A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Gosh... Jalter needs her own manga series...



:lmao
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Not done with Mahoutsukai no Yome but I saw Gintama won best cast in the MA. Kinda makes me curious about the series. Same for Monster too which won best manga. How good are the anime equivalents? Well mostly monster. I'll read Gintama instead I guess...
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Gosh... Jalter needs her own manga series...



:lmao
Can't see your pics xD

Not done with Mahoutsukai no Yome but I saw Gintama won best cast in the MA. Kinda makes me curious about the series. Same for Monster too which won best manga. How good are the anime equivalents? Well mostly monster. I'll read Gintama instead I guess...
Monster = Overrated, especially here on MH. Yes, it's a good show. It's a show I could recommend, but don't expect anything amazing or groundbreaking or something along those lines. Ofc that's just my opinion, and opinions differ, but I think you will feel rather similar about the show. I have to admit I can only judge Monster as an anime though, never read the manga.
As for Gintama... well it's great, but the humour might not be for everyone. Basically, Gintama is comedy mixed with story arcs, meaning it's mostly comedy until the endgame (the manga currently is in its last arc). Gintama gets a real lot of praise and I think it's deserved for the most part. Some story arcs are truly amazing and the comedy is great most of the time too, if it's your cup of tea. But that show is a real beast in length, so if you actually want to get into Gintama shoot me a PM and I will tell you what you might be able to skip. Lots of episodes aren't needed, if you don't skip anything you would need to watch like... something close to 400 episodes I think. But yes, Gintama is something where you should watch the anime, it improves the manga counterpart most of the time :nod
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Jalter needs her own manga series indeed :nod

As for the Saberfaces... I can't deny that lulz, it's a running gag. But as a fanboy I have to say that the first pic upper left row and the second to last pic lower left row are in fact the very same Artoria, so that doesn't count xP
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
I am not sure if you've seen this drawing but I will show it anyway since I liked it.

This is simple yet so beautiful. I really love how the artist made Sayo in here )even though she wears nothing xD). It truly shows everything about her being that wonderful yet sad golden butterfly, that golden endless witch.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I am not sure if you've seen this drawing but I will show it anyway since I liked it.

This is simple yet so beautiful. I really love how the artist made Sayo in here )even though she wears nothing xD). It truly shows everything about her being that wonderful yet sad golden butterfly, that golden endless witch.
omg I didn't, thanks for sharing :zomg I think it's about time for a new Umineko set : D Not this pic, that would be too spoilery I fear, but I'm in the mood for something Umineko-related :pleased
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
omg I didn't, thanks for sharing :zomg I think it's about time for a new Umineko set : D Not this pic, that would be too spoilery I fear, but I'm in the mood for something Umineko-related :pleased
I see that you've indeed changed your set into a wonderful Umineko one. Gosh I love that Beato avatar especially since her shiny blue eyes are doing it for me and the sig fits perfectly with it. I totally approve this! :3

EDIT: By the way this old fanart and Lambda's expression to Beato tho XD

 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Your profile says that you are from Chaldea...

An unexpected and horrendous mistake for someone who grasps for perfection.


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No... I'm not finished, but I HAD to post THIS! :lmao
​
CheckFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die the Death!>
<Sentece to Death!>
<The Great Equalizer is Death!!>
​

HAHAHAHAH, probably the best part of EP5 for me so far. I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! :lmao

I will make two ringtones for my phone, one will be Beato's laugh and the other one will be THIS! HILARIOUS!

Dlanor <3
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Your profile says that you are from Chaldea...

An unexpected and horrendous mistake for someone who grasps for perfection.


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No... I'm not finished, but I HAD to post THIS! :lmao
​
CheckFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die the Death!>
<Sentece to Death!>
<The Great Equalizer is Death!!>
​

HAHAHAHAH, probably the best part of EP5 for me so far. I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! :lmao

I will make two ringtones for my phone, one will be Beato's laugh and the other one will be THIS! HILARIOUS!

Dlanor <3
YES!! YOU FINALLY SAW DLANOR. SHE IS TRULY E P I C. : D

Gosh you have no idea how much I love that quote of her. Now I can finally (well sort of.. a bit.. at some degree) freely talk and use some funny moments of Dlanors to you when it comes to this. :XD
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
YES!! YOU FINALLY SAW DLANOR. SHE IS TRULY E P I C. : D

Gosh you have no idea how much I love that quote of her. Now I can finally (well sort of.. a bit.. at some degree) freely talk and use some funny moments of Dlanors to you when it comes to this. :XD
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'M NOT PLAYING UMINEKO RIGHT NOW, JUST LOADING THE SCENE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND LISTENING TO HER

WORTH IT

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

SUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDES
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thoughts/notes I took during my read:
LMAO, what an epic start. :lmao

So, there is still no winner? Why is the 5th game starting before Beato and Battler fought over the 4th game?

Lambda: “I’ll be the next Game Master. Any objections? You’ve got none, right?” -> OBJECTION!!!!! xD What the hell is a Game Master by the way?

Bernkastel also makes the point that it’s game over since Beate gave up the fight. To which Lambda replies that Beato is just KO’ed for the time being. So, even Beato can come back just like Battler did a couple of times? How is this fight going to end if anyone can make a comeback?

Battler thinks that Bern and Lambda are on another tier than Beato. No idea what this purgatory is, how or why you end up there, how or why you become this Game Master there...

Lambda: “What’s this? Not satisfied? Are you saying you’ll step down from my 5th game? Isn’t that a loss by default?” -> xD double standards 4tw Lambda. When it comes to Battler, it’s a loss by default, when it comes to Beato, the game just continues. *facepalm*

Screw Bernkastel for showing Ange’s death to Battler and mocking him. Too bad Battler couldn’t grab and punch her in the face. Battler: “This witch was like a phantom, or a cat who wouldn’t let someone pet her if she didn’t wish for it.” hahahahahaha

Lambda says that Beato and Battler are just pieces on the board that exist to distract them (Bern x Lambda) from their boredom. Who are these two, what did they do before Beato clashed with Battler?

This screenshot... Enough Umineko for today...

Battler lets Bern fight for him in his stead. But how does this make sense? I always had the impression that Lambda and Bern know about everything, so how can they play a game where each one knows the truth?

Anyway, the game starts and we already have some deaths here. I had to laugh when I read the info boxes of the characters. For example in Jessica’s case it says “The direct cause of death is unknown, but her neck was sliced open by a sharp blade. The wound was deep enough tthat anyone could easily confirm her death with absolute certainty”. :lmao Sorry game, no red, no certainty!

