Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
So is this the last chapter of Spring Weapon? http://lhscans.com/read-spring-weapon-no.-1-raw-chapter-66.html

I'm not going to lie, if it is the final chapter, I was not expecting a gag comedy like this to end in such a sad way. I'm not exactly sure what's being said in the last 5-6 pages, but it definitely had a somber feel to it.
There's still next week's. It's a very direct homage to Iron Giant and probably the best ending this series could get.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
There's still next week's. It's a very direct homage to Iron Giant and probably the best ending this series could get.
Oh ok. It was surprisingly heartfelt, especially that last panel. Plus,
I didn't see any of the other weapons around at the graduation ceremony either. What did it say about them when it showed all of their silhouettes? Were they taken in by MAPPO?
I'm now super curious to see how this will end.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It definitely had potential, out of all the latest failed battle manga in Jump, it is probably my favorite, really hope Ishiyama can pull a Horikoshi with his next series and pull out something genuinely good
Mmmmm Stealth Symphony though
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Nisio Isin is doing a new oneshot for Jump Plus (bottom left)

 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Another one-shot that we'll never see translated :(
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Tfw we'll never see Nisioisin doing something great like Medaka Box ever again.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Tfw we'll never see Nisioisin doing something great like Medaka Box ever again.
Can't disagree with my avatar showing my bias.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Shoseki Rankings (19/2-25/2)
13. Hunter x Hunter #35
17. Haikyu!! #30
19. My Hero Academia #17
39. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma #28
146. Dr. Stone #4
156. We Never Learn #5

30位25500/50位15000/100位8150/200位4950/300位3200/400位2400/500位2000
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...0000-yen-for-possession-of-child-porn/.128322
https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASL2W55DRL2WUTIL02R.html

Watsuki has recieved a fine and by the looks of it, the Hokkaido arc is going to start back up again eventually. I wonder if Viz will pick it up again or if they'll keep away due to controversy/disgust.
Wow, thats nothing in the scheme of things. And even if this does cause his career to take a massive hit, I still believe this new Kenshin will sell more than enough if it comes back... disappointing really.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt its coming back anytime soon especially when its still fresh on people's minds and also it would be in really bad taste on Shuieshas part to just immediately relaunch it especially after they immediately cancelled Takeshi uears prior.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Didn't Takeshi eventually return? It was just one volume to give the series a proper ending I think but a return is a return, and of course they kept Shimabukuro around to do more series.

Also Shimabukuro was caught with underage prostitutes which I'd imagine is likely a full on child abuse charge, possession is treated quite lightly in Japan by comparison (remember it was even legal there until I think the mid-2000s).
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't Takeshi eventually return? It was just one volume to give the series a proper ending I think but a return is a return, and of course they kept Shimabukuro around to do more series.

Also Shimabukuro was caught with underage prostitutes which I'd imagine is likely a full on child abuse charge, possession is treated quite lightly in Japan by comparison (remember it was even legal there until I think the mid-2000s).
It was allowed to end in Super Jump but it was pretty much cancelled at that point similar to how Saint Seiya ended in a sister magazine because it was canned in Weekly and I think Nura was a similar case where the last 3 chapters were published in a magazine outside Weekly.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I know that, especially because of the current events, it would be impossible in the West for Watsuki to return to the world of manga.
How is it in Japan? How did people react?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I know that, especially because of the current events, it would be impossible in the West for Watsuki to return to the world of manga.
How is it in Japan? How did people react?
Wrong, the new Kenshin 3 in 1 releases from Viz are still coming out just fine.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Also Shimabukuro was caught with underage prostitutes which I'd imagine is likely a full on child abuse charge, possession is treated quite lightly in Japan by comparison (remember it was even legal there until I think the mid-2000s).
What? It was legal there until mid-2000s? Wtf?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Looking it up, possession was actually technically legal until 2014 due to a loophole in the laws, possession with intent to sell or distribute was stated to be illegal but possession on its own was not (it is now though the new law they made specifically excludes anime and manga). Production and distribution, and commercialisation however have all been illegal pretty much since TV and videos became a thing.

So yeah, if this had happened 5 years ago you wouldn't have even hear about it.

I don't want to fill up this thread with law talk though so it's probably best to stop here.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
What's interesting is that I saw on one TV show that the prosecutors office were trying to make an example out of him. Despite that he got off with a small (for him) fine. Its honestly in bad taste for Shueisha to continue to employ him. So we'll have to see how it plays out.

In other news, Black Clover's BD box is estimated to have sold around 340 discs in total according to one source on 5ch. This poster is usually accurate plus its amazon rankings have been abysmal so its probably accurate. This is nothing big as shows in this timeslot barely do discs and kids can't buy these discs anyway.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Didn't Takeshi eventually return? It was just one volume to give the series a proper ending I think but a return is a return, and of course they kept Shimabukuro around to do more series.

Also Shimabukuro was caught with underage prostitutes which I'd imagine is likely a full on child abuse charge, possession is treated quite lightly in Japan by comparison (remember it was even legal there until I think the mid-2000s).
Shima did not know the escort was underaged.
Watsuki intended to obtain material that harmed children in the production .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top