Discussion - NNT versus thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion NNT versus thread

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought iI might create a thread where you could post hypothetical match-ups and we could discuss and debate the outcomes

Ban vs Full-size Diane(Pre-Training)
Chandler vs DM Meliodas (Pre-Purgatory)

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ban beats Diane via physical hunt. If it was enough to damage Galand it’d be enough to hurt her. He could also win against her post training assuming he used it before she used droles dance as she’s 8,000 at base. Which is still nothing to Galand

Chandler should take pre Mel easily. His base is 60K and Mel with the demon mark was only 56K

Mythoclast

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Ban.
Chandler easily..

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ban versus Diane would come down to a battle if attrition. He'd take away her main asset and she has no way to regain it like Mel did. Her best bet would be her Golems to keep screwing with him. If she can keep away until Physical Hunt ends, she'd win. Maybe she'd be able to send him away with Ground Gladius. She has the means. If those fail, she's done.

Post training Diane should destroy Ban. Unlike Galan, Diane has the means to restrain Ban, using those giant fist or using the technique Matrona used.

Post purgatory DM Mel doesn't have a measurement. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it'd put him on Chandler's level.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Ban VS Diane? Well, Diane has Gideon while Ban doesn't have his ST so she wins. Her magic is very destructive and she has attacks with a very wide range. If he had Courechouse though I think he would win with he feats they have, but the fact that Diane spent a lot of time without her memories when opponents became stronger doesn't play in her favor. He has Hunter Fest but I don't see her letting him the occasion to use it. Ban needs time for that

Chandler wins with ease.

Bøjan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
1.Ban
2.Meliodas should be physically stronger than base Chandler, but Chandler has insane magic abilities, but at the same time Meliodas has full counter.... kinda hard to decide, probably Chandler.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since the consensus seems to have been reached for those two fights, let's see if we can get some in depth discussions.

Mel versus King (Before Mel's powered was returned and King got his power up) Mel can use his demon form, but it's uncontrollable and King can use his Sacred Treasure Release, but still has the backlash.

Current King versus Galan

Gloxinia and Dolor versus Derriere and Monspiet

Gowther versus Grayroad

Merlin versus Merascylla

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Since the consensus seems to have been reached for those two fights, let's see if we can get some in depth discussions.

Mel versus King (Before Mel's powered was returned and King got his power up) Mel can use his demon form, but it's uncontrollable and King can use his Sacred Treasure Release, but still has the backlash.

Gowther versus Grayroad

Merlin versus Merascylla
Mel wins more often than not IMO.

King.

Gloxinia and Dolor VS Monspiet and Derrierie: The King duo. Mainly because Derrierie has been pretty underwhelming. The former kings also have better teamwork.

Gowther.

Merlin.

Last edited:

Mythoclast

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Mel vs King-Mel more often than not.

Current King vs Galan-Who ever gets the first hit off wins and King has better range,so he takes it more often than not.

Dolor and Gloxinia vs Monspiet and Derierre-I can see Monspiet wrecking both if he gets to use his Ash dragon.Derierre has the same level of physical strength as Zeldris and we saw how well Dolor performed against him lul.
I'll give to the Star duo more often than not.

Gowther vs Grayroad-Gowther ez.

Merlin vs Merascylla-This is a 50:50

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
In the Ban fight I am not 100% sure. On one hand ban can absolutely steal all the strength diane has at that point. It'd be different if it was current diane where ban stealing 12k strength would still result in a laughably easy defeat for him. Anyways, ban stealing roughly 1870 strength does give him a good edge on diane. So the question is, can he knock out diane within the short time frame he has to do so? Giants are remarkably durable after all and minutes from when ban steals the strength he will be left unable to move as he was after stealing meliodas 970 strength. I would give ban an edge though it ultimately depends on whether diane can survive all the punishment ban can dish out. That is also assuming diane doesn't burry ban or something before he can steal her strength.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Surprised to see people feel that Mel would hold the advantage. I think they'd be more evenly matched.

Mythoclast

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
How would Drefus vs Gray demon Hendrickson go?

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
King would fodderize him I'm sure.