A new character appears and accuses Natsuhi of being the culprit. No surprise for me, since Holt x Magi spoiled me about this. : (

Oh cool, we get to see Kinzo’s death scene. Nanjo, Gohda, Genji and Kuma were told to keep silent about Kinzo’s death.

Krauss screwed up big time, LOL! :lmao

Beatrice makes an appearance (ouside of the fateful days btw) while Natsuhi speaks to the ghost of Kinzo. Which makes me question whether the red truth “Kinzo is already dead at the starting time for all games” applies to EP5-8 too or not. Anyway, I can’t get myself to be interested in convos featuring Kinzo, since he is (apparently, lel) dead and all.

Beatrice “revived” Kinzo, ehhh okay. Is this just a metaphor or the real deal? I mean, EP4 really fucked me over when it comes to the question whether magic is involved or not.

Beatrice says that Kinzo will dissolve once he is exposed to this anti magic toxin shit. Sounds to me like a poor way to hide something which isn’t there under the name of “magic“.

Dear god, that flashback between Natsuhi and Krauss is cute as fuck!

Bern says in regards to the scene between Natsuhi x Beato in 1985: „It only looks like they’re drinking together because Lambdadelta, who’s the Game Master and the one telling the story, interpted it that way“. If the Game Master – no idea what the GM is by the way – is the one telling the story, does this mean all episodes are just made up or how am I supposed to understand this sentence? Or does is it simply mean the episodes are real, but the GM is kinda able to put a “layer“ on real events to misdirect Battler? Ah... my head begins to explode again...

Bern states in red that Natsuhi is drinking tea all by herself. Interesting.

Okay, Battler makes an incredible stupid statement here: „In the first place, the Devil’s Proof argument makes it impossible to deny the existence of witches“ -> agreed. „And, according to the rules of the game, saying something like what you did in red (referring to Bern’s red truth where she states that Natsuhi is drinking tea alone and not with Beato) is a forbidden move that leads to a stalemate“ -> plain bullshit, how does this lead to a stalemate? It’s a win for the anti-witch party in regards to this scene and this scene alone. What kind of bullshit logic is Battler applying here by saying it would lead to a stalemate? „You can’t deny the existence of witches, not even with the red truth“ -> say wuat? :lmao That is exactly the main point of the red truth, namely... stating the truth, lol. Theoretically, it is/should be obviously possible. In practice, it would end the game in a couple of seconds... Seriously, this block of text from Battler might be one of the stupidest lines I read in Umineko. xD

Dunno, but I think Battler is wayyyy toooo nice again. Considering what he went through over and over again, he still tends to be extremely nice towards his opponents while sugarcoating his behaviour with nonsensical reasons. He even went as far as to use the blue truth in order to comfort Beato in some way. Sorry, I’m not a big fan of Battler at this moment, he lost quite some plus points there.

Oh god, a young man calls Natsuhi and claims to be her child. This thrill... this atmosphere... I got gooesbumps! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??? He wants revenge for Natsuhi’s crime 19 years ago, which was 1967? I just put it in my timeline table, and these are the events which happened in 1967 -> Ronove: „In 1967, in a hidden mansion on Rokkenjima, Beatrice-sama existed as a human“ (from EP3). The cliff scene between Rosa and Beatrice happened in 1967 (from EP3). Jessica was born either in 1967 or 1968 (from EP1). Is this guy connected to one of these events?

So, this Erika Furudo appeared. I have – repetition incoming in 3...2...1... – no idea what is going on. :lmao She apparently had an accident at sea. Which brings me back to my theory that there might be an island close to Rokkenjima, which people use to go back and forth. Bern says that she placed herself – referring to Erika – as a piece in the game, but I’m not sure how to interpret this. Moving on.

Okay, it’s stated in red that Erika didn’t influence the previous games at all, but that doesn’t refute my theory about the island close to Rokkenjima. It’s also stated that Erika isn’t the culprit, but I feel a wordplay here. When exactly do you become a culprit, what makes you a culprit? The game hasn’t given any clear definition of it. And I sense a wordplay when Battler asked for the number of people on the island. Lambda: „Furudo Erika only increases it by one person.“ -> No shit, Sherlock? I thought she would increase it by 0.5, smh, do you even math? Lambda also says: „Besides her, the number of people on this island is exactly the same as it was in the previous games.“ -> Thanks for giving us an exact number... Seriously, Lambda is either very bad at this stuff or I’m just forcing myself to suspect anything these damn witches say.

Bern says: „The people in the guesthouse have joined up with the rest, and now, all of the pieces except for Kinzo—all of the Humans—have gathered in the parlor.“ -> But not in red, lel.

Lambda: „In other words, the number of people in this parlor now is equal to the total number of people on this island.“ -> except for the people who are on the island next to Rokkenjima? : )

Erika’s voice is kawaii as f*. xD “<Good>“ :lmao

They try to solve the epitaph. Can’t say whether they are going into the right direction or not. This might be a ploy after all, lel. If we assume that they are on the right track with all this letters/characters thing, then the epitaph was never about killing people in the first place and it just appeared that the people got murdered according to the twilights.

Did I ever ask why/how Beato is in the EP5 game and supporting Natsuhi?

Battler: „Gouge the foot...and kill. ...And that completes it...“ Erika: „I see, ...so ithat really was what ‘gouge‘ meant.“ -> Even though, I don’t get to see what they are referring to, this convo further implies that the epitaph as we perceived it in the beginning is complete bull. Unless you want to tell me that Battler and Erika just killed someone there.

Battler: *The feel of it this time was clearly different from the previous times, as though some sort of device had activated.* -> HAY HAY! I UNDERSTAND! ... Actually no, I don’t. A device? WTF? Where the hell are they?

Battler recognizes Kinzo, just what the fuck, man...

Something points to the direction of the Golden Land. I guess that’s the doing of this device... whatever that device may be.

LOL, Battler and Erika indeed found the gold... so fast? oO

I guess I know where this EP is heading. Erika will reveal the discovery of the gold and the U-Family will go batshit crazy and try to kill each other?

I have a very hard time accepting the red truth saying that Beato has nothing to gain whether the riddle is solved or not. There is always something to gain, one way or another. The red is invalid.

