Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Lol that's a good point. Something like hero studies would have a fairly large humanities component considering the messed up stuff they'd encounter daily, just like real life majors where workers will encounter death/tragedy as part of the job do. Eh, don't sweat the details.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Also, they have more english lessons than japanese lessons. I'll take it as superhero stuff was born in USA
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
1st year, learn the basics so you can fall back to the normal life with normal jobs, I'm guessing the courses will get more specific as we go on
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Use the MHA thread for this please.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
That brings up a general question about wsj series, why does nobody seem to go to school in some fantasy series? I get that the main character wouldn't because they have to adventure but schools don't even seem to exist in One Piece for example (unless you count marine academy).
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That brings up a general question about wsj series, why does nobody seem to go to school in some fantasy series? I get that the main character wouldn't because they have to adventure but schools don't even seem to exist in One Piece for example (unless you count marine academy).
Some jump writer needs to pen the Harry Potter of SHonen Jump, would read in a heartbeat. School Life series are some of the best things around, and combined with magic Mahouka Koukou style, we could have a true hit on our hands.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
That brings up a general question about wsj series, why does nobody seem to go to school in some fantasy series? I get that the main character wouldn't because they have to adventure but schools don't even seem to exist in One Piece for example (unless you count marine academy).
Isn't One Piece set in something like the middle ages? Public schools weren't a big thing at that time.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
One Piece has TVs and and telephones, it's relatively modern as far as fantasy stuff goes.

And then you've got HxH which has videogames and stuff.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
That brings up a general question about wsj series, why does nobody seem to go to school in some fantasy series? I get that the main character wouldn't because they have to adventure but schools don't even seem to exist in One Piece for example (unless you count marine academy).
Because the power of friendship is the only teaching you need to be a champion.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Some jump writer needs to pen the Harry Potter of SHonen Jump, would read in a heartbeat. School Life series are some of the best things around, and combined with magic Mahouka Koukou style, we could have a true hit on our hands.
Because Mx0 was a smash hit.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Damn... so close to reaching 100 chaps but Jump said "NOPE! AXE FOR YOU !"
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One Piece really does have a hold on whether spoilers come early or not huh?
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Mx0 is the manga which most rage I've ever seen for being axed.

For me, is Sesuji wo Pin.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I haven't actually read it and I can't tell who's serious here anymore, is this sarcasm or was it actually good?
Yeah, it's really good. I can see you liking it a lot.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Mx0 is the manga which most rage I've ever seen for being axed.

For me, is Sesuji wo Pin.
Mx0 obviously .

Illegal Rare easily. So much potential. Great world, incredible atmosphere, cool and interesting characters (and design), genuinely funny yet also super intense.
Turned what could have been an edgy mess in the hands of most mangaka into something really good.

Shuudan absolutely. So much potential. Genuinely felt like being a kid again on my youth soccer team.

Personally, I adored Hungry Marie but I can see why it didn't catch on with many. Beelzebub as well while we're at it. It's better at being Gintama than Gintama.

Magico was the most charming thing on the planet.

Ultra Battle Satellite was great. Can't wait for the mangaka to return.

Psyren is an easy answer but for a reason. Also liked Kagamigami.

I was quite fond of Golem Hearts as well tbh.
 
Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I remember Enigma in 2010. I really liked Enigma. At least it lasted like 40 chapters if I recall well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top