Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
So you would say BC's anime is doing okay? I remember you saying it was lukewarm at the best when it started. Also there's merch that I would assume we would have to wait at the end of the year to figure out if it's doing well or not, right?
As it is now, I stand by my previous statement. We'll see next week how much its volume sales grew after 2 cours but in regards to overall anime reception and success, I'd still call it lukewarm unless something happens in the third cour to make it explode.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I wouldn't go anywhere near that far, but i think Bozebeats did have a really great first chapter imo.
It's just been entirely forgettable since.
I’m watching you... your comments are always putting me in despair :notsure . Never forget hope > despair.

Was there ever a scene in a jump manga that people legit cried over before? Like, I’m all for being SHOOK and emotional at a death or soft scene but I can’t see myself tearing up over pieces of inked paper.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Crey from seeimg scenes animated especially naruto scenes. Itachi, jiraiya, sasunaru fight in pt1 etc.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Anime don’t count. It’s easy to understand that. But I feel you. When Sasuke told Naruto during their first fight “you’ve been alone all your life!!! How would you know how it feels to lose somebody!? Huh!??” I was broken. Naruto’s answer didn’t help at all towards the painful truth.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I can’t see myself tearing up over pieces of inked paper.
Read outside the shonen demographic.
Asano Inio and Minoru Furuya can illicit tears in me in a lot of their works.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Read outside the shonen demographic.
Asano Inio and Minoru Furuya can illicit tears in me in a lot of their works.
OT, but both of Ooima's works in WSM have made me cry a lot,
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Was there ever a scene but I can’t see myself tearing up over pieces of inked paper.
DearS made me cry once, which was also my very first manga.
Not something I'm embarassed about, but nowadays I roll my eyes about this distant memory.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Yeah i wouldn't be too shocked if Boze ended up like Gakkyuu Hotei with the first chapter getting a half-decent ranking then dropping fast afterwards, although I also wouldn't be surprised if it was your standard flop.

Act-age however I have absolutely no clue about, it's hard to tell the reception with series that are quite unique for WSJ (usually if I'm struggling to predict the ranking of a series it ends up doing pretty well so hopefully that'll remain true).
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Sad part about Act-tage is how no Manga Editors want to risk with this for the moment, so we only have the 3 first chapters by Viz
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
If anything a unique series with medium popularity have a slightly better chance of surviving the boot than a generic series with medium popularity, boze had a decent start but it is nothing groundbreaking, Act-age may last (a bit) longer but we have to see what the new series are like first.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Oricon Ranking Feb 19 - Feb 25
46030 865164 Hunter X Hunter
32958 582781 Haikyuu!!
32319 471974 BnHA
17885 296327 Shokugeki no Soma
14300 129262 Darling in the Franxx
-----------------------
13302 175784 World's End Harem
*8930 367215 Promised Neverland 7
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I personally think Bozebeat and Act-age shouldn't be in WSJ not that there bad series I enjoy Act-age and Bozebeat is fine I guess I don't really have an interest in it. Bozebeat comes across to me that would be much better suited to a Seinen magazine, preferable with a monthly release schedule, and Act-age I think would probably succeed more in a shojo magazine then it probably would in WSJ I'm not saying it won't I'm just giving my thoughts on it.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
For a first chapter, that was a good position for Bozebeats. Which makes me see already next week, what position will chapter 2 get.

RobotxLaserman continues being last for the moment.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Looks like Sharkbait was right once again.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Oricon Ranking Feb 19 - Feb 25
46030 865164 Hunter X Hunter
32958 582781 Haikyuu!!
32319 471974 BnHA
17885 296327 Shokugeki no Soma
14300 129262 Darling in the Franxx
-----------------------
13302 175784 World's End Harem
*8930 367215 Promised Neverland 7
Is it just me or has Haikyuu!!'s sales gone down?
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
By the way, wasn't Spring Weapon ending this issue? Yonkou hasn't signaled anything about it
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Ok-ish for Boze,
so does Spring Weapon really ended or what?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its over for RxL
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
The Saiki K's 4-koma is not even listed, or did I read it wrong that it is supposed to start this issue?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top