This mysterious man calls again. Natsuhi confirms (not in red though) that Jessica was born in 1968. According to my timeline table, only the events revolving around Rosa x Beatrice x cliff happened in 1967. How is this man and Natsuhi connected here? Maybe something else happened in 1967 we weren’t told of? By the way, is this guy really the child of Natsuhi? The way he mockingly calls her „mother“ over and over again makes me think that he is just trolling. At least, I take he is not the child of Krauss x Natsuhi, otherwise Krauss should be a target for this guy as well, no? So, Natsuhi cheated on Krauss? This is something I can’t believe Natsuhi would do. The guy calls Natsuhi a murderer. Well, the cliff scene where Beatrice died happened in 19 years ago. Is this guy referring to this event? But how is Natsuhi involved there? It was Rosa.

Natsuhi likes autumn, just like me. : )

Suddenly, Natsuhi seems to recognize the guy now. Oh well, what the hell is going on. The guy asks Natsuhi to tell Jessica that he is her older brother by one year. If that is true, then this guy was born in 1967.

Häh... we get a scene of Kinzo asking Natsuhi to take care of „some random“ baby. And this baby fell from a cliff with another servant. Is falling from a cliff a thing in Umineko now? :lmao It was one year before Jessica was born. Chances are high that this baby is the guy who calls Natsuhi on the phone. No wonder he teases her with „mother“ all the time, and why he calls Natsuhi a murderer. I think we are being fooled a little bit here. Let me connect some dots: In 1967 Beatrice had a child (Kinzo is probably the father) -> Beatrice x Rosa scene happens -> Kinzo wants Natsuhi to take care of the child (because of Mrs. Ushiromiya, he says it’s his grandchild. Why else would Kinzo „take care“ of some random baby? He wouldn’t, because it’s not some random baby) -> Natushi – and not a servant as the game wants us to believe – throws the baby from the cliff (hardly imaginable, but Natsuhi might have been extremely desperate, who knows) -> baby survives -> and here we are?

Battler again in his „be nice to Beato“ and „this is a fight between Beato and me“ mode. Ugh, quite annoying to be honest. Even healthy rivalry has its limits and I thought we were past that one after the stuff with Ange. I absolutely can’t understand or agree with Battler’s reasoning here. It’s feels so off.

Hmh... George, Rosa, Maria and Jessica are dead, apparently. As things are right now, I can‘t limit the possible suspects at all.

Ehh... Erika used the red truth in the real world? What the actual fuck?

On another note: I don’t know how to describe it, but EP5 feels so weird. Don’t like this EP so much. It doesn’t give me this Umineko vibe. And too much weird stuff happen in my opinion, even for Umineko standards. :lmao How is Erika able to use the red truth within a game? It feels so forced that she can do whatever she likes so freely. No way a family under such extreme conditions would let a random stranger do as she/he pleases (but maybe magic duh...). The fact that Erika can „jump“ between the world in EP5 and the Purgatory bugs me. I don’t get why there is a Beatrice playing this game with everyone else, while another Beatrice is a shadow of her former self and doesn’t do shit. Why are Lambda and Bern playing a game of which they know the truth? It feels like they are pretending and acting. Whatever I try, I can‘t connect any dots. So frustrating xD.

Dlanor makes an appearance. I remember her from the Mafia Game.

And another character whose name wasn’t stated makes an appearance. Eva „summoned“ her. I don’t understand anything anymore. I guess it’s best to not bother with explanations and just continue reading. T_T

And another character without a name makes appearance...

Dlanor uses the red truth and Beato is surprised that she can actually use it even though she is neither the owner of the Kinzo’s study nor the Game Master -> how does this even make sense? Virgilia, Bern, Lambda, Beatrice, Erika and one of Dlanor’s minions (I assume) used the red truth so far. Most of them aren’t the owner of Kinzo’s study nor the Game Master. Why is this a surprise for Beato now?

By the way, I kinda like Dlanor. And her voice. xD I like so many voices in Umineko. :lmao

The fight between Dlanor and Beato is kinda boring. Beato keeps spamming stupid far-fetched blue truths which can be countered without being a genius mastermind. Beatrice: „It's possible that, after slipping out the door, Kinzo noticed the trick with the receipt and correctly returned it to its original place.“ Dlanor: „Denial of that with the red has already been FINISHED. After 23:00, the door to the study was not opened even ONCE.“ Beatrice: „Kinzo might have been marvelous magician and an inventor, right?! He might have invented a drug that turns his body to mist and slipped out through the keyhole.“ Dlanor: „No such drug EXISTS. It mus not EXIST.“ Beatrice: „Or maybe he invented a teleport device, right?! That possibility is undeniable because of the Devil's Proof.“ Dlanor: „Such machine does not EXIST.“ -> Hope it will get more interesting later.

Beatrice: „There's a chance the Kinzo Natsuhi mentioned does not refer to the person himself. The Kinzo Natsuhi spoke of might have been another name for this room, right? Kinzo had taken refuge in Kuwadorian and was impossible to contact. Perhaps Natsuhi called this room "Father", and by contemplating inside it, she felt as though she had received some sort of revelation from Kinzo.“ -> Yeah, yeah... I call bullshit.

Beatrice: „Or, it might be that Natsuhi, who was ordered to speak specially on Kinzo's behalf, considered herself both his representative and another Kinzo! In other words, it's possible that Natsuhi was also Kinzo!“ -> Oh come on... this level of bullshit is unbelievable.

Oh god, people are seriously asking Natushi whether she calls the study room itself „Father“ or not. I won’t invest a single second to bother with such nonesense. If this game really goes into the direction where you can give/change/interpret names the way how it suits the game best to fool the reader, then be it. There is no need for me to make a point at all. Probably the first episode I would consider bad so far.

Okay, thank god one of Dlanor‘s minions stated in red „when Natsuhi refers to "Kinzo", she means Ushiromiya Kinzo and nothing else.“ -> phewww... I hope this is not a play of words again where „Ushiromiya Kinzo“ means something entirely else. This game makes me paranoid...

I wonder if the words Dlanor speaks in capital letters have a meaning? I should have wrote them down... >.<“

SUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDESSUMIDES

DESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDESDES


Dlanor <3 climbs the ranks of my favorite characters extremely fast! The only character saving EP5 for me. :lmao

Battler broke the closed room of Kinzo’s study. Well, kudos to him. He did something awesome in this episode for once. xD Episode is getting slowly better.

It’s so difficult to document all those red and blue truths, since so many people are using/throwing them around. I can’t „link“ them properly in my excel file now. :lmao

Erika is going mad. :lmao

Okay, we get this beautiful scene where Battler catches Beato, but as beautiful as it is, it doesn’t make a shred of sense, seriously. All this sudden Battler x Beato feels so wrong. I can’t buy this.

