Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Ziga has done a terrible job of making us empathetic of Ko... That’s one of the most despair-inducing starts to a Jump series out there, and it had absolutely no impact. If that’s not a bad sign, I’m not sure what is.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain

Issue #19 was the next one with Haikyuu cover, wasn't it? Wondering what will get Issue #20 cover

Issue #24 is the one where we'll get first Noah Notes ranked position.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
has anyone else noticed the last few action oriented Jump manga were really bad at depicting action? Like I cant tell what the hell is happening in Golem Hearts, Jujutsu Kaisen, Bozebeats etc.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,556
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Probably they understood that the classic Battle SHonen now does not interest almost anyone anymore and try on other genres.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Because they tell and don't show as oppose to show don't tell. Not to mention they're all bad.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A significant number of comments on the jump issue at viz site asking for Ziga, its getting praise and love, yes, yes yes please listen.
 

TheEnhancedExe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
281
Reaction score
344
Age
29
Country
Germany
Amagi’s charisma though... you guys are heartless people. In all seriousness I would vote for Noah as “the most likely to survive” out of the 3. But I get way too many Dr. Stone vibes with this series, shit makes me feel so indifferent. Maybe that’s why I don’t see potential.
They may have similar premises, but everything else is different. In fact one of the similarities between the premises is that they do the opposite things. The characters in Dr. Stone lost the past world they lived in while the characters from Noah's Notes will lose the future world they live in (unless they prevent it). There are definitely some similarities, however they have completely different settings. They're both educational in their own way, which is actually a good thing.

Maybe the reason you feel they're similar is because in both manga something unexplainable happened/will happen, which is the main mystery of the story. Despite that, I would say Noah's Notes definitely has potential, because both will end up with their own explanations for their respective mysteries. So even if you think they're similar now, they won't always be similar. They will both take their own paths to solve the mystery.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Probably they understood that the classic Battle SHonen now does not interest almost anyone anymore and try on other genres.
You say that when the bigger series worldwide are still classic battle shonen lol. Did you not see the Dragonball Super craze?
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
You say that when the bigger series worldwide are still classic battle shonen lol. Did you not see the Dragonball Super craze?
DBS had major nostalgia backing it. Everyone loved DBZ as a kid, and I've seen a lot of people admitting that they only watched it for nostalgia.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
DBS had major nostalgia backing it. Everyone loved DBZ as a kid, and I've seen a lot of people admitting that they only watched it for nostalgia.
That's a good point, even then I don't see how his point correlates to these mangakas literally being unable to draw action.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
JoJo staff at it again
Where's the simulcast at though Viz
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
That's a good point, even then I don't see how his point correlates to these mangakas literally being unable to draw action.
I don't really know what he's trying to say (as usual). I was just pointing out why mentioning DBS there probably doesn't apply.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
has anyone else noticed the last few action oriented Jump manga were really bad at depicting action? Like I cant tell what the hell is happening in Golem Hearts, Jujutsu Kaisen, Bozebeats etc.
The recent ones were all by inexperienced artists who don't understand panel flow yet.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It doesn't have too much with the topic but I began to read Jojo in March 19 and today I finished part 4. Really great series, I really like it. And Kira is a much better villain than Dio ever dreamed to be.

For me both in quality and enjoyment it's: Diamond is Unbreakable>Battle Tendency>Phantom Blood>Stardust Crusaders
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
DIO is just lacking in some areas for me personally, still a great character. Diego is even better character and mops the floor with most jojo villains/antagionists. You'll know who what I'm talking about when you get there.

I found part 6/7 villains to be the best in the franchise.
 
Last edited:

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Was expecting Jaimini to start from chapter 4, oh well
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
For me both in quality and enjoyment it's: Diamond is Unbreakable>Battle Tendency>Phantom Blood>Stardust Crusaders
Meh. Personally, and I know I am in the minority in this one, I really cant stand Part 4. It was annoying and boring to me. I've enjoyed Part 3 more, just because I liked the maincharacters(except with Jotaro).

I agree with @Gray Winter on this one, Part 6 and 7 are the best for me, too.That is also the reason why I want to see the Part 5 anime soon, just so we'll get closer to see my beloved Jolyne animated!
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,556
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
You say that when the bigger series worldwide are still classic battle shonen lol. Did you not see the
<b>Dragonball</b> Super craze?
You answered yourself.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top