I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I'm going to trial it my way during this game, so we'll see how that turns out. If it works well this is potentially a far better way to communicate and store Night Phase information with the ability to pin comments, etc.
I'm going to trial it my way during this game, so we'll see how that turns out. If it works well this is potentially a far better way to communicate and store Night Phase information with the ability to pin comments, etc.
I tested it a couple of games ago in my game. It‘s not bad, certainly can count on it always working which makes it much better than piratepad(though everyone uses etherpad now instead for stability). The pinned comments can be nice for some info too. But it has two problems. One that not everyone has Discord and would need to set it up just for the game, and aren‘t used to using it. The second problem is that it‘s less easier to overview a lot of text compared to pads, since it‘s just a chat window you have to scroll up a lot, can‘t write inbetween older texts making the structure chaotic. Discord is better for the mafias to talk in real time, but it‘s harder/less convenient for some mafias to backread a talk between others who were online at the time and add their thoughts.
So just the overview thing makes me prefer etherpad, but you can try Discord too if you want. Just be careful to set it up properly so two mafia groups don‘t see each other, and to notify people in advance to prepare Discord accounts.
Discord... I actually checked on it but I dont use it, the comment box type of chat seems easier to read but also harder to locate and modify info, Im all in for giving it a try though.
I'm going to trial it my way during this game, so we'll see how that turns out. If it works well this is potentially a far better way to communicate and store Night Phase information with the ability to pin comments, etc.
You forgot about kkck, for screwing with his waifu Androssi in Waifu Wars, gnut for betraying the The Godfather (Van) and Farf for the eternal grudge she still has on me.
I'm going to trial it my way during this game, so we'll see how that turns out. If it works well this is potentially a far better way to communicate and store Night Phase information with the ability to pin comments, etc.
I tested it a couple of games ago in my game. It‘s not bad, certainly can count on it always working which makes it much better than piratepad(though everyone uses etherpad now instead for stability). The pinned comments can be nice for some info too. But it has two problems. One that not everyone has Discord and would need to set it up just for the game, and aren‘t used to using it. The second problem is that it‘s less easier to overview a lot of text compared to pads, since it‘s just a chat window you have to scroll up a lot, can‘t write inbetween older texts making the structure chaotic. Discord is better for the mafias to talk in real time, but it‘s harder/less convenient for some mafias to backread a talk between others who were online at the time and add their thoughts.
So just the overview thing makes me prefer etherpad, but you can try Discord too if you want. Just be careful to set it up properly so two mafia groups don‘t see each other, and to notify people in advance to prepare Discord accounts.
I'm running a few mock up servers to see how everything would be set out. One requirement I'd have is that everyone would set themselves to offline, but you make a decent point on the need to scroll up which may be doable with giving every player on there pin perms. We'll see. I've got near a month yet to iron things out.
I'm running a few mock up servers to see how everything would be set out. One requirement I'd have is that everyone would set themselves to offline, but you make a decent point on the need to scroll up which may be doable with giving every player on there pin perms. We'll see. I've got near a month yet to iron things out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ah, there's one set up? Sweet. Again I'll see how well I can set it up. By god I've set up enough of them to at least think it plausible.
Yeah there‘s a server we used for my game, can reuse that one. Was my first time using discord so took a while for me to get the permissions and stuff. But certainly usable, let Farf give you the ownership and test things out.
It definitely worked in my game, though only saw 1 night phase because of a certain someone So could use more testing.
Didn't my friends here tell you? White Magic for me or nada JK, but it doesn't sound like it's my cup of tea. So, I'll stick to my fantasy based ones. Sorry
Didn't my friends here tell you? White Magic for me or nada JK, but it doesn't sound like it's my cup of tea. So, I'll stick to my fantasy based ones. Sorry