Oh yeah, I like the talk between Dlanor and Battler in the purgatory rose garden (or whatever you might call it, lel). She kinda indicates that this game of Lambda x Bern is just farce. I questioned this game since the beginning.

Now Dlanor and Erika discuss about the letter which was found. They say (not in red) „Just a few minutes before the letter was discovered, Shannon and Kanon came in to serve TEA. When they entered, multiple witnesses confirmed that there was nothing suspicious like a letter in the hallway.“ -> Why not state it in red then?

Lambda states in red: „Krauss, Natsuhi and Genji did not even touch that letter.“ -> You don’t have to touch a letter to move it from A to B. This red is not enough to free those three, Lambda-chan.

Lambda: „Not a single person in the dining hall... no, there a simpler way to say it. Among all those inside the mansion at 24:00 not a single person placed that letter in the corridor.“ -> But Bern said „Wouldn't it be easy if Kanon, the last person in, secretly dropped the letter there when he closed the door?“ -> „Dropping something“ doesn’t necessarily equal to „placing something“. Lambda is not countering Bern’s blue truth here. I thought you HAVE to counter the blue truth with a red one???? Lambda’s red truth should be invalid. The correct counter to Bern’s blue truth should be „[...]not a single person dropped the letter in the corridor.“ Lambda violated the rules here. This actually happened a couple of times before if you are very strict. And I am very strict. :nod

Bern: „So, you can’t say that no one touched it?“ -> Lambda: „Obviously. They ‘touched it when they picked it up‘. Of course I couldn’t say that none of them touched it.“ -> OF COURSE YOU CAN BY PROVIDING A FREAKING PERIOD OF TIME BETWEEN TWO EVENTS! But Lambda doesn’t. Why is that? Why not say „None of them touched it before they picked it up at 24:00 when the letter was found“???????????????????????????

Now they talk about the knocking part. After reviewing the red and blue truths over and over again, I came to conclusion that I have no conclusion. xD

Again some talk about the letter, and no one questions why Lambda used the term „place“ instead of the term she was obliged – according to the rules – to use, which is „drop“.

I feel really uncomfortable with Erika using the blue truth (and speaking about the blue truth) in the world/game of EP5. oO

Ehhh??? LOL! According to Natsuhi, only Shannon knows that her favorite season is autumn!!!!!!! AND WHO IS GONE MISSING IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW? IT IS KRAUSS!!!! AND WHAT DID I SAY IN EP1??? THAT KRAUSS AND SHANNON HAVE AN AFFAIR!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!

Natsuhi uses the red truth... I thought people in the game can’t use it?

How the hell did Hideyoshi end up dead? Where is the culprit? Is the game fooling me and in reality, Natsuhi killed Hideyoshi? You can’t trust anything but the red truth...

Huh? We make a huge jump forward in time and there is this beautiful cathedral.

Lambda: “The Court of Illusions will now begin.” -> yeah... illusion is a nice term to use, lel.

Gaap and Ronove say that a human can’t use the red truth, but we already saw Erika and Natsuhi use the red truht. Just what the fuck? oO

The whole cathedrale scene is amazing so far. Erika putting her ear against the wall and listening to the cousin’s room all the time is hilarious! :lmao The battle in the cathedrale is pretty straightforwad, so I have not much to say.

Bern: “at 24:00, Natsuhi, Krauss, and Genji were in a corridor on the 2nd floor of the mansion. The rest of them were in the dining hall on the first floor. And as you know, there was a mysterious knock, and a letter with the One Wing seal on it appeared. The discussion surrounding that continued on until 1:00. I will say it with red truth. Of all people in the dining hall, not one of them left the dining hall until 1:00 AM.” -> is there a reason why Bern skips the red truth in the middle? This already happened in previous epsiodes as well. There is certainly a reason behind it, but I just can’t grasp it.

Poor Natsuhi, everyhing points towards her, but even I can’t believe it. By the way, Krauss was killed right away after the phonecall, and he is not the culprit (the definition of a culprit is still very vague though). : / But one thing is bugging me... just because Natsuhi has no alibi, doesn’t mean she is the culprit. We still have this mysterious guy roaming around Rokkenjima, no? What’s more, it was not stated in red that one of the dead characters didn’t commit suicide (I know it’s very far-fetched but still). Maybe – just an example – George killed them all in the cousin room and commited suicide after? Lambda doesn’t even state in red that Natsuhi is the culprit. No, she even says “From this point forward, the defendant will be treated as the true culprit.” -> being treated as something doesn’t mean you are whatever you were charged with.

Bern: “Natsuhi, when did Kinzo ever say it was okay for you to engrave the One-Winged Eagle into your heart? Those were just the words of the Kinzo from you delusions, weren't they? You know, the real Kinzo... Not once in his entire life did he ever trust you from the bottom of his heart, and not once did he ever consider letting you bear the family crest!“ -> Woah... harsh... just harsh....

Holy shit, I feel so sorry for Natsuhi. Everything is against her. Those red truths from Bern are ruthless. : (

Oh my god... the scene between Eva and Natsuhi is too much for me to swallow... and this is just a VN... just imagine a good anime adaption of this scene...

Battler enters the stage, but gets aizenstomped by Dlanor and co. This endless back and forth is becoming kinda annoying, since all of Battler’s blue truths are just him grasping at straws.

Ah damn, it is stated that all deaths were homicides. Was it ever stated that everyone who were found dead...were actually dead the moment they were discovered? I just skimmed through the reds (gosh... so many reds), and this is the only red I found from Bern: “George, Jessica, Maria, Rosa and Genji really are dead.” -> Again, no actual point of time was given there. I hate the fact that Battler almost never thinks about the time in his battles. Or maybe I’m the one grasping at straws here.

Battler states in red: “Ushiromiya Natsuhi is not the culprit.”, to which Dlanor replies in red: “Knox's 2nd. It is forbidden for supernatural agencies to be employed as a detective technique.” -> She usually states the last word in capital letters, don’t know why she didn’t do it this time...

Ah... I feel so sorry for Battler for not being able to use the red truth. >.<” Everything is against him. And the scene when he finally loses and gets pierced by the red truth... sadness and sorrow : (((((

Oh we get some info about Natsuhi’s marriage. Wow... as if the trial wasn’t enough... This is some high level humiliation she is experiencing in EP5 : /

Wow... Erika makes fun of Natsuhi because she can’t use the red truth to state that she loves Krauss. But Erika forgets that she isn’t reading the diary of Natsuhi with the red truth either, lel. Double standard much? Maybe all the things Erika read from the diary are fake?

