thought after seeing that today she started inquiring about the same role I thought she could have been hinting at yesterday. So I'm a bit biased, I suppose.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,634
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Any thoughts on my idea of approaching the ring like that? I meant the 1st one who had it yesterday, if he gave it away to come out and say he had it, but not reveal who his target was until next day?
That is ofc only if they passed it away and didn't keep holding onto it though...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top