Voting Round 2 Belldandy vs. Bishamonten

Who wins?

  • Belldandy

    Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Bishamonten

    Votes: 23 51.1%

  • Total voters
    45
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Nah, Belldandy isn't the manipulative type, that would be her older sister, Urd.




But Oh My Goddess isn't even a battle shounen. It's a romantic comedy and has lot of slice of life, if you don't like slice of life, don't read it, but do't call dragged :gwah
Slice of life is one of my favourite genres. One of my top manga is Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou so I really enjoy slice of life. This however went on too long, which messed with me even more once that bombshell was dropped.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Okay, time to campaign!

Introduction

She is a First Class Goddess (Type 2) that works for Heaven, granting wishes for humans.
They only grants wishes for good humans and that's were the protagonist, Keeichi comes.


Keeichi is a 22 old student that studies in Nekomi's Technology Insttute, he was born under an unlucky star and due to bad luck falling upon his daily life, he was granted a single wish that he used to: "I wish for a goddess like you to stay by my side forever" and that's how Belldandy's life at athe human world starts.

Personality and Prowess
Belldandy is depicted as a caring, calmand kind goddess that tries to help those around here. (like Vina help her shinki :blush), the more she meets Keeichi friends, colleagues and other people around them, she helps, including her sisters who eventually come to live with her.



Despite having a kind nature, Belldandy have showed signs of jealously at times when other girls looked like they were in love with Keiichi. Also, she has great powers and will fight if necessary to defend her family.

Although something more implicit, Belldandy also seems to have some sort or natural luck aura such as those around her have luck (as showing in epi 2-3 when Keiichi plays mahjong and wins every time).

As for her personality, the goddess was initially more naive and unknowing of human world, she was marvelled to learn new things about that world as well as helping people who met her along the way.

Relationship with Keeichi



At the start, Belldandy only was in human world because Heaven's rules only alllowed her to stay close to Keiichi, but as time goes, she gradually develops feelings for him (as he does). Although the story is a romantic comedy with more slice of life than battles, it also talks about the "everyday" battles like those of Keiichi who needs to work, deal with unluck and still has troubles with demons since his Goddess started living with him. Belldandy as a companion helps Keiichi during those days they live together and affects positively his life.
​
@Lady pompom, what do you have to say in your defense? This has to be one of the top 5 most shocking posts I ever read on MH. :nah
You all killed my mentor Battou mercilessly :emocat I was a 3rd party, not a townie or mafia.


Adios!

​
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
@Lady pompom, what do you have to say in your defense? This has to be one of the top 5 most shocking posts I ever read on MH. :nah
Huh? What are you talking about? That's one of the best posts of hers that I have ever read on MH! Truly a wonderful miko you are @Lady pompom

 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Wow, not even an apology...
Mafia Game has changed her... :nah
:nah I was just joking, no way I'd betray my mentor and cheer for townies or mafia.

<_> you're imagining things about MG, Hibari-kun!



:hehBut keep imagining and my memory may suddenly remember a few quotes in that Umineko MG in which you cutely trashed people when you were Beato...
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Lady pompom, what do you have to say in your defense? This has to be one of the top 5 most shocking posts I ever read on MH. :nah
Lies! Lies and pictures of also lies! Asia-chan would never turn evil. You know how I know? Because she's a manhwa section mod. Manhwa section mods are good people.

(Wait? What section did syx mod again?:grumble)
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
:hehBut keep imagining and my memory may suddenly remember a few quotes in that Umineko MG in which you cutely trashed people when you were Beato...
But...

...what are you going to prove or disprove with those quotes of mine? I'm not wearing the most friendly batch after all. :teach
Manhwa section mods are good people.

(Wait? What section did syx mod again?:grumble)
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
But...

...what are you going to prove or disprove with those quotes of mine? I'm not wearing the most friendly batch after all. :teach

:pout you're right, it disproves nothing... But it proves you're not one of my favorite senpais anymore... :emocat

Now I'll think twice before voting for Erza.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
:pout you're right, it disproves nothing... But it proves you're not one of my favorite senpais anymore... :emocat

Now I'll think twice before voting for Erza.
I haven't said anything bad though. Just implied that being friendly isn't expected of me while it's a different matter for you. :3 Carrying that badge is not only proof of who/what you are, it also leads to your posts getting much more focus by the community. I could never hope to reach your level of kindness regardless of how hard I try. You made whole MH forget about ProGoddess.



Everyone is entitled to freely choose whom to vote for. If you think Mikasa is the better waifu, then you should obviously vote for Mikasa! I just hope you don't vote against Erza because of me, since I'm not the person who nominated her. : )

I never deserved to be anyone's favorite senpai anyway. There are shit ton of better ones out there on MH. No one should consider to follow my example.



No, I'm not hurt.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyone is entitled to freely choose whom to vote for. If you think Mikasa is the better waifu, then you should obviously vote for Mikasa! I just hope you don't vote against Erza because of me, since I'm not the person who nominated her. : )
Allow me to respectfully disagree.:arf

I never deserved to be anyone's favorite senpai anyway. There are shit ton of better ones out there on MH. No one should consider to follow my example.
What is this maudlin bullshit?! Every moment spent on whatever this is, is a moment not spent one what's really important. Displaying gorgeous fanart of two hot goddesses.

Look upon them and let your heart be healed.





Then have it broken again when you remember you can only vote for one.:emocat
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Maybe if we vote randomly it would tie and they both advance? :s
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Maybe if we vote randomly it would tie and they both advance? :s
Think the mods already got it covered with what happens if there is a tie in order to choose the one who will move on.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Only one advances, in case of tie we roll a dice and faith chooses '-'
But they are goddesses. Wouldn't that result in another tie? :s
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I simply can't support belldandy. I have scoured the internet looking for at least trace amounts of personality and yet nothing. How is that even possible!?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top