Top Ten Game - Actors/Actresses [COUNTDOWN TO THE TOP 10]

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
This remains a @BluePegasus Entertainment Buseniss ® production so people who attempt to take this over without my permission will meet my lawyer.

Anyway, I’m here to continue this of course. First of all, hello. Second of all, I have an exam week next week and since I find that slightly more important than this (sorry guys), I decided to focus more on studying rather than the internet, hence why I’m so late with this.​

ROUND 3: ACTORS/ACTRESSES



Ah ... ain’t that a beautiful bridge? After we’ve had the movie and TV show round, we go to a round that isn’t about the whole bunch, but on the human beings that are of central importance for the result: actors and actresses.

If you’re new to this game (or have a short-term memory), you can find the rules here.*

Since my exam week is next week, I’ll extend the deadline a little bit. So if you want to participate, send me a top 10 of your favourite actors/actresses of all-time before Friday April
6th 12 PM (CET)
.


If you have any further questions, please ask them in this thread or via PM and I will answer them!

*Please, PLEASE check that you have your names correct.​
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
COUNTDOWN TO THE TOP 10

#61-45 (1/3)

#61 - 1 point (three-way tie)
Eva Green
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Charlie Chaplin
Voted by: @Organizized

Angelina Jolie
Voted by: @Emperor Spriggan

#58 - 2 points (three-way tie)
Meryl Streep
Voted by: @Zirconium

Saoirse Ronan
Voted by: @Brandish

Viola Davis
Voted by: @BluePegasus

#55 - 3 points (five-way tie)
Amy Adams
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Bill Murray
Voted by: @Organizized

Robert Mitchum
Voted by: @Brandish

Emma Stone
Voted by: @Gryffindor (2), @BluePegasus (1)

Emma Watson
Voted by: @Emperor Spriggan

#49 - 4 points (four-way tie)
Oscar Isaac
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Hugh Laurie
Voted by: @Organizized

Marion Cotillard
Voted by: @Brandish

Morgan Freeman
Voted by: @Valhalla777​
 
Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Think it’s because it pays homage to classic 80s movies like The Goonies, ET, Aliens, The Lost Boys, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, Mad Max, etc....
I know, and I think the references are really clever and cool most of the time. And the story is solid. Great cast, too. But idk, people got my hopes up for it being this super innovative series, while it’s really just a (great) love letter to the 80’s.. but not really anything new (and tbf that’s its strength).

And there’s nothing wrong with that. I really like the show. Just noting what I felt when watching it. :nod
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I also have some issues with the plot of Stranger Things...
Like adults allowing kids to go first into a deadly maze...
But maybe I'm just ignorant about 80s references and those are related to it? Idk.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
But idk, people got my hopes up for it being this super innovative series, while it’s really just a (great) love letter to the 80’s.. but not really anything new (and tbf that’s its strength).
People really say that? I don't see anything about Stranger Things that is innovative ... to me it just feels like a series that perfects the television making typical for this era. It's astonishing because it does precisely that what one could expect from such a show, but it doesn't do more in a way that it becomes state-of-the-art, which isn't something bad per se.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I love Stranger Things. The kids are amazing. But it isn't that spectacular really. The second season was a little dissapointing. The plot structure was pretty much the same as season 1. But maybe that was the joke. Since you know, all horror sequels follow the same formula.
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Stranger Things huh?
Even as someone who doesn't usually watch live action tv shows, I can see the appeal of it and it's been on my watch list for quite sometime... and while I heard some rumors about some disappointing things that happened as the series go on, it won't be erased from that recommendation's list. :lmao
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I'm gonna join you guys and say that while I really loved the first season, liked the second season and think it's a great show overall.

It certainly doesn't live up to it's hype and all the hubbub surrounding it. In the end it's good. But not Top 10 good.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I’m kind of hot and cold on stranger things. My favorite thing is the interaction of the main kids. While the story is interesting and has some good moments, it really relies too much on stuff already famous from the 80s. It’s not breaking new ground in anything it does. It’s just a revamp of retro stuff.

