Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,193
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Hm. I remember Gry saying you hinted at sanity related role, Orgz. I'm not sure yet who is lying. Xadyu could be as well your mafia compnion and you're taking the chance to pull a big reveal of roles and get good targets for your big family. :hehBut I don't fully trust Farfy either, let's see what people have to say.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@gnut, @Shobu_Yoruichi what are your thoughts?
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
@Shobu_Yoruichi what are your thoughts?
I think Shobu already 'left'. Which somehow concerns me too. We've had plenty of people like him who just show up to be active and then just disappear.

I expected him to be way more active and involved, this seems like something he would be interested in. But maybe he's backing out because he's afraid to call to much attention on himself to get killed? (Doesn't mean he's townie or Mafia b/c this behavior tho).
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Ah yeah mr. Det. Why Holt of all people then? He wasn't mentioned as a suspect yday, neither looked like a safe pick as a townie, other people like James looked way more trustworthy.

It doesn't matter. I said it alrdy, you either die today or tomorrow. If they lynch me today, then they get their 100% answer on you. Now they can also have fun paying attention to Holt.
He's one of the people I trusted actually, not suspected. It was the way he stayed sensible about Cat when everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,564
Country
Dragonstone
Why would a detective who is trying to confirm his sanity choose to investigate Holt?? from how things happened yesterday wouldn't it be more understandable to investigate, say, Asako maybe ?? :oh
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
He's one of the people I trusted actually, not suspected. It was the way he stayed sensible about Cat when everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.
What?
Gryff was the most solid and insistent one on Cat's cause, with more reasonable points than Holt... If that was your basis to pick, Gryff would make much more sense.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
What?
Gryff was the most solid and insistent one on Cat's cause, with more reasonable points than Holt... If that was your basis to pick, Gryff would make much more sense.
Holt, James and Gryff were my top 3 most trusted so I don't disagree with you there. As to why I ultimately went with Holt, I'm not even sure. It's not like either of them was confirmed in any case, so I figured either was as good a choice as the others.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,777
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
@Zasz why did you vote killed me if I even offer to give you more information about my role? That's suspicious. Not to mention you gave little information about your role yourself.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,193
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Mononoke, Blue Pegasus also didn't give hints until now. As Xadyu said, Shobu must be afraid with could be either mean he's mafia or town and don't want attention. I'm not sure about the others. If you have good roles, exposure could help mafia, but at the same time, confirmed townies can count on docs and prostitutes to help them as well as having Dets checking sanity early.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well, for now, Kira is already a confirmed townie so no need to rush. too much exposure could backfire, let's not be greedy. We should pay attention to it when we solve the current case Orgz vs Farfy.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Btw, Bia, lemme point out 2 more things:
- When asked about his role, saying "basically Idk anything about my role yet" is broad. Gry asked him if he meant sanities, he never replied. When I read it myself I considered he could be vanilla that didn't know if he was trully vanilla or something like sleeper or DM, for example. That's what I mean with broad. But my main point is that Orgz fully evaded Gry's question.
- Another thing.... There were mostly 3 people pressuring Asako today: Gry, Van and Orgz. NONE of them took the simple step of directly asking her to reveal herself alrdy to see if it would meet their assumptions, even denied the benefit of the doubt to a starter for the second time. I was the one that asked her... And in the end, 2 of them are dead as non-townies. I'm guessing the third one was also pushing a bandwagon on her, like those two seemed to be.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,193
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Interesting how the ones that voted for Farfy are Orgz, Xadyu and Shobu too, is that some sort of friendship bond I'm seeing here? :heh
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Interesting how the ones that voted for Farfy are Orgz, Xadyu and Shobu too, is that some sort of friendship bond I'm seeing here? :heh
Yeah, that's exactly why I was calling out Shobu's behavior. Got me there. :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, I snuck a reaaaaaally sneaky, but very obvious hint in one of my posts today.

