Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Happy to see Jujutsu do well.
Wheres the poster that continually attempts to thwart the significance of digital sales.

Yet more proof that strongly suggests and highly implies that digital sales for manga play a significant role.
Oh the bait in this post. My fingers twitch.

Viz, when will you wake up and add Jujutsu to your catalog?
In about two years.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Wheres the poster that continually attempts to thwart the significance of digital sales.

Yet more proof that strongly suggests and highly implies that digital sales for manga play a significant role.

Additionally reconfirms my previous claim of jujutsu fame as the next naruto.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

How can there be a timeskip when there is a one year deadline to reach their goal. Wouldn't be logical to be one.
A year is long time
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
that's a bit hard to make out but I think it's

Jujutsu Kaisen
WNL
Actage
Shokugeki
Yuuna
Academia
Black Clover
Haikyuu
Hinomaru Zumou
Gintama
Tanaka Seiji
Alice & Taiyo
Invade You

Excluding stuff with colour pages.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
that's a bit hard to make out but I think it's

Jujutsu Kaisen
WNL
Actage
Shokugeki
Yuuna
Academia
Black Clover
Haikyuu
Hinomaru Zumou
Gintama
Tanaka Seiji
Alice & Taiyo
Invade You

Excluding stuff with colour pages.
the picture need more jpeg,

yeah I think I got the same as you
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
It's a pretty big jump all of a sudden for Yuuna but I think this would be ranking the Garandou backstory chapter, so I guess people either really like the battle shounen shift or really like female not-Jotaro.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
that's a bit hard to make out but I think it's

Jujutsu Kaisen
WNL
Actage
Shokugeki
Yuuna
Academia
Black Clover
Haikyuu
Hinomaru Zumou
Gintama
Tanaka Seiji
Alice & Taiyo
Invade You

Excluding stuff with colour pages.
Seeing Jujutsu and Act-age at the top is delightful.

I don't think Tanaka and Alice will be able to recover.

I'm very happy to see how well Jujutsu is selling. I'm looking forward to seeing Viz pick up the manga two years from now like others have pointed out. (I'm still waiting for Viz to prove me wrong...)
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Look like :
Invade You end in #41
Gintama get color page in #42 for last chapter
New serie in #42 : Shishunki Renaissance David-kun by Yuushin KUROKI.
yet another mangaka from giga.. just give me Hanazamurai no Sahara already


edit: mangaka not series
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
He might be a Jump Giga guy but I don't think they're actually using the Giga series. That's a hot springs battle shounen according to its MAL page while, judging by the name, the new series seems to instead be coming from a short gag chapter he did earlier this year.

I wonder if we'll get multiple gag manga this batch, they really need new ones so I can see them starting a bunch of them hoping one or two stick. Probably wouldn't be a great idea to have more than one gag series in a batch but you never know with the current EiC, he did run a full series based on a Giga mini-series nobody even liked.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Sekko boys style with a Kaguya-sama reference, huh? I’ll give it a shot, regardless but it doesn’t scream Jump to me
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,548
Reaction score
15,709
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Seems the girl of that Sekko Boys manga is Takagi-san lol
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Can't make the Slam Dunk chart today since I'm away from my laptop so here arr some charts I haven't share yet

with that out of the way, I do need some feedback/help on the charts,

is the presentation okay?


for the charts with LTD, should I used estimates or just stick with known values

where can I actually find the weekly 51-100 list (you can DM me if you don't want to share it publicly)

any other type of charts you want to see
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Media Create week 35

07./00. [PS4] Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.08.30} (¥7.200) - 10.685 / NEW

10./02. [NSW] My Hero: One's Justice <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.08.23} (¥7.600) - 7.669 / 32.294 (-69%)

18./05. [PS4] My Hero: One's Justice <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.08.23} (¥7.600) - 5.192 / 21.218 (-68%)


pretty bad numbers for shinobi strikers

MHA:OJ have a similar (decent %) drop for both version, Switch version might see another week on top 20 but PS4 is almost definitely gone
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,937
Gender
Male
Country
United States
with that out of the way, I do need some feedback/help on the charts,

is the presentation okay?


for the charts with LTD, should I used estimates or just stick with known values

where can I actually find the weekly 51-100 list (you can DM me if you don't want to share it publicly)

any other type of charts you want to see
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Media Create week 35

07./00. [PS4] Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.08.30} (¥7.200) - 10.685 / NEW

10./02. [NSW] My Hero: One's Justice <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.08.23} (¥7.600) - 7.669 / 32.294 (-69%)

18./05. [PS4] My Hero: One's Justice <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.08.23} (¥7.600) - 5.192 / 21.218 (-68%)


pretty bad numbers for shinobi strikers

MHA:OJ have a similar drop for both version, Switch version might see another week on top 20 but PS4 is almost definitely gone
I guess again, here, western world will carry the sales for the animegames, for namco bandai sake #PlayAnime, assuming, the lack of a dub doesnt kill heroaca's appeal to casual players.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top