King wins hands down.
That's like asking Gloxinia vs Galan, we already know the answer.

Kings work better together and have an OP healing.
Plus they were able to hold themselves well in a 1v2, unlike the Star Duo who got deleted quite quickly.

Gowther versus Grayroad
Gowther.

Merlin versus Merascylla
Merlin.

MrSchmitty7

Reaction score
Country
United States
Merlin vs Mela goes to Mela imo. Merlin said that had she kept using her magic she could’ve beaten the sins (excluding Mel and Escanor because they were trapped obviously). If she can potentially draw against 5 of them, then she should be able to beat Merlin.

Plus Merlin’s only confirmed win is basically against a separated gray road as of now. Which is just the equivalent of beating several gray demons

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
How would Drefus vs Gray demon Hendrickson go?
Break is extremely powerful and the way it works is rather confusing but Hendrickson would win this. He is much more powerful in this state.

Merlin vs Mela goes to Mela imo. Merlin said that had she kept using her magic she could’ve beaten the sins (excluding Mel and Escanor because they were trapped obviously). If she can potentially draw against 5 of them, then she should be able to beat Merlin.

Plus Merlin’s only confirmed win is basically against a separated gray road as of now. Which is just the equivalent of beating several gray demons
I don't think that's what she meant. If she had kept it she would have had better chances because her Magic is versatile. I don't see how Mera could beat any of them as they are now. Her only chance is via a surprise attack by robbing their souls. And it can't really work on Gowther and Merlin.

MrSchmitty7

Reaction score
Country
United States
Break is extremely powerful and the way it works is rather confusing but Hendrickson would win this. He is much more powerful in this state.

I don't think that's what she meant. If she had kept it she would have had better chances because her Magic is versatile. I don't see how Mera could beat any of them as they are now. Her only chance is via a surprise attack by robbing their souls. And it can't really work on Gowther and Merlin.
I believe Merlin said the battle could’ve gone either way, which to me at least means that had she kept her magic she could’ve won or lost. But I haven’t seen the image in a while so I don’t know exactly what Merlin said off the top of my head

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Break is dependent on Dreyfus' willpower is what I gathered. I think a fully willful Dreyfus will stomp with Grey Demon Hendy due to that fact alone. Hell, Fraudrin , by his own admission, had to use his magic to seemingly prevent himself from being severely injured despite having 10x Dreyfus' power level.

I believe Merlin said the battle could’ve gone either way, which to me at least means that had she kept her magic she could’ve won or lost. But I haven’t seen the image in a while so I don’t know exactly what Merlin said off the top of my head
Indeed. Merlin implied that Merascylla could have still held the advantage if she hadn't gone full snake.

Which makes sense seeing as how the Sins were barely getting by when she was still in the shadows and fighting like she had some damn sense.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't really believe in these words this much. And with a her Magic she might have been able to escape. From their feats I don't see her winning, especially against Merlin who has Absolute Cancel and Teleportation. The Sins proved their superiority when she was in her snake form, it's true that Hell Gate is versatile but still. I don't see her overpowering any of the Sins(besides Ban) as they are now. Making them fight each others again would have been her best chance to beat them IMO. King almost died because of this.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
From what Merlin implied, the snake form wasn't her using her true magic power, which we know is true since her actual magic is Hell Gate and the majority of her useful spells deal with necromancy and soul manipulation. Her abilities do focus more on trickery and whatnot, but that's where her strength lies. It wasn't 100% guaranteed she'd win, but the fight wouldn't have been as clear cut as it was had she continued to use the strategy she began with or continued to use her normal magic.

Merlin's Absolute Cancel, we don't know if it would work on Gloom Cocoon seeing as how that technique is formed from the PoD. We also don't know how Teleporation would fair against it either as it was never really stated if it's simply a weird little ball where she could project illusions or whatever or a pocket dimension.

Merlin's clear advantage would be her knowledge and her offensive capabilities. It's also possible she would have a bit of resistance to the soul manipulation seeing as how we've seen her exercise some control over her own soul. Whether or not she can overpower Merascylla in that department is another story though.

lindananahayashida

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
tarmiel vs sariel :p