Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,758
Reaction score
17,727
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
I bet a few people are happy with the cover for next issue
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
42号
ダビデ ※新連載
ワンピ
鬼滅
銀魂 ※最終回Cカラー
呪術
ストーン
アポロ ※近未来杯Cカラー
ブラクロ
ヒロアカ
ネバラン
アクタ
勉強
ハイキュー
ゆらぎ
相撲
ソーマ
アリス
田中
ジモト ※新連載巻末カラー
43号
巻頭:呪術
Cカラー:ダビデ ジモト ハンター ※連載再開
大増:ボルト

銀魂乙コメ一覧
尾田
吾峠
芥見
田畠
堀越
ぽすか
古舘
ミウラ
川田
凸ノ
天塚
Jujutsu continues to kick ass, awesome! I'm looking forward to the cover it's getting, well deserved. Act-age dropped off a bit, but I'm not worried about it.

Tanaka and Alice look pretty much dead to me, I don't think they can recover.

Jimoto ga Japan seems to be a bottom gag series, interesting.

It's also noteworthy how Kimetsu and Dr. Stone have been absolutely slaying in the TOC for months.

Hopefully we still get a final new series, if we don't, I guess we can expect those veteran oneshots that haven't dropped yet.
Edit: Oh yeah, Gintama is moving and I think this is a good move, it results in a happy ending for everyone.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Jujutsu continues to kick ass, awesome! I'm looking forward to the cover it's getting, well deserved. Act-age dropped off a bit, but I'm not worried about it.

Tanaka and Alice look pretty much dead to me, I don't think they can recover.

Jimoto ga Japan seems to be a bottom gag series, interesting.

It's also noteworthy how Kimetsu and Dr. Stone have been absolutely slaying in the TOC for months.

Hopefully we still get a final new series, if we don't, I guess we can expect those veteran oneshots that haven't dropped yet.
Edit: Oh yeah, Gintama is moving and I think this is a good move, it results in a happy ending for everyone.
conclusion for the main story in the main magazine then an epilogue to wrap up some things (and fill up volumes) in a sister magazine is a neat method.


still thinking 44 will have another new series
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Wait. Wait. Wait. Next week cover is for Jujutsu?

YES
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
It's also noteworthy how Kimetsu and Dr. Stone have been absolutely slaying in the TOC for months.
I think the Jump is pushing them a lot, one because of the incoming anime, the other because made by Boichi.

For me as soon as Jujitsu becomes more popular they will both be sent to the central area of the TOC.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
13p for My Hero chapter.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Horikoshiko should try to emulate Oda and rest one week per month
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Even shorter chapters are fine, rather than pauses that slow down the narration (Oda can afford it since it has been working in the past 21 years).
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
conclusion for the main story in the main magazine then an epilogue to wrap up some things (and fill up volumes) in a sister magazine is a neat method.


still thinking 44 will have another new series
I wonder what Sorachi is going to do after Gintama.

I really hope we do get another series, these gag manga might be nice and cute and all, but who knows how well they will do. The fact that Alice and Tanaka seem to be on their way out doesn't help either. I wonder if we'll have another freaking round this year, that would be crazy, it feels like we've had so many rounds and they were all quite forgettable.

13p for My Hero chapter.
Please stay healthy. Maybe he should take a break for a few weeks.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I think it's already taken.

However for me the short chapters are not a problem.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I want to see another thing from Sorachi but only in a few years. Let the man get a rest after more than 10 years of serialization (if he wants ofc)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think the Jump is pushing them a lot, one because of the incoming anime, the other because made by Boichi.

For me as soon as Jujitsu becomes more popular they will both be sent to the central area of the TOC.
Oh, for sure they are. Dr Stone is even more clear.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
And it seems like the new comedy really will be like some others in the past being the last manga on the magazine
 

revo68

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 21, 2018
Messages
566
Reaction score
4,120
Age
32
Country
Singapore
From @Bomber D Rufi in regards to Gintama

-There will be another Gintama Matsuri in 2019
-There will be one more character poll done to commemorate the ending.
-Gintama will continue in the winter Jump Giga series starting with the issue out in December. "Please enjoy the end of the end of the end."
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Stoked to see that Jujutsu is gaining some real traction now. It's a bit rough around the edges, but that adds some really cool character to the series.
 

revo68

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 21, 2018
Messages
566
Reaction score
4,120
Age
32
Country
Singapore
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Announce mha s4 and color page for act age heiji, the streets need it :mono
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I knew Gintama wouldn't actually be ending yet.

I wonder how many chapters it'll eventually end up with total.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
There are two type of mangaka: The ones who finish their manga and rest or authors say goodbye in the author comments (Kishimoto, Sorachi), and the ones who are totally ignored by the other authors (Kubo, Shimabukuro)
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Do we have sales figures yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top