Games Mafia Game 66 - Hunter x Hunter: End game

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
Here, son:

It was after Greg and James said they had 1 name and Hardy said he wasnt a traitor.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok but we got 1 name only. If it was that easy for people to be recruited, what would happen if a different máfia would target us, the ones with 1 name? Dunno if the hosts would change the rules like that... That we could be recruited by anyone in spite of the single name we have. Traitors aren't Sleepers.
Thanks
@Hardy I think it's quite telling how you instantly jumped me :lmao I wasn't in any rush to suspect you as you could've still been town, but this changes my mind a little.



You see, this is a bit of a depressing situation. Not sure if you were there in the dead pad when I talked with others about Traitor reveals, but a Traitor revealing his list, if it's a legit list, was what I called game ruining. And now I'm in that situation myself here.

Some infos I will share: Unlike James(and maybe Kato?) I don't have one name, but three. I still don't know whether my list is legit or not, but both could be possible considering the role I have. If I'm a real Traitor then it's an interesting combo, if I'm naive then it's a massive troll from the hosts. I tried not to let myself be affected too much by it on Day 1, but I did try calling out a bit to two out of my list, while largely ignoring the third. Meanwhile playing the role I have until one of them dies and I know if I'm legit.

So not sure about revealing anything... Revealing them could be a very shitty thing to do. It's possible I also lack names and it isn't a full team, but if it is the full team then I've ruined their game with this, they'll get lynched in the next days or nightkilled while giving a huge advantage to the other team.

Continuing backreading..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Found this weird too, not just because of my list but because it's not really covered by the rules. So I think panda is disregarding rules, again..
My thoughts on your claims:
  • You said that after James and probably Kato revealed they only had one name so lying about receiving 3 would be a bit risky.
  • Have there be a mafia that starts with 3 members in a game with THIS many traitors seems unlikely. Then again, I'm not sure "balance" was a big concern this game...
  • What's more suspect is the fact that you only revealed one name AND the fact that you revealed any at all. You could have easily refused to and nobody would have questioned it much. It's an act of self-preservation and you even pointed out yourself that doing so would be "game-breaking." Still, you felt the need to one of three names.
So, it's hard for me to really trust that claim... At the moment, it seems more like you're lying about something in order to sell the idea that you're a native traitor which, again, would be understandable, but it still hurts your credibility. Coming clean may improve it though
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Sweet Christmas the setup of this game seems appropriate to expectations when you think of the hosts.

Sorry for jumping only late into the game but I was at work until now.

I agree with those above me. A janitor not being used in Night0 would be nonsense. It was most likely a recruitment which leaves us with either 2 killing parties and an unlucky insane doc or 3 killing parties. Now I think we already got hints for one doc/guardian role but there must be others as well.
 

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
Sweet Christmas the setup of this game seems appropriate to expectations when you think of the hosts.

Sorry for jumping only late into the game but I was at work until now.

I agree with those above me. A janitor not being used in Night0 would be nonsense. It was most likely a recruitment which leaves us with either 2 killing parties and an unlucky insane doc or 3 killing parties. Now I think we already got hints for one doc/guardian role but there must be others as well.
Who hinted doc?
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Janitor being used is more likely yes but I am not 100% sure it happened. I will assume it was the case for now.

What do you think of the fact that the two N1 deaths were not veterans(It is not their first games but I would not really call Asako or Jinx veterans). It's easy to think of a reason why Jinx got killed because of her performance in the last game but I am curious about Asako. Cause of death? TP(which one?)? Redirection? Insane Doc?

Tonight, two other people died, not three. So if there are three killing parties, maybe someone else got recruited?

Personally, I don't think I would kill veterans early like that. But if that's what my team wants...
Popular either gets you persecuted for instance you always mafia meme
Or it gets you alot of leeway....
Im a person when mafia....i like low key kills.
You know why....because of this fucking scenario...."why they kill etc?":lmao

It may have been grudge kills....but with 1 day and two nites....
I think you rolling the dice no matterwho you would target....xD
But i stand by my...."if i was host....gry gets shit role everytime" rule especially if he's townie.
But if i roll and he ends up a boss...now thats one i want to see:XD
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
Sweet Christmas the setup of this game seems appropriate to expectations when you think of the hosts.

Sorry for jumping only late into the game but I was at work until now.