HAHA, the game wants me to believe that the red truth is not necessary anymore since the reason given seems plausible to everyone. -> yeah yeah... thanks for the fit of laughter! :lmao

Why does it feel like this game shifted from Lambda vs. Bern to Bern vs. Beato/Natsuhi? oO My head...

Oh, Natsuhi confesses and it seems I was (partially) right. Natsuhi was the one responsible for the cliff scene with the baby (and the servant).

Huh... EP5 ended so abruptly? Hmkay... time for the Tea Party and ??? of EP5.

Okay. Nothing noteworthy – at least in my eyes – happened in the Tea Party.

Currently reading ??? of EP5... Battler is dead... but he isn’t... this is driving me crazy... I get that he is the MC and there are still 3 episodes/games left, but having Battler lose and come back again and again is extremely boring to be honest.

Apparently, Battler got the truth now. There is – which was already hinted a couple of times – some doki doki going around between him and Beato. Moreover, the game indicates more and more that there is no magic involved in the games.

Eh, Battler is considered the Game Master/territory lord of this Fragment now. Meh, not a big fan of things changing so fast. And certainly not a big fan of characters doing as they please. The trial was over... but it’s not anymore because of Lambda’s whim. I don’t like such outcomes/events who have no strict line. Everything and anything can happen because... why not?

Battler: “It's possible to show a different truth by using a different interpretation.” -> Sorry Battler, that's not true. There is no different truth. But let’s see where all this is heading.

“In this closed-off world, it’s possible for differing truths to exist at the same time. Furthermore, as long as multiple truths exist, it’s impossible to claim that any of the truths are the single truth.” -> Disagreed. Wrong. Invalid. No further explanation needed.

Battler: “It has not been specified that the time of death was between 24:00 and 1:00. Therefore, it's possible that the crime didn't occur between 24:00 and 1:00.” -> HAH! BATTLER IS FINALLY USING THE TIME! WONDERFUL BATTLER! JUST WUNDERFUL! SUGOI CHAKRA! :zomg

Oh, there is a gold truth now? And it can only be used by the territory lord of that world, only by the Game Master himself. Very convenient indeed. That’s FT-level asspull right there. xD Still, isn’t the gold truth = red truth? What’s the difference? Feels like a red truth which only the Game Master can use.

Not much to say about the battle between Battler and Erika. The usual back and forth (not saying it was bad, Battler was pretty cool) with no winner. Battler prepares the sixth game now.


Summary/Conclusion:
I honestly didn’t like EP5 that much. But I can’t say it was a bad episode anymore. The battles in the end are very entertaining. But EP5 sure is the worst out of all episodes I watched so far. The fact that I don’t understand this Purgatory/Game Master thing and the rules/mechanism behind them certainly plays a role. How did Beatrice become the Game Master in the first place? Why can Lambda just take the role of a Game Master? What is the true objective/goal of the Game Master? It feels the Game Master exists... just because. The same applies to Lambda and Bern.

What I also don’t like is the fact that you can come back after being “defeated” or getting “KOed” every single time. Of course it can (and should) happen, but not in every episode.

What I didn’t understand was the shift of the battle itself. What started as a fight between Lambda and Bern later turned out to be a fight between Bern and another Beatrice/Battler. Why did Lambda “withdraw” from the fight? Didn’t Battler even let Bern fight for him? This is something I’m not really fond of... too much unexplained, illogical and unreasonable changes.

The games itself are a big question mark for me. This is not a negative point by the way. I used to think that all episodes are just parallel worlds in the endless universe where different outcomes happen. The core of the story is the same, but the characters act differently. This is why Bern, for example, always speaks of “fragments”. Compared to the endless universe, every world/epsiode is just a tiny little fragment. But if I consider that these Game Masters kinda create these games, and control the pieces, it makes me ask whether the episodes are really just games and not real? Or maybe every game is a real world which the Game Master creates? But that would imply that the Game Master is some kind of god? Still doesn’t explain how all these characters like Bern, Lambda, Battler, Beatrice and co. ended up there. Whatever, I’ll stop here.

Overall, I didn’t like Battler in this episode. I already told why. He is way too nice to Beatrice. Feels forced and very unrealistic. And he throw pretty dumb lines and explanations, especially in the beginning of this episode. Okay, at the end he kinda “understands the truth about Beatrice”, but that wasn’t the case before.

Even though it was incredible hard to watch/swallow, I liked the focus on Natsuhi in this episode. The unknown guy calling her was thrilling as hell and Natsuhi’s story itself was extremely sad. I think I haven’t felt sorry for anyone that much in this game before. The whole stuff with Kinzo and the baby was mindblowing.

Didn’t like the fact that people used the red truth within the game like Natsuhi or Erika. Not to mention that it was said that humans can’t used. Beato was even surprised that Dlanor used the red truth even though she is neither the owner of Kinzo’s study nor the Game Master. But we have seen a couple of characters use the red truth so far who weren’t both. So, I don’t understand what’s the fuss about.

All this talk about "there are different truths" annoyed the hell out of me. There is only one single truth and everything else is either wrong, or assumed to be true. There is no room for anything else, no room for different truths.

Dlanor <3... Dlanor was the best, absolute best part of this episode. She is the best addition ever. Absolutely love and adore her. Such a great character, a great opponent, such great convos. The saving grace of EP5!

Still don't know what the hell is going on in Rokkenjima. :lmao


Screenshots:

What a lovely start to EP5! xD


Hmh...


I absolutely love this sprite. :lmao


Savage Bern is savage. LOL!


BEST SCENE OF EP5! DLANOOOOOORRRRR <3


Savage Kyrie is savage.


UFOTABLE, PLEASE ANIMATE THIS. THANK YOU!


This is what I call a splendid opponent! Dlanor <3 :zomg


Beautiful... but... let's just enjoy that panel.


Is Bern the piece of Magi?


Dlanor <3 greatness!


DLANOOOORRRR <3 CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE YOU AS MY RINGTONE!!!


Sad, but MAGNIFICENT!


LMAO


Wow, that's super cute. Too bad it didn't last long, haha.


