Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Is Ufotable's fanbase that bad or is it Fate's? I don't see anyone hyping God Eater or the Tales stuff as amazing.
No one would hype up God Eater after that production mess lol. Idk about tales but I was mainly talking about their fate series. I enjoyed Fate Zero a lot but UBW was meh for me. I was mainly talking about their fanbase of the adaptations about Fate
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
It honestly depends on the staff since everything outside Type Moon adaptations from Ufotable are a mixed bag. It has the potential to be the best looking Jump adaptation ever but that depends on which portion of Ufo is working on it. I have more faith in it than Neverland though.
Yeah the worst part is that I have practically zero knowledge of Ufotable beyond them using hella filters since I've only seen the first episode of God Eater.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah the worst part is that I have practically zero knowledge of Ufotable beyond them using hella filters since I've only seen the first episode of God Eater.
The thing about God Eater is that it had a really good director behind it a neat art design but the production was a complete disaster mainly because ufo botched the schedule for it so they had to take all the assets and start working on it immediately after UBW completed on top of putting it out in time for Aniplex. Its a shame too because it wasn't all bad but the wait between episodes and recap after recap must have been terrible. My only pet-peeve with what I've seen thus far is that I think the art design might be a tad too clean which doesn't much the rough aesthetics of the manga which would probably make the transition between action and comedy more awkward in the anime (think FMA Brotherhood bad) since you're following a well polished scene with low quality chibi art especially in between the downtime chapters. Also how are they going to cut down the content given that ufo has never done a full 2 cour series straight.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I don't think we should automatically assume they'll cut out content. The anime can be two cours, if not continuous, then a split cour series. I also don't think we should hype this up as a potential best looking Jump adaptation ever because that's setting some almost impossibly high standards. We'll get a better idea when the anime drops by, we don't even have a proper PV yet.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I don't think we should automatically assume they'll cut out content. The anime can be two cours, if not continuous, then a split cour series. I also don't think we should hype this up as a potential best looking Jump adaptation ever because that's setting some almost impossibly high standards. We'll get a better idea when the anime drops by, we don't even have a proper PV yet.
Agreed, waiting on another PV & staff is better. It's happening in Jump Festa right?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
potential best looking Jump adaptation ever because that's setting some almost impossibly high standards
Id hope one wouldnt want an anime to be the best looking adaptation ever. Oftentimes there is more to anime than looks, and the most gorgeous animes are often the most dullest.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think we should automatically assume they'll cut out content. The anime can be two cours, if not continuous, then a split cour series. I also don't think we should hype this up as a potential best looking Jump adaptation ever because that's setting some almost impossibly high standards. We'll get a better idea when the anime drops by, we don't even have a proper PV yet.
They will cut out content. That's just the nature of adaptations in general. Ufo don't do two cours, they do splits between seasons but not continuous ones which is what I said in the quote, that alone means that some things will be condense or cut to fit the allowed time.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yeah I have my doubts about it being the best looking Jump anime, MHA S2 is going to be hard to top and if you count Young Jump then you literally can't beat OPM.

My main worry with the anime is how the fight scenes will be animated, more specifically the breath style techniques. In the manga they are not very dynamic, since they put a lot more motion in one panel, in comparison to maybe shooting a beam or throwing a punch. I have an idea of how they'll animate it, but I'm not sure I really like the idea.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
They will cut out content. That's just the nature of adaptations in general. Ufo don't do two cours, they do splits between seasons but not continuous ones which is what I said in the quote, that alone means that some things will be condense or cut to fit the allowed time.
I mean Ufo don't do jump anime either, yet here we are. The possibility of a two cour is there.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
They will cut out content. That's just the nature of adaptations in general. Ufo don't do two cours, they do splits between seasons but not continuous ones which is what I said in the quote, that alone means that some things will be condense or cut to fit the allowed time.
I'm personally not going to jump to conclusions until the anime actually airs. Just because you say it, it doesn't mean it will necessarily happen. :catshrug
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah I have my doubts about it being the best looking Jump anime, MHA S2 is going to be hard to top and if you count Young Jump then you literally can't beat OPM.
why not MHA s3/
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean Ufo don't do jump anime either, yet here we are. The possibility of a two cour is there.
Well.....
Also my doubts is that they're not going to change their methods just because its a Jump property but we'll just wait and see since it'll make more sense if its a two cour if they plan on also covering the Spider arc.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Did I miss something? Why is everyone assuming it to be 2 cour? For all we know Shueisha wants to follow the MHA model on this and the first season will be single cour then we'll get two cour seasons once a year.
 

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
Two cour seasons once a year with ufotable? Impossible. They have a completely different model compared to other studios by doing everything in-house like Kyoto Animation and that takes a lot of time. They're not going to change that just because of one series.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I doubt that Jump plans to have multiple seasons, at least not yet. It wasn't immediately popular like MHA was, so the anime would have to be really popular.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did I miss something? Why is everyone assuming it to be 2 cour? For all we know Shueisha wants to follow the MHA model on this and the first season will be single cour then we'll get two cour seasons once a year.
Couple of things though, MHA was planned to get an anime when its first volume was released in November 2014 while plans for a Kimetsu anime didn't start until after the Spider arc ended since that was when the series started getting some major pull and where the recommendation from Togashi help boost up sales. I really believe that the only reason ufotable picked it up was due to Nasu (Type Moon founder) raving about it. So who really knows I say two cour split because ufotable has never done a straight two cour show but I feel that covering up to the Spider arc would help it a lot.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
What about the time where the Gintama director said he liked Samon-kun? Where's the Samon-kun anime? ;_;
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What about the time where the Gintama director said he liked Samon-kun? Where's the Samon-kun anime? ;_;
A last minute ditch effort to boost sales ;_;

All the more ironic when it was more succesful than any other comedy that's been serialized since.
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
Ufotable is a small company that prefers to keep everything in house, they're currently working on the Heaven's Feel movies. 2 cour is possible, but not continuous. FZ was split cour, UBW was split cour, Zestiria was split cour, Touken Ranbu was split cour. Ufotable isn't changing their model for Kimetsu.

Neverland will be done by Cloverworks. They have a completely different staff and you should be more worried about Fate/Grand Order anime in 2019 eating up all the good staff instead.
Neverland should end up having Slow Start's animation staff, I think. The character designer attracts the former Dogakobo crowd.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Guessing “I’m From Japan” will be about a Japanese kid moving to America? Or traveling the world?

Could be funny
didn't preview says something about it will be about a "local" comedy and a tribute to Japanese hometowns?
lets just hope the pompadour is a sign that delinquents are involved somehow
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
A last minute ditch effort to boost sales ;_;

All the more ironic when it was more succesful than any other comedy that's been serialized since.
Looking at the current situation they probably should have given Samon something. I mean it wasn't doing much worse than Sumou from a pure sales viewpoint. With a good anime it could have taken off or at least gotten a cult following. As much as it pains me to say it, this anime for Sumou is a last ditch effort at boosting sales and just overall giving it more exposure. The fact that they didn't put this on NHK still baffles me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top