I agree with those above me. A janitor not being used in Night0 would be nonsense. It was most likely a recruitment which leaves us with either 2 killing parties and an unlucky insane doc or 3 killing parties. Now I think we already got hints for one doc/guardian role but there must be others as well.
Doc? Who?
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Who hinted doc?
I'll need to get home and look at the notes. At least I perceived it as a statement from someone with a protective role.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Damn hectic day at school, just done back reading..
Tbf to Panda, I would never put it past him to go full troll. xD
Well, we gotta wait for others to come out with their traitor claims or no traitor claims. In a way it is easy to guess who is naive and who isn't since we already got 4 dead townies, crescent being one of them who gnut said was his traitor contact as 2nd innocent child.
What I am curious about is who is the 2nd det and what results he got so far but I feel like said det gonna stay low. Or might have been the janitor kill last night for all we know.
Being naive traitor doesn't automatically mean the names on your lists must be non-mafia since the names are random...and people coming out (assuming the real traitor is among them) need only to lie about their accomplice to pass off. Although I know this point was made at an earlier point
I do agree with this. We should discuss the situation of other people before we end up lynching you.
cheeky :lmao
Will go to the cinema now, I'll be back in a few hours. If it gets necessary I will reveal my role. It's not a good role to be in the open, but my odds to survive the night aren't looking great anyway.
Gry lay it all out in the open for us. Atm, there's is no better lynch than you. You mentioned potentially stalling your death (since it's supposedly low priority) in favor of killing a mafia. That's all well and good but there's none standing out atm. Also, there's quite too much stacked against you. First there's the fact that only you have 3 names as opposed to the other claims of 1. Now anyone will probably claim one. This exception is kinda too significant to ignore. Why would hosts give you 3 random names just because? Certainly some of the other claimed traitors are naive..and everyone else has 1. So your case is special. 2 things, either naive or real traitor. You've said Farf is one person on your list. Farf strongly claims she isn't mafia and tells you to reveal the others on your list. You've gotten the go ahead from her, why not let it out? I don't get the point really. Added with James' result on you, you're either a naive traitor with an inexplicable different trend from all other naive traitors or mafia. As it stands, the latter seems more likely.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Just got back. Movie was mediocre, back to the better one.
Let me read back.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Why? D: It's a 50% change for you, your whole list is alive XD!
Because I think Hardy is lying, so I'd have to be naive. And because I'm trusting you're town.

I would, why wouldn't I? I wouldn't be alone @.@ I'd be the same case as you. The only ones that could be afraid of that are the ones that would be lying about it.
No. It's a lot easier a claim for people who think they're real traitors and have more names like me. If hardy isn't mafia he surely has more names too, or rather has had. He probably got recruited.

Are you saying I wouldn't care if I would fuck up my own team? '-' What do I have to gain from that?
No, it's a shitty situation to be in. You can't just drop it and urge me not to say it, else you'd be confirming yourself as mafia and me as a real Traitor. So even if you're really mafia you'd have to keep doing what a townie would, ask me to share it and hope I don't. At least I think you would.

The only thing I'm not getting is how you only got 1 vote so far.
Have been wondering the same thing about you. Role not important, not a traitor in this game system, and panicking ever since James came with your result. But keep struggling, but people really should see past that :rolleyes:
--- Double Post Merged, ---
That argument doesn't make sense.
You said Farf was one of the names you got. So if anything it would be Farf's mafia you would reveal and thus Farf trying to get you to tell her the names would rather risk her mafia team than profit from it. Ofc you could be a 3 name naive traitor but the more 1 names we get, however many of them are for real or not, the less likely that seems to be the case.
That post you're quoting was to hardy, not to Farf. It's his mafia that profits from me potentially showing her's.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I'm panicking?

I never said a thing about the importance of my role, you did.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I reading guys but wanted to quote this while its fresh in my head.
This may explain why janitor wasnt used nite 0.....he recruited someone.
Maybe not you but someone....which tends to make me believe we indeed have 3killing parties and another mafia recruited last nite.
It's likely, but I am still unrecruited, if I even can be recruited. There would be absolutely no reason for me to still come out as a Traitor if it already served it's purpose. The most likely people who have been recruited during N0 and/or N1 are the ones claiming to either have dead people as their name, or those that "are not Traitor".
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok but we got 1 name only. If it was that easy for people to be recruited, what would happen if a different máfia would target us, the ones with 1 name? Dunno if the hosts would change the rules like that... That we could be recruited by anyone in spite of the single name we have. Traitors aren't Sleepers.
In such a system I imagine they're used like Sleepers. Which would make no sense, but then again Panda is known for taking huge liberties with written rules... I don't like it.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
But why won't he say the other two names then?And I did got innocent on Gry and Guilty on Hardy, one of them has to be a Mafia or a real Traitor one way or another. I don't care whenever we lynch Hardy or Gry. Gry is the only one who got 3 names as traitor and who knows, given panda is host he might just give some fake names to the real traitor to prevent a thing happening likeGry revealing 3 Mafias when discovered once the mass traitor theory is out in the open. Hardy got a role he cannot reveal or doesn't want to reveal and no traitor but it seems he is not the only one. If we lynch Hardy we get to see if he really was townie or not, if he wasn't big chance I am a real traitor or a naive traitor who happened to get a mafia as contact. If we lynch Gry, well, all we get there is if my innocent result was for real or not. Ofc there is the possibility of both being mafia with one being a traitor and the other being a mafia boss, but how likely is that to happen. xD
Guilt. Even if I'm a real Traitor and not naive, Farfs teammates remain unknown and still have a shot to win this. If I'm really sane traitor I would feel awful about ruining their chances.