Bern x Lambda confirmed


DIS EXPRESSION xDDDD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Too many complaints there syx-kun, way too much bitching. I think I'm 30-40% with you and 60-70% against you (in terms of what you found good/bad). Lemme just address the most important stuff, the stuff that bugs me the most:

"So, there is still no winner? Why is the 5th game starting before Beato and Battler fought over the 4th game?" ->
Beato gave up and made Battler win, hence the 4th game was over. You could say it ends in a sort of draw though, considering Battler couldn't solve her final question and ended up dead on the Game Board.


"Lambda: “I’ll be the next Game Master. Any objections? You’ve got none, right?” -> OBJECTION!!!!! xD What the hell is a Game Master by the way?" ->

Your imagination is bad dude :p I think the answer to this will become more clear with EP6 though, so no answer from me for now.


"Bernkastel also makes the point that it’s game over since Beate gave up the fight. To which Lambda replies that Beato is just KO’ed for the time being. So, even Beato can come back just like Battler did a couple of times? How is this fight going to end if anyone can make a comeback?" ->

Technically Bern isn't wrong, but Lambda wants this Game to continue no matter what, because otherwise they would divide again and both end up being bored to death again. Considering Battler didn't truly win but only made Beato give up (which wasn't even thanks to his great reasoning or anything) this is fine, but you can say that Lambda forces Beato to stay because of her own selfish reasons, yeah.

It's not a question here but at some point you bring it up multiple times and that really annoyed the hell out of me, because I had already realized it and thought it was obvious, but maybe that's just me being amazing and hella smart x))) YES THE PEOPLE ON THE GAME BOARD AND IN PURGATORY ARE NOT ONE AND THE SAME. The ones on the Game Board are created pieces that move according to the story laid out by the GM, the ones in Purgatory are the real thing. For example, the GM can take direct control of his/her own piece, like what you saw in EP4 when Beato asked Battler all those things about the thing he promised in the past. Basically the GM knows the full story and truth of the specific Game Board, no matter what that may be. But someone who isn't a Game Master can't know the full story or truth, hence why Bern can't possibly know the truth of the Game Board Lambda created. Gosh, all that stuff I'm explaining to you hopefully helps you quite a bit. And it's why a Beato can do her usual shit on that Game Board while the "real" or "higher tier" Beato (however you wanna put it) just sits mindlessly on a chair. I'm sure you have even more questions about this whole system but I think I told you a damn lot already, better leave it at that for now.

"Battler thinks that Bern and Lambda are on another tier than Beato. No idea what this purgatory is, how or why you end up there, how or why you become this Game Master there..." ->
No answer from me about any of this, but yes, until Lambda steps in Beato is the Game Master of this Board. A Game Board is created by a Game Master and isn't exactly a real world but a "Fragment of time and place" the Game Master can create freely. Meaning he can create his/her own story in this specific time and place as long as it is logically sound. None of this is much of a spoiler because it should become clear with EP6 pretty fast. I only explain this to you hear to avoid hearing more annoying questions and bitching, hehe.

"Lambda: “What’s this? Not satisfied? Are you saying you’ll step down from my 5th game? Isn’t that a loss by default?” -> xD double standards 4tw Lambda. When it comes to Battler, it’s a loss by default, when it comes to Beato, the game just continues. *facepalm*

Lambda says that Beato and Battler are just pieces on the board that exist to distract them (Bern x Lambda) from their boredom. Who are these two, what did they do before Beato clashed with Battler?" ->

Yeah it's not fair, but basically they're trying to make Battler fight. This "game" (from their perspective) stopping without a proper conclusion would be boring and lame, thus whatever twisted argument they can use, they will use. The other question I won't answer.

"Natsuhi uses the red truth... I thought people in the game can’t use it?" ->
When does this happen? I can't recall that one at all, you got a screenshot? What exactly did she say in red? Another question of yours I'm reminded of here is the use of red and blue. The Game Master obviously can grant that right to whoever he/she wishes. As was explained, Erika is supposed to be the "Detective" on this 5th Game, so she gets granted the right to use red. Just like how Beato granted Battler to use the blue in one of the earlier eps.
And Beato is surprised that Dlanor was granted this right too, hence her reaction. Virgilia and co using it earlier isn't a surprise to Beato because at that time Beato was still the Game Master and knew who could use red and who couldn't.

"Okay, Battler makes an incredible stupid statement here: „In the first place, the Devil’s Proof argument makes it impossible to deny the existence of witches“ -> agreed. „And, according to the rules of the game, saying something like what you did in red (referring to Bern’s red truth where she states that Natsuhi is drinking tea alone and not with Beato) is a forbidden move that leads to a stalemate“ -> plain bullshit, how does this lead to a stalemate? It’s a win for the anti-witch party in regards to this scene and this scene alone. What kind of bullshit logic is Battler applying here by saying it would lead to a stalemate? „You can’t deny the existence of witches, not even with the red truth“ -> say wuat? :lmao That is exactly the main point of the red truth, namely... stating the truth, lol. Theoretically, it is/should be obviously possible. In practice, it would end the game in a couple of seconds... Seriously, this block of text from Battler might be one of the stupidest lines I read in Umineko. xD" ->
He says it would lead to a stalemate bc that way Bern could just refute every possible "illusion", when she is actually supposed to figure out the truth. Meaning that if you continue that way you could possibly identify/deny all "illusions" but you wouldn't be able to state what really happened. Hence a stalemate. And a forbidden move bc that would make it easy and lame without giving a proper answer.
About the witches thing, his point is that no one can faithfully state that in red because maybe you just haven't seen one? The only thing you could say in red would be something like "I've never seen a witch" or "There is no witch involved here", but denying the existence of witches is impossible for any individual, no matter if that sentence is true or not. God syx, your imagination and interpretation skills still need some work.

"So, this Erika Furudo appeared. I have – repetition incoming in 3...2...1... – no idea what is going on. :lmao She apparently had an accident at sea. Which brings me back to my theory that there might be an island close to Rokkenjima, which people use to go back and forth. Bern says that she placed herself – referring to Erika – as a piece in the game, but I’m not sure how to interpret this. Moving on." ->
No, there is no second island which gets used, there is nothing like that. As for Erika, Bern is basically using another "version" of hers that acts as a proxy of sorts on the actual Game Board. To fully understand this, you would need to know a minor thing about Higurashi no naku koro ni. Because one of the main chars there is Furude Rika and Bernkastel is very clearly related to her in some way (yes, I'm leaving it vague on purpose).

