Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 396 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If only someone translated Lycopene... I would love to read this since comedy is one of my favorite genres in manga/anime

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Looks like Act Age is definitely next in getting axed & Soma's end may be on horizon depending on how the mangaka handles certain events with this saga ending.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
and Vol. 3

Gintama wasn't there, was it?

I mean, official volume 3 webpage has confirmed for now rooms for One Piece, Hero Academia, and Gintama. So there might still be a chance for Toriko.

EDIT: Jaimini has released Jujutsu chapters 4-7

Last edited:

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Man I hope Jujutsu doesn't get axed. I'm liking this a lot.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
no way would it get axed. Its refreshing and unique among wsj titles. It's written so good.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd say it appears to be safer than Ziga and probably on basically equal grounds as Noah's Notes. Act-Age seems like it's probably in a pinch, Lycopene could literally be ending next week, and it's too early to call the shogi and slime series' fates. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Jujutsu, but speaking objectively, it looks like it's not doom-and-gloom for this yet.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Jujutsu actually isn't that bad. Its personally going a little too fast with how the MC is able to fight on an approx. even level with basic curses already and the art can be a little hard to understand but it has my attention much more than anything else that came out recently. I prefer this over the other two that came out with Jump rising. Its also better than Bozebeats, both story wise and art wise though I do feel that exorcist fatigue having read so many of them in SQ.

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
It ain't half bad, I can see it becoming good later on like Kimetsu no Yaiba, but it needs to survive first

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
caught up to NN (5) and Jujutsu (7)

They are still really bad and un-enjoyable.

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
After reading the released Jujutsu chapters, it still hasn't really done anything impressive. It actually has a strong Yaiba-vibe, which is probably my favourite thing, but the characters are quite poorly written and it hasn't been using its time very effectively in establishing the world and everything so far, which is a shame because the current events are actually quite 'cool'. It just a struggle to care about any of it when the set up wasn't really there.

On another note, I'm about halfway through Psyren currently, and the Bleach vibes are massive, the art style certainly doesn't help either. I've really quite enjoyed it so far, and it's hit all the right notes. I especially like the present and future thing it has going and how intertwined, but separate they are, and the shifting always keeps things fresh. The way he's set up rules for the world and the Psi powers is pretty well done too, and the premise feels unique despite not actually being so. The cast is pretty nice too, though no one's quite developed to the extent they probably should be. It's also made me realise Iwashiro is in his 40s and this is the most successful series he's done... Kinda sad to think about, though I'm sure it happens a lot in the industry.

Bluenotebook

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why is it that almost every time someone says they like a series someone else reponds with, "So far I've been really unimpressed with ..."

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why is it that almost every time someone says they like a series someone else reponds with, "So far I've been really unimpressed with ..."
because we're not like minded Automatons.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Seems interesting. I'll give it a chance

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Can't wait to read it tomorrow