I can hope I'm naive and tell you the other names, but if I really end up screwing over a whole team... idk james. Would you do it if you were in this position?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Same thought....also the fact you think you would be the only one to target gry 1st nite....i dont think so.
With your investigation....i leaning towards hes either a lying mafia boss and you are sane or he was recruited and you are insane.
I'm town uncle, ffs :XD Mafia haven't touched me yet, unless they used a non-kill role on it. Because I'm both still alive and unrecruited. As for why they wouldn't, either taking pity on me or expecting a doc to keep me safe.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
ofc gry is one of them i would...there are a few good players i would try to kill if i had a free nite like that.
I mean no one had anything to go on as far as risking ones life to protect.
You dont agree that the janitor was used....?
I mean come on...wheres @Holt
He brought this up and gry did his best to make like it was some kind of strategy...
What fucking strategy you need when you have a free nite to claim a role...and worse case scenario in this game....gain a member
:cookiehand
I answered his post telling him it's impossible to be a strat. But he may be one of the people in the Janitor's mafia trying to hide that they recruited someone. Particularly hardy.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I'm town uncle, ffs :XD Mafia haven't touched me yet, unless they used a non-kill role on it.
It's ok Gry, just point in the doll where the mean mafia touched you.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Plus grys reluctancy to reveal his role if it isnt a strong one.
Usually in a game if a detective is out and he believes them....he basically demands others to reveal saying "well detective is out how important can yours be?"
:gnut
I could come clean, but it's really not a role I'd want to claim...
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Traffic jam killed me :fail. I don't have time to backread anything. Can someone explain why Hardy and GrySun have two votes?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
My thoughts on your claims:
  • You said that after James and probably Kato revealed they only had one name so lying about receiving 3 would be a bit risky.
  • Have there be a mafia that starts with 3 members in a game with THIS many traitors seems unlikely. Then again, I'm not sure "balance" was a big concern this game...
  • What's more suspect is the fact that you only revealed one name AND the fact that you revealed any at all. You could have easily refused to and nobody would have questioned it much. It's an act of self-preservation and you even pointed out yourself that doing so would be "game-breaking." Still, you felt the need to one of three names.
So, it's hard for me to really trust that claim... At the moment, it seems more like you're lying about something in order to sell the idea that you're a native traitor which, again, would be understandable, but it still hurts your credibility. Coming clean may improve it though
  • As you see it was risky :lmao Should've went with the flow instead of being honest, even if I seem to have slipped up earlier in a post implicating I had more names.
  • We had about half the player size as mafias in these hosts' previous game. Either I was given 3 to make me think I'm legit, or it's the real count of mafias. I think there's 2 groups of 3 and an SK(think I even said something along those lines last day somewhere), then the number of real Traitors is probably a lot lower than of naive ones. Maybe 1 or 2 per group.
  • No, I revealed one because I thought it was necessary. I wouldn't reveal all 3, but giving no names at all would be even worse. I could have just said I wasn't a traitor, or play along and only give one name. Instead I wanted to come clean, and that wasn't done for selfpreservation, but because I thought there was a chance Hardy is town. And I know it could be possible if I was a sane traitor. That's why I revealed anything in the first place, so people consider the option we could both be innocent. But apparently I should've just locked him right there and not care if we lynch a townie...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'll need to get home and look at the notes. At least I perceived it as a statement from someone with a protective role.
I noticed it too while backreading during our hiatus. If we mean the same person that is. Would rather keep him hidden so best not say it.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's likely, but I am still unrecruited, if I even can be recruited. There would be absolutely no reason for me to still come out as a Traitor if it already served it's purpose. The most likely people who have been recruited during N0 and/or N1 are the ones claiming to either have dead people as their name, or those that "are not Traitor".
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


In such a system I imagine they're used like Sleepers. Which would make no sense, but then again Panda is known for taking huge liberties with written rules... I don't like it.
--- Double Post Merged, ---


Guilt. Even if I'm a real Traitor and not naive, Farfs teammates remain unknown and still have a shot to win this. If I'm really sane traitor I would feel awful about ruining their chances.

