Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
So in your opinions, when does Kimetsu starts blowing up? I read about 20 chapters a while back and it's average imo lol
About chapter 25-30 I'd say. When you see one blond guy who is afraid and one guy with a pig head, then when the manga starts blowing up, and it truly becomes one of best Jump titles.

PD: No info about what will be cover of next number?
 

Haru Hana

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2018
Messages
45
Reaction score
26
Age
33
Country
The Wall
So in your opinions, when does Kimetsu starts blowing up? I read about 20 chapters a while back and it's average imo lol
20 chapters then you are at the start of the Drum House arc. Read it a little more, around chapter 25/30 and from there to chapter 44 is Natagumo Mountain arc/Spider Family arc which is widely considered as the turning point of the series and as I know a lot of people start reading the manga after that arc (you are in the middle of volume 3 and the manga sales increases A LOT after this volume). So please yes, give it another chance. But don't expect a thrill plot or massive world-building like TPN or MHA. The strength of this manga lies on its characters, especially the MC Tanjirou.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
HELL YES.

Hero Academia is surprisingly one of Jump titles with less covers. What would be the reason for it getting the cover? 4th anniversary was in August, wasn't it?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^Movie promotion
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Not that I don't like it but isn't MHA already have cover 3 month ago?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh yeah forgot about this
Still, it has way less Jump covers than Haikyuu or Black Clover. Hero Academia deserves some covers.

---------
Taijirou is my favorite Shonen Jump MC. He's so kind and sweet, and has a very good personality. Zenitsu and Inosuke are very funny companions, and Nezuko is so cute.

 
Last edited:

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
If Kimetsu gets better around chapter 25 then I'm worried about the anime. Most of Jump's recent adaptations have been paced really slowly. MHA season 1 adapted 18-20 chapters in 12 episode. Black Clover took 18 episodes to adapt 20 chapters.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Hopefully the MHA cover comes with a lead color of the top 10 heroes.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If Kimetsu gets better around chapter 25 then I'm worried about the anime. Most of Jump's recent adaptations have been paced really slowly. MHA season 1 adapted 18-20 chapters in 12 episode. Black Clover took 18 episodes to adapt 20 chapters.
 

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
Soma and Haikyuu are the exception if that's what you're thinking about. I had battleshonen from Jump in my mind.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'd say, right now in Shonen Jump, Kimetsu no Yaiba is the most similar title to HunterxHunter.

Also, wondering if anime will reach the Train Arc.

Aniki, I want to see you soon
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm so keen to get my hands on the TPN anime. Not surprised it got an adaptation though. It's been the most popular new manga in japan since 2016 anyway. It was always a question of when, not if.

KnY also sounds like it's worth picking up. I'll look into it when I have time.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I know I said I would probably go to sleep and wake up to the news but y'all mind if I


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So little fanfare around kimetsu's anime.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
So little fanfare around kimetsu's anime.
Well, for good or bad, Kimetsu is one of less known Jump titles. Also, Viz doesn't help: Kimetsu is the only veteran together with Hinomaru (the other forgotten title), Gintama, and Haikyuu which isn't in Viz roster.

Still in Japan, is very popular. Even more than Neverland if I've read well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top