Anime League Anime League - Spring 2018

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tough week to choose. I'm going with..

Grancrest Senki
Darling in the FranXX
Wotaku ni koi wa Muzukashii
​
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BLack Clover
Tokyo Ghoul Re:
Boruto Naruto Next Generations
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hard to choose this week... Will probably change it a bit later but for now

Megalo Box.
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai.
Shokugeki no Souma.
High School DxD Hero.

It's really hard...
 
Last edited:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Darling in the FranXX
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai
Hinamatsuri

Damn, it's so hard choosing only three options when there are lots of good series out there at the moment.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hinamatsuri
Darling in the FranXX
(so will episode 16 be bad again while 17 will yet again be another great piece if Anime?)
Steins;Gate 0 (Kurisu... :emocat)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
My nominations

Hinamatsuri
Darling in the FranXX
Megalo Box
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Hinamatsuri
Boruto
Persona 5 the Animation

I support Erinyes, Sasuke vs Kinshiki was greatly animated. Reminds me of Sakura vs Shin
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This weeks picks!

Hinamatsuri -ep03- I'm Home!... :XD
Darling in the FranXX -ep15- They recovered this week from last week's disappointment.
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii -ep02- Fun series!

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai -ep03- Change of perspective this episode :kappa
Boku no Hero Academia -ep41- Pretty good.
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory -ep02- Running for their lives.
Steins;Gate 0 -ep02- The Krisu App
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou -ep03- Good show… maybe I should hunt down the original.
Golden Kamuy -ep02- Pretty good! I liked it better than the first episode. So, 28 tattoo'd prisoners
Shokugeki no Souma -ep14- Sexy-sensei outfit! :XD
Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi -ep03- This got better! Time for a little adventure.
Captain Tsubasa -ep03- Drunk breaks in at 2am and the cops were not called. :XD
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online -ep03- Finished off the flashback.
High School DxD Hero -ep01- not bad, but I prefered the previous studio I think.
Megalo Box -ep03- This week's episode was just ok… new characters annoyed me.
Grancrest Senki -ep15- Setup episode for next stage…
Caligula -ep02- What if the Matrix was glitched?
Mahou Shoujo Ore -ep03- The show makes me laugh and then cringe. They really like subverting tropes.

I might drop some more, but I am down to 18 series so it's managable.
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
Hinamatsuri
I originally thought Anzu would have found a home and family at this stage but I was wrong.

She is doing a good job fitting in with those other homeless people, I like how she refused the money to begin with but glad she took it in the end to try and help, didn't quite work out but I like her progress.

Very crafty plan there by Utako to get Hitomi to work there, either way she is very good at that job and looks like she is having fun, the money is also very good.

I think Hina should stay away from housework from now on, ah they ended the show at the best part lol, I wanted to see his horrified reaction.

Cardcaptor Sakura
Everything Akiho said at the start it what's been happening in the last couple of episodes, it might be fun for her but Sakura has had quite a tough time.

Mario Kart! well something that closely resembles it.

That white rabbit Akiho has is featured quite a bit in this episode, probably won't be long now until it comes to life like it shows in the opening.

I was waiting for that moment Sonomi got to meet Sakura again, nice to see she's as lively as ever,

What a cool home theater that is, I also thought that play was truly wonderful.

No surprise Tomoyo had a lot of fun filming the best parts of Sakura & Syaoran together.

An earthquake, just like in that play.

That Snooze card will always be one of the best, just being able to put people to sleep and keep them aware from harm plus also Sakura hiding her magic identity.

We have to wait until next episode to see what happens next, not often we get left on an ending like that.

SAO Gun Gale Online
Pito is probably talking about Kirito & Sinon there at the start.

I see so it was Pito who got LLENN & M as a team.

You can tell how much of a combat expert M is just by watching him train M, all those drills and exercises were very useful.

I actually like taller girls, I'm not tall myself, only 175-177 but for some reason I just like them being tall.

That was a really nice fan letter she wrote to Elsa Kanazaki.

Looking forward to the next episode.


Honorable Mentions

Toji no Miko
Haha what a funny way to start this episode.

It was funny watching Kaoru throughout this episode trying her hardest to succeed.

Sayaka & Nene got along very well and the other Toji liked her a lot.

Sad that Yume did pass away, I felt sorry for her after seeing her backstory an how much she actually struggled just to live, plus she refused the aradamas power that everyone else used and wanted to do things her own way.

Kaoru's strongest point is fighting as expected.

Yep that was indeed Maki, the other one might be the princess Yomi was talking about.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby
Good think Suzuka is around to help Special Week out when she's not paying attention like all those times at the beginning.

Lol at the censoring out the amount of kilos she gained, now I understand we her outfit didn't quite fit and why she was a bit slower during that race.

Lol again at all the girls kicking the trainer in unison.

After watching that mock race I understanding what the trainer saw during the review, and by setting up that race against Taiki Shuttle Special Week learned a lot of things and is now starting to enjoy racing, she has benefited a lot from this.

Special Week, Seiun Sky & El Paso Condor all racing against each other, should be a very exciting race to watch.

Nanatsu no Taizai

Darling in the FRANXX
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
GGO is a Saturday show after all. It just was delayed for episode 1. So I added @Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ 's vote from the first week.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Another week, another table:


Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
►​
1​
Hinamatsuri
33​
►​
2​
Darling in the FranXX
21​
►​
3​
Megalo Box
16​
►​
4​
Wotaku ni koi wa Muzukashii
13​
▼1​
5​
Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season
10​
►​
6​
Captain Tsubasa (2018)
6​
►​
7​
Persona 5 - The Animation
5​
▲3​
7​
Piano no Mori
5​
►​
7​
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai
5​
►​
10​
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
4​
▼3​
10​
GeGeGe no Kintaro (2018)
4​
▼2​
12​
Black Clover
3​
▲4​
12​
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen
3​
▲4​
12​
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
3​
▼2​
12​
Tokyo Ghoul:re
3​
▼6​
16​
Comic Girls
2​
▼6​
16​
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou
2​
►​
16​
High School DxD Hero
2​
►​
16​
Steins;Gate 0
2​
▼6​
16​
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby
2​
▼5​
21​
Golden Kamuy
1​
►​
21​
Grancrest Senki
1​
▼5​
21​
Gundam Build Divers
1​
▼5​
21​
Major 2nd
1​
►​
21​
Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu
1​
▼5​
21​
Puzzle & Dragon
1​
►​
21​
Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen
1​
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Piano no Mori
Wotaku ni koi wa Muzukashii
Hinamatsuri
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
My nominations for now

Hinamtsuri
Megalo Box
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hinamatsuri.
High School DxD Hero.
Golden Kamuy.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll go with...

High School DxD Hero
Grancrest Senki
(An unstoppable army is at our doorstep. Everybody lets get nude!! Not saying it made sense. Just that it was batshit awesome.:nod)
Wotaku ni koi wa Muzukashii ​
 
Top