Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I'm open to any plan that can help us, after its clear just what exactly the previous RB would have to do. I'll read the discussions again to try to properly understand. As for suspects, besides Asako confusing me a bit no one really stands out. And after Cat I don't wanna be too knee jerk.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,622
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Okay, before I go crazy:



--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So @GrySun's plan should be fine as long as it's simply about every bearer coming out once they have passed the ring, but not saying whom they gave it to or anything else.
But Gry's plan includes the first bearer indeed revealing who they passed it to, hence the penalties. If that first person doesn't die next night from passing the ring, the player they passed it to is Town and thus two confirmed Townies.

Maybe I'm missing the point of what your problem is but to me Gry's plan makes sense.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Or am I getting Gry wrong as well? :oh
It's actually really simple. We get a confirmed townie. If he doesn't die from having given the ring away he knows that the guy he gave it to is a legit townie. That guy reveals himself that he had it after he gives it away as well for the first guy to confirm. Rince and repeat as long as it's feasible. Eventually someone would give it away to a mafia if we're unlucky, or it may already be in mafia hands. But for giving us two quick confirmed townies it's pretty useful.

I don't see how constantly discussing the same is going to get us any further. In the end, people have to decide for themselves to get involved in that plan or not.

A hint for today about my role:
- I haven't had it before
- I can only use it at night

Who do you guys suspect at the moment and why? I'm curious. Not sure yet myself about possible suspects, if I'm real honest.
No. It affects all of us. Only half of us agreeing to it gets us nowhere, hence why we talk about it to make sure we all agree to do it. But if the ring bearer doesn't come out he's gonna ruin all our plans anyway. You don't happen to have been it day 1 were you?
In case it's on an afker or the ring bearer used the ring this sadly won't get us anywhere. Which is unfortunate, because it's a really good plan I wish I had thought of yesterday.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
We can talk about something else while waiting/hoping for the RB to come out and follow along with this plan. Without him coming out and having passed it away it's only a good, but wasted plan we can't really pull off anymore. I assume the RB used it and still has it, which is why he doesn't reveal. Which is very unfortunate and a big mistake, since now he has to pass it away anyway or risk the boss knowing his name if he uses it again...

A waste but nothing we can do about it.

Meanwhile, I still find Asako extremely weird, but maybe she's just a confused beginner. kira/Zasz are the random trollers who probably won't contribute anything to the game, at least I doubt kira will '-'
I also have a bad feeling from shinobi.

Today I'd lynch any of these people, while hoping our det/other investigators find something for next day or some other deaths reveal more to us.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
For myself I don't like this plan, it sounds that it will make it easier for the mafia to finding the ring!! let the previous RBs say they're the previous bearers without saying who they gave it to!!
I generally distrust people throwing random exclamation points in their sentences '-' I remember 3 people from the top of my head who made posts similar to these that were mafia in the end. It's nothing big, but that's my reason for feeling weird about shinobi.
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,395
Country
Torumekian Empire
makes sense!!! I bet @shinobi is mafia!!!

oops!!...
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I'm so fucking confused guys. :fail
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,622
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
...okay let's just kill kira '-'

I'm so fucking confused guys. :fail
This should be nothing for the best MG player such as yourself, no? :rolleyes:
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Why is frickin Sauron even with us?
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It's actually really simple. We get a confirmed townie. If he doesn't die from having given the ring away he knows that the guy he gave it to is a legit townie. That guy reveals himself that he had it after he gives it away as well for the first guy to confirm. Rince and repeat as long as it's feasible. Eventually someone would give it away to a mafia if we're unlucky, or it may already be in mafia hands. But for giving us two quick confirmed townies it's pretty useful.



No. It affects all of us. Only half of us agreeing to it gets us nowhere, hence why we talk about it to make sure we all agree to do it. But if the ring bearer doesn't come out he's gonna ruin all our plans anyway. You don't happen to have been it day 1 were you?
In case it's on an afker or the ring bearer used the ring this sadly won't get us anywhere. Which is unfortunate, because it's a really good plan I wish I had thought of yesterday.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
We can talk about something else while waiting/hoping for the RB to come out and follow along with this plan. Without him coming out and having passed it away it's only a good, but wasted plan we can't really pull off anymore. I assume the RB used it and still has it, which is why he doesn't reveal. Which is very unfortunate and a big mistake, since now he has to pass it away anyway or risk the boss knowing his name if he uses it again...

A waste but nothing we can do about it.

Meanwhile, I still find Asako extremely weird, but maybe she's just a confused beginner. kira/Zasz are the random trollers who probably won't contribute anything to the game, at least I doubt kira will '-'
I also have a bad feeling from shinobi.

Today I'd lynch any of these people, while hoping our det/other investigators find something for next day or some other deaths reveal more to us.
I was just making a really big post about this and then you posted lmao. Now I don't know what to say.

