Anime League Anime League - Summer 2018

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,660
Reaction score
31,921
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Not gonna lie,
Hanebado! (You saw the first episode animation right???)
Hataraku Saibou (Watching anime while learning some metabolism, i hope the term used in that anime is correct because i might write them down on my test)
as an ex-molecular biologist, I'd say they are correct :verily
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,842
Reaction score
23,506
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll vote for

Overlord (Momonga. Master Negotiator and possible lolicon.:XD)
Isekai Maou (Diablo fears nothing. Except normal social interactions.)
Hataraku Saibou
(I'm honestly not sure why this is so entertaining but it is.)
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
1 Free!
2 Grand BLue Dreaming
3 Puzzles & Dragons
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Shingeki no kyojin

too bad they censored whee the nail and teeth were ripped off

Steins Gate 0 Best episode till now
My last nomination

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo noDorei Majutsu

Honourable mention

Tenrou Sirius the Yaeger
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
I always love seeing the face of Diablo in certain situation and the reactions has he, and then love the scenes when he talks to people like a demon lord would when he's actually scared or doesn't know what to do in those situations but does it anything accidentally.

An imperial knight now joins the party, she should be useful considering her rank and the way the others were talking about her.

No surprise it didn't take long for some adventurers to try and get the bounty for Shera, luckily for them Diablo is actually a nice guy and bought that weak weapon so he wouldn't kill anyone.

I think what Email is going to do is worse than going to jail lol, all of a sudden I think I feel sorry for those adventurers.

Off to the forest of elves then, if they want a fight Diablo will be happy to give them one.

Hataraku Saibou
I get allergies all the time which means that meteorites must be flying all over the place inside my body.

Don't just stand there run lol, that's what you should do when something like that is coming after you.

I think I was just as surprised as the other when White blood cell took a bit out of that allergen but I see it's a normal thing that helps.

That was quite the nozzle change lol, it's a tidal wave.

So a good steroid summons a robot and wipes everything out in order to make things right again, I'd hate to what a performance enhancing one does then.

Grand Blue

I nearly died when seeing Iori's face when he was throwing those bouncy balls at Chisa.

I nearly died again when they tricked the captain, that was so funny.

Looks like Chisa managed to get a bit of revenge on Iori at the end there, all the boys hate him now.


Honorable Mentions

Overlord III
I love how Ainz is able to make things up all the time and is able to convince everyone he is brilliant.

Nice to see Ainz in action even if it's against lower beings like that, hopefully that Naga will prove to be useful like Hamsuke.

Could be another massacre next time when they protect that village.

Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
I thought Rune did a good job fighting with a Katana against that massive weapon Steinthor had, and then Scarfior really showed some good moves and even damaged him, his deflecting skills were really good.

Wow he hulked up big time and became a powerful monster, but not even he can stop a tidal wave, well he did manage to survive though so we might see another war between the 2 clans at some point.

Once again the tactics from the future were the difference and it's another win for our hero's clan.

Zoids Wild
I was glad when wild Liger sent Arashi flying, he was getting very annoying with all that team name stuff, I would have done the same thing and also would have done that thrashing in the scene afterwards.

I too would accept food from the enemy if I was that desperate, then I would have told them that the Liger was in some different direction to the one I would have been travelling to get them far away from me and I could make a quick get away.

Death blast, the moment Drake tried to insert the key and the powered up happened I had a feeling that it was forced unlike a wild blast, even Arashi sensed that Gilraptor was suffering because of it.

I wasn't expecting Arashi to win I thought he might escape somehow but that was quite the unusual ending to the fight.

Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
That is some dedication Karen has chasing after Hikari like that and spending a bit just to enter each aquarium and train, but I definitely agree with the other girls in the opening part, too loud & noise for the morning.

I really like the rivalry that Claudine & Maya have, they want to be the top star but they respect each other, it's not some bitter feud where they despise and hate each other and do undermining things to get the upper hand.

They also light it up when they perform together, it would be cool if they actually decide to join forces and perform together as an act at the end of this series.

Wow mad props to all the girls for acting like that to protect Karen & Hikari, too bad their cover got blown when they returned but it was nice to see all the girls cooperate like that for their sake.

Satsuriku no Tenshi
Well yes that's definitely 1 way of getting up there, throwing Rachel.

Really good thinking there by Rachel using the combustible elements in the poison gas to make a huge explosion like that for them to escape.

Wow that is a psychological as it gets, I wonder how Cathy knows about Zacks past to make a doll house that acts like a part of his past, no wonder he is messed up after seeing those flashbacks.