Furude Rika... Furudo Erika, you see the connection, right? So yeah, Furudo Erika is her own person, but takes orders from from Bernkastel because they're the "same" person in a way, but Bernkastel obviously is on a higher level.
And please don't call Purgatory the real world, that's not accurate. Erika can use red truths related to the game wherever she wants. What matters isn't the place, but what it's referring to (everything related to that game board).

"The fight between Dlanor and Beato is kinda boring. Beato keeps spamming stupid far-fetched blue truths which can be countered without being a genius mastermind." ->
Because she is desperate dude and had to create some time to think of something better... but maybe you know and still thought it's boring, which is a fair point.

"Battler recognizes Kinzo, just what the fuck, man..." ->
He thought/interpreted it was Kinzo but obviously he can't be there... but yeah, I agree that the VN is kind of fucking with you here.

"I have a very hard time accepting the red truth saying that Beato has nothing to gain whether the riddle is solved or not. There is always something to gain, one way or another. The red is invalid." ->
It's valid dude.

"Battler again in his „be nice to Beato“ and „this is a fight between Beato and me“ mode. Ugh, quite annoying to be honest. Even healthy rivalry has its limits and I thought we were past that one after the stuff with Ange. I absolutely can’t understand or agree with Battler’s reasoning here. It’s feels so off." ->
What exactly is so off about this? It was a fight between him and Beato, two outsiders who aren't related at all and didn't even take part in any of the games so far take control of the games all of a sudden and continue this for whatever weird reason? How the heck would Battler not be annoyed and pissed by this?

And another character whose name wasn’t stated makes an appearance. Eva „summoned“ her. I don’t understand anything anymore. I guess it’s best to not bother with explanations and just continue reading. T_T ->

Wait, who did Eva "summon"? I can't recall this scene you're talking about, please elaborate.

„Dropping something“ doesn’t necessarily equal to „placing something“. Lambda is not countering Bern’s blue truth here. I thought you HAVE to counter the blue truth with a red one???? Lambda’s red truth should be invalid. The correct counter to Bern’s blue truth should be „[...]not a single person dropped the letter in the corridor.“ Lambda violated the rules here. This actually happened a couple of times before if you are very strict. And I am very strict." ->
Oh boy oh boy... the two words basically mean the same thing and if you want to be really really nitpicky I guess it counts that it's not 100% the same, but you can prolly blame this more on the translation. It's just like you to get hung up on really small details like that.

"Gaap and Ronove say that a human can’t use the red truth, but we already saw Erika and Natsuhi use the red truht. Just what the fuck? oO" ->
This should refer to the fact that they normally can't (about stuff on the Game Board) and can't at all if it's something not related to the Game Board.

"Wow... Erika makes fun of Natsuhi because she can’t use the red truth to state that she loves Krauss. But Erika forgets that she isn’t reading the diary of Natsuhi with the red truth either, lel. Double standard much? Maybe all the things Erika read from the diary are fake?" ->

There isn't even a need for that, it's Natsuhi's diary. If Natsuhi claimed it was fake she could refute it with red, but if she doesn't (and I think she doesn't), that speaks for itself. Even more humiliation that way.

"Why does it feel like this game shifted from Lambda vs. Bern to Bern vs. Beato/Natsuhi? oO My head..." ->
Bern played this game with Lambda for fun, but ofc she doesn't want to game to end for real yet either. Not to mention she is a cruel witch, as if she would allow for a happy ending to happen. Not on her watch :toc

"Currently reading ??? of EP5... Battler is dead... but he isn’t... this is driving me crazy... I get that he is the MC and there are still 3 episodes/games left, but having Battler lose and come back again and again is extremely boring to be honest.

Apparently, Battler got the truth now. There is – which was already hinted a couple of times – some doki doki going around between him and Beato. Moreover, the game indicates more and more that there is no magic involved in the games.

Eh, Battler is considered the Game Master/territory lord of this Fragment now. Meh, not a big fan of things changing so fast. And certainly not a big fan of characters doing as they please. The trial was over... but it’s not anymore because of Lambda’s whim. I don’t like such outcomes/events who have no strict line. Everything and anything can happen because... why not?

Battler: “It's possible to show a different truth by using a different interpretation.” -> Sorry Battler, that's not true. There is no different truth. But let’s see where all this is heading.

“In this closed-off world, it’s possible for differing truths to exist at the same time. Furthermore, as long as multiple truths exist, it’s impossible to claim that any of the truths are the single truth.” -> Disagreed. Wrong. Invalid. No further explanation needed." ->

This whole part really bugged me... I get the thing about losing, but Battler didn't lose in EP1 (didn't even know what was going on at the time) nor did he lose in EP4. Nor did he lose in EP3 because Ange saved him just in the nick of time. He only lost for real in EP2 and now in EP5. I can still see your point, yes, but I never found it boring. The odds always were really really against Battler and the game points that out multiple times. Is the Game overdoing it? Maybe yeah, that's up to your opinion I guess.

And dude, like I said before, Lambda will do whatever she can to make this game continue. It's not arbitrary, it completely makes sense if you consider her motivation. Not anything and everything can happen, it can only happen if it makes sense character-wise. I agree that Lambda and Bern are pretty hax, but otherwise they couldn't really do anything here.

As for a different "truth", of course there is. Again your lack of imagination. What is the truth? For example let's say "This group of 5 people slaughtered 100 guys and had a big grin on their face while doing so. They killed them without mercy or affection, commiting one atrocity after the other." Boy these 5 really look like evil guys here, psychopaths even.
Now let's say say "The 100 guys they killed are an organization that killed their families brutally, hence the five killed the 100 guys for a righteous revenge." Now the 5 look much more human, adding a grey area to this whole event. Are both sentences the truth? Yes. Do both truths alone draw a completely different picture? Yes. Hence there are multiple shades of truth. Ofc there is only one objective truth, but depending what knowledge you have, from what angle you look at it, the truth you perceive can change immensely.

And for the very last part I quoted here, these "truths" are temporary truths, possibly false or maybe incomplete. So obviously you can have multiple truths as long as you don't have one objective truth that depicts everything about it. Think "What?When?Who?Where?Why?"How?", with no explanation or additional information left out, then perhaps you have a single truth no one can deny but can still interpret differently (for example, sympathizing with the murderer or not).

"Oh, there is a gold truth now? And it can only be used by the territory lord of that world, only by the Game Master himself. Very convenient indeed. That’s FT-level asspull right there. xD Still, isn’t the gold truth = red truth? What’s the difference? Feels like a red truth which only the Game Master can use." ->

Please never compare Umineko with Fairy Tail. Please don't. What the Gold Truth is you will understand in time, hopefully. In a sense it's actually weaker than the red truth, yet stronger. Oh boy, at this rate I'm really not sure how much you will actually grasp or if you might end up heavily disappointed by some things. I hope I'm wrong.

