Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What mangaka was it?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
It's a decent comedy movie.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What mangaka was it?
his name is Ochi R, some noob from pixiv

his oneshot was very ecchi with and a lot of nudity

so it's not surprising it became he most clicked on manga nor the the fact it didn't become a series
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
it probably made a **** ton of money for netflix
I dont know if there is a way to even test this statement, or if even Netflix has a way to measure this.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Resurrection of E!
Btw, when is the one piece special happening? I sorta wanna watch cause this was my favorite arc. Also is there break for MHA after this week cause of special?
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Damn, toc still not out
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
We're dealing with estimates and approximations so BLack Clover's true sales are higher than what the numbers indicate.
I'd say the estimates and approximations are about 40-60% accurate. :derp
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Btw, when is the one piece special happening? I sorta wanna watch cause this was my favorite arc. Also is there break for MHA after this week cause of special?
This Saturday!

Shouldn't be a break next week for it since it was suppose to be off air this week due to a special program but they opted for an original episode instead.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Damn, toc still not out
It usually doesn't come out until tonight.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We're dealing with estimates and approximations so BLack Clover's true sales are higher than what the numbers indicate.
Then the others are lower too.
 

KennyKuro

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,270
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
charts!




Rest will come sometime next week
My most sincere thanks for these charts! They are so helpful for future reference in an argument. I hope to see a version of MHA soon! Or perhaps One Piece :teehee
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
My most sincere thanks for these charts! They are so helpful for future reference in an argument. I hope to see a version of MHA soon! Or perhaps One Piece :teehee
there is one but yearly for one piece (data up to 2014)

 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan

Kaiu Shirai : The basic manuscript went until the children escaped from the orphanage. Ideally, I would like, in agreement with my publisher, that the story does not go on too long. Ideally, I expect about twenty or even thirty volumes[ten have already been published in Japan].
 

KennyKuro

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,270
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
there is one but yearly for one piece (data up to 2014)

Damn, i must admit that I am quite surprised that the manga was able to sell only 500 copies during 2005-2006. From what I have researched, the Water 7 arc was for its climax so that next to start the Enies Lobby arc during that period.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Am I misreading that? He wants it to not be too long but expects 30 volumes? That's longer than Beelzebub (28 volumes) which while sure isn't super long I don't think anyone would call it a shorter series either.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Kaiu Shirai : The basic manuscript went until the children escaped from the orphanage. Ideally, I would like, in agreement with my publisher, that the story does not go on too long. Ideally, I expect about twenty or even thirty volumes[ten have already been published in Japan].
Expected news really.

The creative team suffers when it's a run of the mill kids against monsters series and shingeki shows that gets stale fast.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Damn, i must admit that I am quite surprised that the manga was able to sell only 500 copies during 2005-2006. From what I have researched, the Water 7 arc was for its climax so that next to start the Enies Lobby arc during that period.
lol it's not 500 copies.
It's 300 thousand, 6 millions, 17 millions... 112 million(2005) to 125 million (2006)
 

KennyKuro

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,270
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
lol it's not 500 copies.
It's 300 thousand, 6 millions, 17 millions... 112 million(2005) to 125 million (2006)
Oh my, i'm a mess making calculations after taking a nap lol sorry, my mistake. Thanks for correcting me, now I can see everything clearer now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top