Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
List of titles that look are going to end (but again, Shokugeki really looked it was ending last arc and then El Hermano happened).

-Yuuna-san
-Hinomaru
-Shokugeki (yep, I'm again saying this is last arc, only to fail miserably again)
-Tanaka Seiji
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
List of titles that look are going to end (but again, Shokugeki really looked it was ending last arc and then El Hermano happened).

-Yuuna-san
-Hinomaru
-Shokugeki (yep, I'm again saying this is last arc, only to fail miserably again)
-Tanaka Seiji
I was thinking Food Wars would end, but with the 2nd year Examinations thing they brought up...perhaps we are really going to go through all three years of high school for them, in which case, ending soon isnt likely (soon as in, ending anytime before Mid Year 2020).
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Come to think about it: has any manga which setting was in high school actually done all 3 years?

-Kuroko did only first year
-Beelzebub did only first year
-Medaka Box did first and second year
-Assassination Classroom did only third year
-Saiki did only first year then second year which was first year
-Nisekoi did only first and second year if I recall well
-Bakuman don't remember
-Ichigo 100% don't remember
-Sket Dance don't remember
-To Love-Ru don't remember

PD: I don't see Hero Academia for example doing all 3 years neither. Haikyuu is also still in first year and I don't think it going to second year.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I feel like MHA could do all 3 years
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Come to think about it: has any manga which setting was in high school actually done all 3 years?

-Kuroko did only first year
-Beelzebub did only first year
-Medaka Box did first and second year
-Assassination Classroom did only third year
-Saiki did only first year then second year which was first year
-Nisekoi did only first and second year if I recall well
-Bakuman don't remember
-Ichigo 100% don't remember
-Sket Dance don't remember
-To Love-Ru don't remember

PD: I don't see Hero Academia for example doing all 3 years neither. Haikyuu is also still in first year and I don't think it going to second year.
Nope. Nisekoi covered all 3 years. So, MHA could definitely cover all of those.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
FYI Assassination Classroom takes place in their last year of middle school
Bakuman also starts in middle school too, and they go to college.
Sket Dance starts in 2nd year and ends when they graduate.
To Love Ru starts in 1st year and ends in 2nd year, Darkness also ends in 2nd year
Nisekoi all 3 years
Yuuna is already in the middle of their 2nd year

and lastly, the great Ane Doki starts in elementary school.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
just heard the news about Momoko Sakura passing away, so sad :crying

Chibi Maruko-chan was such a huge part of childhood

is Chibi Shikaku-chan still running in Grand Jump?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Slam Dunk refurbished edition Vol. 15 - 20
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/297075

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Place your bets!

I put it at 5.5M - 6.2M (5.8M is my guess) by the oricon yearly and ranking 3rd
Man that's bullshit! Slam Dunk just coming in and stealing a spot like nothing.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Man that's bullshit! Slam Dunk just coming in and stealing a spot like nothing.
with less than 50(?) actually new pages...

correct me If I'm wrong, but I quite sure he only did the new covers(never saw the back cover so not even sure about that) and a special poster for buying all 20?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
:3c Other series need to git gud.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Lmaooo, a part of me is enjoying this a lot since SD is slapping all these new titles in WSJ and other part of me is saying it's unfair. Is MHA even projected at 5-6m? I havent been keeping up with it's sales. I wanna say that it is but I'd like some confirmation.

I wonder how well OP will do if it got this treatment years after it ended.

You guys think we'll get an official english release of these new SD volumes?

Anime remake intensifies. (not by Toei though)
Toei would probably pick it up. Unless Inoue rejects or something...
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You guys think we'll get an official english release of these new SD volumes?
Doubt it. It was another "editor's favorite" hence why Viz was able to complete it even though it didn't do all that well in the US. Unless we get an anime remake that turns out to be be tremendously popular like Jojo it'll never see the light of day in the US.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Lmaooo, a part of me is enjoying this a lot since SD is slapping all these new titles in WSJ and other part of me is saying it's unfair. Is MHA even projected at 5-6m? I havent been keeping up with it's sales. I wanna say that it is but I'd like some confirmation.

I wonder how well OP will do if it got this treatment years after it ended.

You guys think we'll get an official english release of these new SD volumes?


Toei would probably pick it up. Unless Inoue rejects or something...
forgot about MHA movie boost, was going to say it will eclipses last year sales, but having a volume delayed to December won't help it.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,565
Reaction score
11,300
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
My book is already on way home. Most expensive part for me has been the shipping, that can be painful.

It will be interesting to see how while in Volume 1 everybody was influenced by Otoko Ippiki, in Volume 3 everybody is going to be influenced by Dragon Ball
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
With One Piece and My Hero around ?
OP is a non factor, MHA might rise but then again it will be having 1 less volume for this year duration compared to last time.


extra: HQ is on a slight decline, but it should have 1 more volume... so.. I don't know
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top