"What I didn’t understand was the shift of the battle itself. What started as a fight between Lambda and Bern later turned out to be a fight between Bern and another Beatrice/Battler. Why did Lambda “withdraw” from the fight? Didn’t Battler even let Bern fight for him? This is something I’m not really fond of... too much unexplained, illogical and unreasonable changes." ->
Like I explained, Lambda and Bern continue this game for entertainment, as long as Beato and Battler refuse to continue. Ofc Lambda would hold back once Battler joins, because what she wants is an eternal tie (she even states this clearly and multiple times before this episode IIRC) or a proper, entertaining conclusion. What Bern wants is to finish this game, but to also torture everyone involved as much as possible, because it provides her entertainment and pleasure. Battler let Bern fight because he was a pighead, so Bern and Lambda played along until he would return. There is honestly nothing illogical or unreasonable here, it simply all went over your head it seems. Like you didn't even figure out Lambda or Bern at all, lol.

I think the rest you mention in your conclusion I already answered or commented on, but feel free to tell me if there's anything there you want a comment on or need clarification :p
This took me forever but you managed to trigger me with some things you said, so I had to answer this haha. @Holt You should give all of this a read too, it should help you as well.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Wooahh, I didn't expect such a (great) post. You have indeed a point here and there, in other cases I still simply don't agree with you. But I'm seriously not sure whether it's a good idea to reply to your post in detail or not. :sweatdrop It feels - well you kinda admitted it yourself - that I triggered you for good, which was absolutely not my intention, my friend. If I had known this before, I wouldn't have posted that wall of text at all. Maybe, I'll just keep it short the next time. This would also let me progress faster. Considering some wordings/terms you used, I think it's best to let it be for EP5, and look forward to EP6.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
lol guess you didn't notice that I was joking for the most part? Just trolling along, because you receive what you gave :toc Ofc some stuff "triggered" me, in the way that I felt like I had to answer. No need to take my comments so seriously, like you can see I forgot to include more teasing or passive-aggresive sentences somewhere in the middle of all my comments :p Having to explain your own trolling feels weird lol. Look at my ava, look at my title, of course I would start to troll for a bit :blush
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And feel free to comment on anything you want to comment on, I'm enjoying your walls of comments :nod
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Well it is admirable to see that Niichan can post such a wall of text in no-time and I was quite surprised seeing that post. That was pretty nice to see! However he still keeps a certain post on a huge hiatus. This is truly amazing in all kind of ways. Not talking about my own post by the way, gladly he would never do that to me lol. I just see many things on the forum just saying!










































































































































 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
lol guess you didn't notice that I was joking for the most part? Just trolling along, because you receive what you gave :toc Ofc some stuff "triggered" me, in the way that I felt like I had to answer. No need to take my comments so seriously, like you can see I forgot to include more teasing or passive-aggresive sentences somewhere in the middle of all my comments :p Having to explain your own trolling feels weird lol. Look at my ava, look at my title, of course I would start to troll for a bit :blush
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And feel free to comment on anything you want to comment on, I'm enjoying your walls of comments :nod
Who knows. Maybe you just calmed down? :edu

In any case: I have absolutely no reason to lie, so I admit:



As I always like to say -> If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it. : )

Kudos to you. You learnt from the very best. And I'm not referring to me, since I haven't trolled on MH for a long time. No idea from whom you learnt these things. *gazes at @Purity of Magi as she laughs her ass off*

What I forgot to say is that you also misunderstood some of my thoughts, but that is rather on me since I didn't explain it more in detail (but again, I wasn't expecting such a detailed reply from you after all). :lmao
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
That was a pretty interesting read, though what nii said I already knew, and for syx's bit, I partly agree but partly disagree. But on Battler's revival after EP.5, imo, it might get old, but I didn't particularly find it bad. I didn't fancy the gold truth much though. I mean, it looked cool, but well, I felt it was a tad unnecessary. A bit too many shades of truth colours. I do get the reasoning behind it though, so it didn't bother me so much. What I'm looking forward to is the reasoning behind the games, and also the existence of all these. I know Nii mentioned numerous times to think less of if magic exists but more of if it was used in crimes..but I'm REALLY curious to the explanation for everything.

I'm also rather interested in Battler's game, but I'd say I don't really like the idea of him being a game master. Rather, I'd have preferred if he beat Lambda's game. And regardless of him attaining the truth, I still don't think he should be GM. Imo, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the game? And also, lambda's game could be fundamentally different from Beato's. Well probably not, but this imo, is sort of like the student becoming the examiner because he figured the answer to questions. I'd rather he answer himself and defeat the game rather than becoming the one to control the game board. And i also can't really see how he'd function as a GM. He'd either have a game similar to the previous ones, where his relatives are killed off in gruesome ways one by one (and regardless of whatever truth exists to explain that, it wouldn't sit well with me). Perhaps there's a logical natural course to their deaths, but as GM, he essentially controls this anyway. The other option is that his game is different from the others, but imo, that sort of takes away from the story too. The horror and mystery are part of the best parts tbh. So I'm curious to how it'll be handled.

Lastly, I don't like that he changed from Denying witches completely to being somewhat okay with it. In the course of the games, we've seen pretty much each character acknowledge the witches existence (though that truth could refer to something not supernatural) and he was supposed to be the exception but Battler does seem to somewhat support the supernatural. And even though he might do this to save Beato, it changes the foundation on which these games began in the first place. Also, if he's arrived at the truth as GM, that what's left of the fight against Beato? Though it's kinda obvious that theres a deeper relationship that just a fight about witches existing or not. We even got a big enough hint that there's history there, but it feels like it got concluded without her even getting involved...

Well, this is just my opinion considering I don't know the complete story yet :XD. I'll have to finish to really say for sure .
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
All this talk actually made me check the ending and the tea party of EP8 again lol. It feels so nice to see that again, just too awesome. @Holt @syx you should check that ending now also. You know what just happened in that EP there is ********************************************************************.



:teehee
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
All this talk actually made me check the ending and the tea party of EP8 again lol. It feels so nice to see that again, just too awesome. @Holt@syx you should check that ending now also. You know what just happened in that EP there is ********************************************************************.



:teehee
This feeling...



@Holt, my brother... be careful, and don't let your guard down!!!!!
 
Top