Yeah I had a feeling Zack would inject both into him, he is such a crazy badass that won't die.

Speaking of dying, looks like Cathy gets to live another episode but I think next time it's game over her her, Zack will get her eventually.

Island
Her chest was huge, my thoughts exactly considering she is almost 17 already.

Box Jellyfish here in Australia can kill you in 2 minutes.

I was very surprised to see Rinne's mother out all of a sudden, interesting black rabbit outfit she is wearing, though what was more interesting was the type of massage she and Setsuna both got.

I do the song All You Zombie because I am a big fan of the 80's, it's my favourite era of music.

Jeez this got really dark all of a sudden, mass murder of babies and then the family all committed suicide, but at least we learned the truth about Sara and she can hopefully live a normal life now.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,559
Country
Dragonstone
Banana Fish
Satsuriku no Tenshi
Grand Blue :lmao
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Isekai Maou
Boku no Hero Academia (Filler, but thicc filler)
Gintama
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,660
Reaction score
31,921
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Hataraku Saibou
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Banana Fish
Isekai Maou...
Boku no Hero Academia
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This Weeks Picks!

Overlord -ep04- Momonga has been having fun today.
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu -ep05- Nice catch Diablo! :XD
Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season -ep55- It may be filler, but still pretty good.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hataraku Saibou
Asobi Asobase
Grand Blue
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,369
Gender
Male
Country
France
Gintama.
Grand Blue.
High-Score Girl(Hidden gem of the season to me, hidden under a pile of CG.).

It's becoming really hard to choose. Loved Planet With, SnK and Captain Tsubasa too, especially the former. Pleasantly surprised by Grand Blue's episode this week.

I will have to catch up with S;G quickly. I am five episodes behind.
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
My last nomination

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo noDorei Majutsu

Honourable mention

Tenrou Sirius the Yaeger
Too bad goona change Isekai to

Grand Blue
SNK (Demon i nominated even before niichan)
Steins gate 0
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
my hero academia
yuuna
grand blue


definitely the worst and most boring season compared to winter/spring, for me there's nothing really moving to watch.
-How not to be a demon lord is.... pretty weeby and shameless :derp. I only like short one
-Planet With idk if I'll like it from the summary
-nothing else I know of

unrelated but I watched To Be Heroine, chinese anime are hard as shit to watch but I thought it was cool
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Here we go again:


Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
►​
1​
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
34​
►​
2​
Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season
25​
▲2​
3​
Hataraku Saibou
16​
▼1​
4​
Banana Fish
14​
▼1​
4​
Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2
14​
▲1​
4​
Overlord III
14​
▲1​
7​
Grand Blue
12​
▼1​
8​
Hanebado
8​
▼1​
9​
Asobi Asobase
6​
►​
10​
Happy Sugar Life
4​
►​
10​
Planet With
4​
►​
12​
Captain Tsubasa 2018
3​
▲2​
12​
Free!: Dive to the Future
3​
►​
12​
Island
3​
▲2​
12​
Satsuriku no Tenshi
3​
▲1​
16​
High Score Girl
2​
▼2​
16​
Shichisei no Subaru
2​
►​
16​
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3
2​
▲1​
16​
Steins;Gate 0
2​
▲1​
16​
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
2​
▼4​
21​
Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki
1​
▼4​
21​
Black Clover
1​
▼4​
21​
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro
1​
▼4​
21​
Harukana Receive
1​
►​
21​
Puzzle & Dragon
1​
▼4​
21​
Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
1​
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
my hero academia
yuuna
grand blue


definitely the worst and most boring season compared to winter/spring, for me there's nothing really moving to watch.
-How not to be a demon lord is.... pretty weeby and shameless :derp. I only like short one
-Planet With idk if I'll like it from the summary
-nothing else I know of

unrelated but I watched To Be Heroine, chinese anime are hard as shit to watch but I thought it was cool
Watch Attack on Titan, definitely the best shounen currently running in my opinion,and the second highest manga sells yearly.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its hard to find room to vote for Planet With as its so good, its like always 4 for me every week but I could easily argue its definitely in the top 3.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,842
Reaction score
23,506
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll vote for..

Asobi Asobase
(That sex ed part...:XD)
Overlord
(Grandpa Momonga is too good.)
Isekai Maou
(Are all elves perverts in this world? I'm starting to feel like they might be.)
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BLack Clover
My Hero Academia
Planet With
 
Last edited:
Top