These Detectives are shit at their jobs apparently. :nah
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
- When asked about his role, saying "basically Idk anything about my role yet" is broad. Gry asked him if he meant sanities, he never replied. When I read it myself I considered he could be vanilla that didn't know if he was trully vanilla or something like sleeper or DM, for example. That's what I mean with broad. But my main point is that Orgz fully evaded Gry's question.
Because he seemed to be prying to get me to reveal more than I actually needed to. If he'd worked out that much, then surely other clever players could as well from what I'd already said. If I'd said outright that I had a role with sanities involved, the whole lay-low tactic of mine would've been for nothing anyway. Exactly the kind of thinking you displayed there was the kind I'd want Mafia to have in mind when I gave that vague hint to begin with, so they wouldn't immediately place me in the high priority kill list.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
@Zasz why did you vote killed me if I even offer to give you more information about my role? That's suspicious. Not to mention you gave little information about your role yourself.
I voted you because you're one of my suspects.
Nothing more, nothing less.
It's not like you're in any danger right now, so I don't see why you reacted this way.
What should I say then?
I've got two random, troll, votes on me. :XD
Anyway, want more info about me? Here they are:
It's a night one and I defined it as peculiar because despite being an active one, it makes me rely on everyone.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Because he seemed to be prying to get me to reveal more than I actually needed to. If he'd worked out that much, then surely other clever players could as well from what I'd already said. If I'd said outright that I had a role with sanities involved, the whole lay-low tactic of mine would've been for nothing anyway. Exactly the kind of thinking you displayed there was the kind I'd want Mafia to have in mind when I gave that vague hint to begin with, so they wouldn't immediately place me in the high priority kill list.
Well, and yet you have no excuse for forcing your hand on Asako's death instead of questioning her directly first.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That part you seem to chose not to answer as well.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,326
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Just got here...quite the eventful day..I recall Gry saying in last game about making bold claims and going through with it..I see now how much he values that move. I think I'd probably never be able to trust him again. Anyway, great shot Kira..Hasty but still excellent target and even more so since we managed to take two out of Asako's list..now it would be one big shit storm if Asako is lying, and I hope I'm not underestimating her, but I think this kinda play would be wayy too advanced for her to pull off like this, regardless of whichever veterans might have advised her (if shes' mafia), this and many more lead me to believe she's saying the truth. Going from there, we have to assume Farf or orgz is the gambler. Before I make any calls myself, just going to ask @Farfalla and @Organizized what do you think Town should do here? And if possible, nothing like "I know I'm innocent so it must be the other guy". I'd prefer an objective opinion
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
What do you call an objective opinion in my place? o.O
I know I'm not mafia, I can't refrain from saying that. I also doubt Asako lied and due to that I'm confident he's the gambler.
I got two hasty votes on me, from Xadyu and Shobu. Xadyu never cared to explain his sudden move, without waiting for anything.
Shobu even provided a laughable reason I was acting agressive and that's "out of my warm character" to vote for me.
Those two also barely played. Before this happened, Xadyu was reluctant to cooperate when Gry requested him to do so. He said he wouldn't give any thoughts about the game. Now he's all on board \o/ Also the cute point that he tried to call out our Prostitute...
I can't be objective on this, I'll be biased, it's my own ass. The way I see it, from my seat, those two (Xadyu and Shobu) deserve attention as well. And so do you since Orgz connected himself to you without a reason I consider to be good enough and he sort of admitted that himself.
He said he had a gigantic post on how convenient my reveal is and never provided it. Then made a super convenient claim as well: of course people will be scared of lynching a Detective AGAIN. Orgz ain't dumb.
And, again, I think my reasoning on the actions taken on Asako are solid and speak a lot about the four of us, Gry and Vand (confirmed non townies), me and Orgz. There was a difference on how to treat Asako: I gave her a chance while Orgz pushed her and didn't care to discuss that.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Well, and yet you have no excuse for forcing your hand on Asako's death instead of questioning her directly first.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That part you seem to chose not to answer as well.
Because I'm not an aggressive/forward player like you, especially when I've got a good role. I'd stated D1 already that I thought Asako was one of the top suspects because of how weird she was acting (sorry Asako). Honestly, the way she talked about the role, I didn't even consider that she herself was BK, I just thought she was bringing up some random points like zimb did when he played and other new players have done before. I didn't think she'd bring up Bar Keeper if she actually was it herself. From the point she actually started insinuating that she might be, I stepped back a bit on my suspicion on her. Not fully though, as I thought she might've been fishing to see if someone else would claim the role before claiming it herself, or if she'd slip up in some other way, but I didn't put any outward suspicion on her when I thought she might be claiming the role herself.