"While we wait for the RB"..... I am glad this was mentioned because right now there is too much focus on who has the one ring. Yea we could get a confirmed townie. And that's one strategy... But in the meantime... we have to votekill people and sleuth around and get picked off the mafia at nights. According to the rules, the only people the one ring really helps is mafia, so I keep thinking... "Is this some elaborate plan among the mafia to snoop out the one ring? Get the townies to stop trying to hunt them and start hunting the ring bearer for them?"

It needs to be secondary hunt to how the game is normally played.

this game i will be on gryff like white on rice
Why did you change from stalking Gryffindor to stalking Zasz? Just trolling?

makes sense!!! I bet @shinobi is mafia!!!

oops!!...
Why do you think that?


I'm so fucking confused guys. :fail
Ikr?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
First of all, Votekill kira
I'm sry, 3 trolls in the game is just too much... baring with Misho, Zasz and kira is freaking hard. Hopefully, may kira be mafia and have his fun in the deadpad.

Regarding Asako, I don't think she's mafia after those interactions today. Trying to see it from her perspective, if she's the Barkeeper, it's understandable why a starter would get confused with the role. I don't think she's being inconsistent, at least. Part of what Gry had on her was believing Panda could be the BK (and the mafia would know his role), now he's not that confident about it and sees other options. Vand talked about some bias. And the huge majority just tags along, like in D1, barely providing reasons, just agreeing, that also happened in the Umineko game and irc'd the hell out of me... No wonder mafia dominated that game (even tho townies won if I'm not mistaken, if the 3 mafias didn't gun themselves down, things would be different).
Now we seem to have the same pattern forming... I'm not pointing a finger to the ones I mentioned (Gry and Vand) for that (altho I'm still not comfortable with Vand) but having "big cases" being led by 2 or 3 people and the rest simply following without even elaborating much is a great thing for the mafia: they just go with the flow and go oopsie after. I'd rather not risk a second Cat.

That being sad, if Asako isn't mafia, she's alrdy connected to the Barkeeper role, and if the mafia can't get better guesses on more important roles or the One Ring, it's likely she's dead. If I was mafia and lacking options/afraid of risks I'd take this smaller gamble.
So @Asako are you a Barkeeper, yes or no. If you are, what did you do at night.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
If this was Day 1 I'd be employing my "vote the most destructive person, Mafia or not"-strategy on kira right now.

Why is frickin Sauron even with us?
Says the guy who put Manfred von Karma in his Ace Attorney game. :rolleyes:
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,565
Country
Dragonstone
I also have a bad feeling from shinobi.

I generally distrust people throwing random exclamation points in their sentences '-' I remember 3 people from the top of my head who made posts similar to these that were mafia in the end. It's nothing big, but that's my reason for feeling weird about shinobi.
Really you have weird things to base your trust and distrust of people on!!!!!!!!!!
makes sense!!! I bet @shinobi is mafia!!!

oops!!...
Very convincing!!! :D
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,622
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah, but more as in I've had two stressful days with non-stop talking and information and now I come here, I read about 350 posts and it's just not sticking..

This was too much for me. :emocat

How about you both start with giving hints to your role? You're among the few still missing iirc.

Also @Lady pompom for the next hint recaps try to have everyone and their hints all sorted like they are in the opening post, and have everything about 1 person written only once at their name. Easier to look at, that's how Erin usually does it. It will also help us more to compare who gave us hints already and who didn't.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,565
Country
Dragonstone
I want to correct the typo in my post :oh
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,622
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Else if you have time but don't know what to say right now: Tell us your "reads" (I know Orgz will kill me for saying this somehow :XD), that means giving us your thoughts on players you have thoughts on. Who you trust/distrust and why, or other remarks about people you have which aren't necessarily in town/mafia direction. I already gave mine for some people.

Would be some useful posts to look back on during the course of the game.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
First of all, Votekill kira
I'm sry, 3 trolls in the game is just too much... baring with Misho, Zasz and kira is freaking hard. Hopefully, may kira be mafia and have his fun in the deadpad
At least you didn't receive two troll votes from them like me. :kappa
But yeah, kira is being too trolly this time around.
I wish he could have at least told me more about his role, but only said that he's the power.
I jokingly told him that only I can wield the kappa power, but I wonder if he meant something else with that...
Either way my vote doesn't change.
Also, Juvii is strangely silent, but at least we know that he(she has an active role.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
@shinobi Editing typos is fine, go ahead :)
Those aren't breaking the game rules.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
How about you both start with giving hints to your role? You're among the few still missing iirc.

Also @Lady pompom for the next hint recaps try to have everyone and their hints all sorted like they are in the opening post, and have everything about 1 person written only once at their name. Easier to look at, that's how Erin usually does it. It will also help us more to compare who gave us hints already and who didn't.
Giving hints about yourself is the fucking stupidest thing this came brought forth in people. I fucking despise that. How is that any fun.

But, I've basically been afk till now, so I'll just go with the vague hint that I've had this role before (iirc) and it didn't do shit for me so far in this game.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top