Top Ten Game - Actors/Actresses [COUNTDOWN TO THE TOP 10]

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
This remains a @BluePegasus Entertainment Buseniss ® production so people who attempt to take this over without my permission will meet my lawyer.

Anyway, I’m here to continue this of course. First of all, hello. Second of all, I have an exam week next week and since I find that slightly more important than this (sorry guys), I decided to focus more on studying rather than the internet, hence why I’m so late with this.​

ROUND 3: ACTORS/ACTRESSES



Ah ... ain’t that a beautiful bridge? After we’ve had the movie and TV show round, we go to a round that isn’t about the whole bunch, but on the human beings that are of central importance for the result: actors and actresses.

If you’re new to this game (or have a short-term memory), you can find the rules here.*

Since my exam week is next week, I’ll extend the deadline a little bit. So if you want to participate, send me a top 10 of your favourite actors/actresses of all-time before Friday April
6th 12 PM (CET)
.


If you have any further questions, please ask them in this thread or via PM and I will answer them!

*Please, PLEASE check that you have your names correct.​
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
COUNTDOWN TO THE TOP 10

#61-45 (1/3)

#61 - 1 point (three-way tie)
Eva Green
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Charlie Chaplin
Voted by: @Organizized

Angelina Jolie
Voted by: @Emperor Spriggan

#58 - 2 points (three-way tie)
Meryl Streep
Voted by: @Zirconium

Saoirse Ronan
Voted by: @Brandish

Viola Davis
Voted by: @BluePegasus

#55 - 3 points (five-way tie)
Amy Adams
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Bill Murray
Voted by: @Organizized

Robert Mitchum
Voted by: @Brandish

Emma Stone
Voted by: @Gryffindor (2), @BluePegasus (1)

Emma Watson
Voted by: @Emperor Spriggan

#49 - 4 points (four-way tie)
Oscar Isaac
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Hugh Laurie
Voted by: @Organizized

Marion Cotillard
Voted by: @Brandish

Morgan Freeman
Voted by: @Valhalla777​
 
Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
At least... *checks back which series youve had so far*... Friends didn’t make the top 10. :invalid
I've had enough bad news already today to hear that Friends had got so high... that news might have broken the little faith in humanity I still had left.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I started watching this series recently (Anyone judge me for being late to the party and :nono), and its a really enjoyable series. I don't like Buffy as a lead character, but the rest of the cast is really good. Good in a grounded way. I can't say I quite appreciate how some of the characters like Oz feel like filler background material and a bit of an unnecessary addition, but I'm glad my favorites from the old team are still in. Giles and Willow are my top 2 characters in the series currently. Xander is third. It's remarkable how he's gone from the whiny butt he was in Season 1 to becoming someone I genuinely look forward to seeing more of.
Also, fuck Angel :sbunny Little bishie wannabe
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
BtVS/Angel
Best season = Season 3
Waifu list = Willow, Cordelia Chase, Faith, Winifred, Tara
Husbando list = Spike, Oz, Wesley, Angel
Sugar daddy = Giles
Character that deserves more of @Emperor Spriggan’s salt then Angel = Riley

Team Spike x Buffy all the way. :blush:handgun







That is all. Have a nice day. :hi
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
#8 #9



Blackadder
Score: 22 points


Voted by: @zimbardo (10), @Brandish (7), @Organizized (5)

Running time: 1983-1989
Genre: Pseudohistorical British sitcom
Episodes: 24
Creator: Richard Curtis, Rowan Atkinson (series 1), Ben Elton (series 2-4)
Starring: Rowan Atkinson, Tony Robinson, Tim McInnerny, Miranda Richardson, Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie

Set in England at the end of the War of the Roses, we soon find out that the history we know is a Tudor fiction. In fact, Henry VII did not actually win the battle of Bosworth Field; he lost and though Richard III died in the battle, his nephew King Richard IV (who certainly was not smothered while still a boy in the Tower of London) reigned on for some years. The story focuses on Richard IV's younger son Prince Edmund, a sniveling coward who calls himself the 'Black Adder'. Assisted by his grungy servant and the moronic Lord Percy, Edmund plots his rise to greatness.
Source.

Peggy Adds

I fully respect Blackadder for pushing the boundaries of the overall sitcom genre, but I would never add this to my watching list. Sorry!

Official trailer
​
 
Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Peggy Adds

I fully respect Blackadder for pushing the boundaries of the overall sitcom genre, but I would never add this to my watching list. Sorry!​
100% your loss. :invalid
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just realized I've only got two left... :/ And it's the super obvious ones.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I lost track of those since the lists aren't pinned like before xD
An uber series I listed is still left, but I forgot if something like Black Mirror alrdy appeared.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Yeah, someone pin the other posts. :nod


@Brandish maybe, since you're lurking?
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
08 Blackadder
09 Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10 Gilmore Girls

11 Westworld
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
#7 #8



Stranger Things
Score: 23 points
(four-way tie part 1/4)


Voted by: @Valhalla777 (8), @Emperor Spriggan (7), @BluePegasus (6), @zimbardo (2)

Running time: 2016-
Genre: Science fiction/horror
Episodes: 17
Creator: The Duffer Brothers
Starring: Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Natalia Dyer, Charlie Heaton, Cara Buono, Matthew Modine, Noah Schnapp, Sadie Sink, Joe Keery, Dacre Montgomery, Sean Astin, Paul Reiser

In a small town where everyone knows everyone, a peculiar incident starts a chain of events that leads to the disappearance of a child - which begins to tear at the fabric of an otherwise peaceful community. Dark government agencies and seemingly malevolent supernatural forces converge on the town while a few locals begin to understand that there's more going on than meets the eye.
Source.

Peggy Adds

Balancing elegance and credibility is needless to say tough for a show with a thorough focus on '80s pop culture, but Stranger Things does that ideally correct. It's almost like they time travelled to that period with today's power for television craftmanship. And don't underestimate the use of modern techniques, because the characterization, tempo, mood, cast, original soundtracks, directing, script and use of influences are all top-notch.

Official trailer
​
 
Last edited:

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Stranger Things already out? What a strange coincidence :rolleyes:
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I also think it's a good moment now to say that once a game is over, I add the complete ranking to the second post of this thread so you can always find it back easily (the movie list is already there).​
 
Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I mean... it’s good. At points really good.

But watching it way after everyone else and seeing their reactions, I kept thinking “but when does it get amazing?”
Think it’s because it pays homage to classic 80s movies like The Goonies, ET, Aliens, The Lost Boys, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Mad Max, etc....
 
Top