Saying I was forcing my hand on her death is a grave exaggeration when all I did today was mention in one post that I was still suspicious of her, and that was before she started really hinting BK.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
What do you call an objective opinion in my place? o.O
I know I'm not mafia, I can't refrain from saying that. I also doubt Asako lied and due to that I'm confident he's the gambler.
I got two hasty votes on me, from Xadyu and Shobu. Xadyu never cared to explain his sudden move, without waiting for anything.
Shobu even provided a laughable reason I was acting agressive and that's "out of my warm character" to vote for me.
Those two also barely played. Before this happened, Xadyu was reluctant to cooperate when Gry requested him to do so. He said he wouldn't give any thoughts about the game. Now he's all on board \o/ Also the cute point that he tried to call out our Prostitute...
I can't be objective on this, I'll be biased, it's my own ass. The way I see it, from my seat, those two (Xadyu and Shobu) deserve attention as well. And so do you since Orgz connected himself to you without a reason I consider to be good enough and he sort of admitted that himself.
He said he had a gigantic post on how convenient my reveal is and never provided it. Then made a super convenient claim as well: of course people will be scared of lynching a Detective AGAIN. Orgz ain't dumb.
And, again, I think my reasoning on the actions taken on Asako are solid and speak a lot about the four of us, Gry and Vand (confirmed non townies), me and Orgz. There was a difference on how to treat Asako: I gave her a chance while Orgz pushed her and didn't care to discuss that.
My vote wasn't hasty. It was either you or Orgz, because somehow you two seemed like the most legit choices. But since you went for Orgz, I went for you. Just to have a place holder vote.

And I did, through stupidity, try to get a townie to reveal himself. But like I said, I'm rusty. That's also the reason I'm a bit on the quiet side, despite being here all evening.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,326
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
What do you call an objective opinion in my place? o.O
I know I'm not mafia, I can't refrain from saying that. I also doubt Asako lied and due to that I'm confident he's the gambler.
I got two hasty votes on me, from Xadyu and Shobu. Xadyu never cared to explain his sudden move, without waiting for anything.
Shobu even provided a laughable reason I was acting agressive and that's "out of my warm character" to vote for me.
Those two also barely played. Before this happened, Xadyu was reluctant to cooperate when Gry requested him to do so. He said he wouldn't give any thoughts about the game. Now he's all on board \o/ Also the cute point that he tried to call out our Prostitute...
I can't be objective on this, I'll be biased, it's my own ass. The way I see it, from my seat, those two (Xadyu and Shobu) deserve attention as well. And so do you since Orgz connected himself to you without a reason I consider to be good enough and he sort of admitted that himself.
He said he had a gigantic post on how convenient my reveal is and never provided it. Then made a super convenient claim as well: of course people will be scared of lynching a Detective AGAIN. Orgz ain't dumb.
And, again, I think my reasoning on the actions taken on Asako are solid and speak a lot about the four of us, Gry and Vand (confirmed non townies), me and Orgz. There was a difference on how to treat Asako: I gave her a chance while Orgz pushed her and didn't care to discuss that.
The Bias is natural and expected, hence why I said to leave it out, but at the same time, a townie won't be that bothered about being objective tbh. Even if its your ass on the line, I think you could still make some pretty sound potential decisions for us to take regardless. In fact, it's pretty common for a townie to take an objective view, and give his/her opinion on what we should do especially if when said person's ass is on the line
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Because I'm not an aggressive/forward player like you
What asking her if she was the deal has to do with being aggressive/forward? Specially if you thought she was afraid of claiming cause someone else could call her out on a bs, that's another reason why you should have asked her.

You did force her hand on her: by incentive and omission. Omission cause of the 'not questioning' part. Incentive cause you used the moment Gry and Van were discussing how suspecious she looked and she had a vote on her alrdy. You went further to compare her to someone that was mafia in the past, in his mafia play. As you said, you're not aggressive, and you don't have to be to push things.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The Bias is natural and expected, hence why I said to leave it out, but at the same time, a townie won't be that bothered about being objective tbh. Even if its your ass on the line, I think you could still make some pretty sound potential decisions for us to take regardless. In fact, it's pretty common for a townie to take an objective view, and give his/her opinion on what we should do especially if when said person's ass is on the line
But I did it. I gave you my opinion on a course to take now "lynch Orgz, lulz" and further things to check, which can be taken into consideration if you lynch me or him. I don't think we should let both live and decide later, that's dumb, imo. We dunno what buff the Gambler could get if we keep postponing it and the LotR gets the One Ring. Not to mention numbers always matter...
There are hours ahead, we can discuss other things, that's why I'm not hurrying people to make their picks nor criticizing ones like Zasz that takes another path.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top