Don’t spoil yourself with this if you don’t know the series..... :derp

Stranger Things parallels the Goonies





Stranger things parallels Aliens franchise













Stranger things parallels Firestarter




Stranger things parallels ET





Nightmare on Elm Street




Nancy (ST) = Nancy (ANoES)

Other stuff:




 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Yeah well, that's the thing. It's the perfect homage to the 80s and all things horror.

But outside of that it doesn't really deliver something, and that's where I have issues.
I need to care about these character, this show and this story. Not how and why they give homages/tributes/wtv to the things that came before which they.. copy.. But unfortunaly that's where the show runs on, that and Winona Ryder memes.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yeah, they've really nailed down the style and feel of 80s down every little detail. It is full of homages and individual shots that straight from classics. It's superbly well shot and lighted series. I really love the look.

But that' it. I Love, I really do from the bottom of my heart. But it just doesn't have the substance. Even Buffy delivers better social commentary. It's a great series, but not incredible.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think lot of the hype comes from how positive a surprise it was. No one really expected It, it just kinda dropped into Netflix during a rainy summer, had a cool icon which made people click it, and not knowing what to expect at all, the well executed 80s tribute knocked out the unprepared viewers.

It's success is also a lot about good timing. It got good exposure in Netflix in otherwise quiet season.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
We're going to lose a series that is widely esteemed as one of the most important and pioneering TV shows of all-time.




































































#7 #8



The Sopranos
Score: 23 points
(four-way tie part 2/4)


Voted by: @Organizized (10), @Eigengrau (9), @Brandish (4)

Running time: 1999-2007
Genre: Crime drama
Episodes: 86
Creator: David Chase
Starring: James Gandolfini, Lorraine Bracco, Edie Falco, Michael Imperioli, Dominic Chianese, Steven Van Zandt, Tony Sirico, Robert Iler, Jamie-Lynn Sigler

An innovative look at the life of fictional Mafia Capo Tony Soprano, this serial is presented largely first person, but additional perspective is conveyed by the intimate conversations Tony has with his psychotherapist. We see Tony at work, at home, and in therapy. Moments of black comedy intersperse this aggressive, adult drama, with adult language, and extreme violence.
Source.

Peggy Adds

This is quite a striking transition – we start the tie at #7 with a series that found its main inspirtation from concluded happenings in the past to a show that notably focused on problematic and controversial topics that were never remarkably discussed before on TV. While Stranger Things mostly reproduced, The Sopranos fully focused on producing things – it shaped a more straightforward, realistic form of the mafia genre that deviates from the overdone dramatic type. Even though I didn't include it on my list, I extremely respect shows like this one that evoke profound opinions to the viewers (hence why I included Degrassi in my list due to the groundbreaking storylines they introduced to a mainly teen audience).

Official trailer
​
 
Last edited:

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Don’t you psssht that friggin’ masterpiece.

Tbh it’s like the Cowboy Bebop of non-anime shows for me. Watched it for the first time when I was like 13-14, completely changing my view on TV shows, and nothing else has really surpassed it ever since.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Don’t you psssht that friggin’ masterpiece.

Tbh it’s like the Cowboy Bebop of non-anime shows for me. Watched it for the first time when I was like 13-14, completely changing my view on TV shows, and nothing else has really surpassed it ever since.
I've never seen it
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
1. Game of Thrones 2. Walking Dead 3. Breaking Bad 4. The Wire 5. Sherlock 6. Dr. Who

Let's see how wrong I'm gonna be.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
1. Game of Thrones 2. Walking Dead 3. Breaking Bad 4. The Wire 5. Sherlock 6. Dr. Who

Let's see how wrong I'm gonna be.
I sincerely hope you're wrong with number 2.

We haven't seen it yet, and seeing how for some kind of inexplicable reason it's the 2nd most popular show ever.. It's probably on here.


Kill me now :emocat
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I sincerely hope you're wrong with number 2.

We haven't seen it yet, and seeing how for some kind of inexplicable reason it's the 2nd most popular show ever.. It's probably on here.


Kill me now :emocat
I hope I'm wrong too. I'd rather have the top 6 be all iterations of CSI than walking dead.

First season was good. Then it got worse by every ep.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I hope he’s wrong about #1... :fail
I hope that too.
 
Top