- Joined
- Aug 7, 2016
- Messages
- 5,297
- Reaction score
- 7,333
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
Did not like David much but I enjoyed Japan a lot.
David's gag premise already feels old despite it being 1 short chapter, I know they want a new crude manga with Gintama gone but the main gimmick outside of the pee jokes (being classic sculptures) strikes me as something that's only funny once and probably should've stayed a oneshot.
I'm From Japan however has a ton of flexibility, putting prefectures into fighting styles is great and means fans can get excited to see what their prefecture powers are and such. I hope it does well, I'd like to see what ideas it can come up with as it goes on.
I don't think viz will keep either of them though. Gag manga aren't really their thing.
David's gag premise already feels old despite it being 1 short chapter, I know they want a new crude manga with Gintama gone but the main gimmick outside of the pee jokes (being classic sculptures) strikes me as something that's only funny once and probably should've stayed a oneshot.
I'm From Japan however has a ton of flexibility, putting prefectures into fighting styles is great and means fans can get excited to see what their prefecture powers are and such. I hope it does well, I'd like to see what ideas it can come up with as it goes on.
I don't think viz will keep either of them though. Gag manga aren't really their thing.


