The Last Person to Post Wins - Pixie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I just checked via google translate, and it’s translatef the same whether it‘s lhe or te :hmm I do understand your explanation, doesn‘t seem too complicated. Here it‘s because of giving a table „to you“ correct? Though there‘s probably more grammatical rules to it than just that.
Yeah xD A good way to differ if you'll use "lhe" or "te" is to check if the rest of the sentence needs a complement. If it does, then it's "lhe". Both is supposed to replace the pronoun "you", depending on how you build the sentence, but "lhe" is as if you're saying a preposition + "you", while "te" is just "you".
Wie and als are the correspondent pronouns in german?
Looks like spanish with the pronoun use depending on context. I take "Ihe" would be like "Yo" as agent of an action while "Te" directly implies it, like a form of reduction.
Still its difficult to explain grammar like that.
I got Hardy's mom annoyed once cause I couldn't use "su" and "tu" xD Kept using it wrong until she kinda snapped.
But then again, Kk said that argies have their own way to speak spanish '-' So idk if what she said is actually a rule.
Grammar can be a bitch anywhere, I guess @.@
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ah I thought it was gonna be Pocong :lmao
I rly almost named it Piru but I think I'd trigger Bia too much whenever she'd see the thread and I'd be the only one giggling at the title '-'"
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah xD A good way to differ if you'll use "lhe" or "te" is to check if the rest of the sentence needs a complement. If it does, then it's "lhe". Both is supposed to replace the pronoun "you", depending on how you build the sentence, but "lhe" is as if you're saying a preposition + "you", while "te" is just "you".
Wie and als are the correspondent pronouns in german?
Ah. Suddenly learning Portuguese o.o

No they‘re a different thing, but the first that came to mind when I thought about misused words that irritate me. „Wie“ has many different meanings, but in „X wie Y“ sentences it‘s saying that X and Y are the same/equal, while if you want to make a comparation and say X is better/worse than Y you use „als“. But people use „wie“ for both, which makes no sense and is grammatically as incorrect as you can be. Which is very annoying whenever you hear it said like that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I rly almost named it Piru but I think I'd trigger Bia too much whenever she'd see the thread and I'd be the only one giggling at the title '-'"
Why, what‘s the story there? :XD
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
@Xadyu you learning Swedish? Want me to talk to you only in Swedish from now on?
"Learning" might be too much of a stretch. But when I see you or @blai posting/liking Swedish stuff on Facebook I tend to dive into it. Reading that, but so much more, following the links and stuff.

I'm actually learning Spanish, and when I'm done with that I want to pursue Swedish. Two at ones might be a bit to much.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,695
Gender
Female
Country
China
Weirdos :nah
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah, I do that a lot too.

German and Dutch aren't that different in the end. But some words that mean the same thing need to be used differently, which is really annoying.
I do that in Dutch too, we have plenty of those words, the fact that I talk Dutch/German/English and some dialects daily doesn't really help either.
Ach so

German is easy, speak Dutch and add a chromosome keke

Just gonna do my hw and thesis, and going over some mafia sites and this forum as well.

There's one I signed up where the setup is very different, but sounds great for newbies.
Thesis?? You’re in uni and completing a degree?

Ah I thought it was gonna be Pocong :lmao

@Copy Panda btw what does TS stand for?
Tfw you change the name and you get the question now

Hmm... It was The Spicy :3

@Xadyu you learning Swedish? Want me to talk to you only in Swedish from now on?
Swedish and Dutch are a little close to one another no? I know this Swedsko who can more or less gather what Im getting at when I speak in Dutch. Words and meanings and stuff aren't super far off
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Swedish and Dutch are a little close to one another no? I know this Swedsko who can more or less gather what Im getting at when I speak in Dutch. Words and meanings and stuff aren't super far off
Yeah, me and Tom can usually understand a lot of the other's links or updates on FB etc. Much of it is similar, but some parts are just totally unintelligible. But yeah; German, Dutch and the Scandi languages (minus Finnish) are really quite similar. At least in text. I hardly understand anything when I actually hear someone speaking Dutch...
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
The sparring panther #NeverForget
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Hope you are doing good Elu. :hug
Doing a thesis solo is so easy :awe

Said no one ever
:emocat

As for the mafia game, it's not like I'm actually playing, but moreso, I train a player in playing the game. Like a Mentor-Mentee scenario.
Thesis?? You’re in uni and completing a degree?
Is thesis not a thing in highschool at the west?

Because it is necessary for HS students to do it here :teach
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,695
Gender
Female
Country
China
(@Elusia) Hahaha ahh I see...

Yeah we have it to, got PhD in tying shoelaces
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah, me and Tom can usually understand a lot of the other's links or updates on FB etc. Much of it is similar, but some parts are just totally unintelligible. But yeah; German, Dutch and the Scandi languages (minus Finnish) are really quite similar. At least in text. I hardly understand anything when I actually hear someone speaking Dutch...
Hey, add me on FB too! Just go to Tom's friends and find the cute guy with a beard :3

And yeah, in text it's a little doable. The accents on letters in your language though...

The sparring panther #NeverForget
omo.. I suppose I call you're my gryval for a reason ka
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
omo.. I suppose I call you're my gryval for a reason ka
Ofc. You were such a cute Kougyoku-boss.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Elusia I think you two have a different definition of what a thesis is :XD
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Hey, add me on FB too! Just go to Tom's friends and find the cute guy with a beard :3

And yeah, in text it's a little doable. The accents on letters in your language though...
But I'm already friends with myself. :derp
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
@Elusia I think you two have a different definition of what a thesis is :XD
Thesis. Researching a topic and making it into a long research paper.

Is it different on each level? :?bunny
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,695
Gender
Female
Country
China
But I'm already friends with myself. :derp
I already thought I might have left you with a little much room for something silly haha. Fine, fine, find your exotic counterpart in his list then~
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,695
Gender
Female
Country
China
btw @Organizized I don't post a lot on FB because of some privacy issues earlier, but I’ll use it to keep track of you heh

Thesis. Researching a topic and making it into a long research paper.

Is it different on each level? :?bunny
Thesis is the university level variant of what you do. The HS level one being called thesis too is a little misleading, I guess
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Thesis is the university level variant of what you do. The HS level one being called thesis too is a little misleading, I guess
But my school is a university...

That just so happens to have a highschool department....

:worrybunny
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
aish let bygones be bygones :hmph
Is daijobu panda. Everyone starts extra cute.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thesis. Researching a topic and making it into a long research paper.

Is it different on each level? :?bunny
Different level of seriousness and scope of what you have to do afaik.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top