I can hope I'm naive and tell you the other names, but if I really end up screwing over a whole team... idk james. Would you do it if you were in this position?
--- Double Post Merged, ---


I'm town uncle, ffs :XD Mafia haven't touched me yet, unless they used a non-kill role on it. Because I'm both still alive and unrecruited. As for why they wouldn't, either taking pity on me or expecting a doc to keep me safe.
--- Double Post Merged, ---


I answered his post telling him it's impossible to be a strat. But he may be one of the people in the Janitor's mafia trying to hide that they recruited someone. Particularly hardy.
You have two you wont share but me revealing i have 1 thats dead...now im scum xD
Well tomorrow will say different.but if you in a hurry....can always lynch me.
:catshrug
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Traffic jam killed me :fail. I don't have time to backread anything. Can someone explain why Hardy and GrySun have two votes?

Because I got innocent on Gry Night 1 and Guilty on Hardy Night 2 and because I am a traitor who's contact was hardy and because Gry says he is also traitor with 3 contacts one of them being farf and because Hardy said he was no traitor and because we have lots of traitors who got only one name as contact and some who says they aren't traitors like Hardy and because so far nobody else claimed to be traitor with 3 names.
Good enough?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Gry lay it all out in the open for us. Atm, there's is no better lynch than you. You mentioned potentially stalling your death (since it's supposedly low priority) in favor of killing a mafia. That's all well and good but there's none standing out atm. Also, there's quite too much stacked against you. First there's the fact that only you have 3 names as opposed to the other claims of 1. Now anyone will probably claim one. This exception is kinda too significant to ignore. Why would hosts give you 3 random names just because? Certainly some of the other claimed traitors are naive..and everyone else has 1. So your case is special. 2 things, either naive or real traitor. You've said Farf is one person on your list. Farf strongly claims she isn't mafia and tells you to reveal the others on your list. You've gotten the go ahead from her, why not let it out? I don't get the point really. Added with James' result on you, you're either a naive traitor with an inexplicable different trend from all other naive traitors or mafia. As it stands, the latter seems more likely.
Would be repeating myself, you'll find answers to those questions in of my previous ~3 posts to people asking the same. I don't know why they gave me 3, but they did. You'd really believe Hardy here who's making it as simple for himself as possible?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm panicking?

I never said a thing about the importance of my role, you did.
No you did. Why are you lying about it now? Forgot the exact wording, but you said something about revealing it doesn't change anything for town. Would need to find the exact post, but you said it.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You have two you wont share but me revealing i have 1 thats dead...now im scum xD
Well tomorrow will say different.but if you in a hurry....can always lynch me.
:catshrug
Just said it was convenient. You said it among the first few so I trust you. The ones that came after you though... especially the ones that are not traitors. There have to be mafia among those for sure.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
This is quite tiring. It would be so easy to just reveal everything now, then let people be mad later.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
No. It's a lot easier a claim for people who think they're real traitors and have more names like me. If hardy isn't mafia he surely has more names too, or rather has had. He probably got recruited.
Well, for that they would have to also believe I'm mafia, if they fear that by having 3 names instead of 1 that makes them real traitors... I think so far that's not how people feel about me, even if I'm not someone solid to be trusted. So it still looks unlikely to me that every single one with 3 names would feel like that.

No, it's a shitty situation to be in. You can't just drop it and urge me not to say it, else you'd be confirming yourself as mafia and me as a real Traitor. So even if you're really mafia you'd have to keep doing what a townie would, ask me to share it and hope I don't. At least I think you would.
No, Gry, I really don't care... and if you said that until you'd get recruited you'd play like a townie, you shouldn't be caring either about what I could possibly be wishing deep inside... I could even promise you I'm not lying about saying you can share your list 'cause it's false, you have my word... You really have no reason to retain it.

And tbh, Holt just pretty much put up in a nice way what I think...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This is quite tiring. It would be so easy to just reveal everything now, then let people be mad later.
Then make us maaaaad \@.@/ You're being Kato, the second ç.ç everybody is asking you the same thing at this point lmao.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top