Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,553
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I heard Jump Force beta is coming soon. Can it be datamined and then entire roster being revealed? lol
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I dont know if theyd really have the data for the full roster in the game in an october open beta, for a game releasing in february of next year.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
The Black Clover game looks closer to being a Hero Shooter than your typical Arena fighter to me. At least from the character trailers I watched.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I will say that Black Clover games looks fun.

Red Dead Redemtpion 2 and Black Ops 4 should be afraid.


Yeah, yeah, my mistake... Its Nemesis162, sorry.

Internet is a small place, i'm there too.
Yeah, I saw you sometimes with the Tokyo Ghoul avatar haha
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Act Age Mangaka drawing Samon-kun wa summoner
Her artstyle is so good. I love it.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
The pain from the manga getting axed wasn't enough, I see. Sure, just keep on hurting me this way ;_;
 

LuckyJim

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2018
Messages
326
Reaction score
366
Age
30
Country
Buy Moria
Shiro Usazaki certainly has good taste in manga. I actually remember seeing fanart of Samon the Summoner (mostly Tesshi) in her art style, but I didn't know it was her until recently.
The pain from the manga getting axed wasn't enough, I see. Sure, just keep on hurting me this way ;_;
Yeah, it's tough. I'm still hoping Shun Numa comes back with a big hit, but it is a shame that we don't get to see more of Samon.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
The trailer is coming tonight because there is a whole panel dedicated to Jump Force in TGS where also the the director and other important figures will be there to discuss the game.
As for Yu Yu Hakusho, if you look real close at one of Killua's pictures in the game it looks like he is attacking a character that greatly resembles Toguro. Also new maps will be revealed in the panel tonight where one of them is Japan (from the looks of it it's kind of a Kyoto-esq environment). You can see glimpses of the Japanese map in the HxH and Yugi pictures.
Lastly, Bandai on twitter was teasing Viz media about JoJo being in Jump force so that could also be revealed tonight (or at worst in jump fiesta, but I honestly don't think it will take that long for JoJo characters)
Along the current roster, if we get Hokuto no ken, Kenshin, Yu Yu hakusho, D.Gray man and Toriko characters I would be very happy (I'd love for Sakigake and Kinnikuman characters to be in the game but the chances of that happening seem very slim at the moment)
Idk, I feel like there won't be Toriko. Jump Force is really catering towards the west and Toriko isn't even that popular in the west. This applies more so with Kinnikuman.

Kinnikuman would've been awesome. I would love to have Akuma shogun as a playable character.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Idk, I feel like there won't be Toriko. Jump Force is really catering towards the west and Toriko isn't even that popular in the west. This applies more so with Kinnikuman.
People keep saying this, but they can’t just ignore the Japanese side of things, because it’s still where they’ll likely get the majority of their sales from. Heck, aside from what’s already been added, there are only a handful of other series that you can even say are popular in the west in the first place.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
How the hell HxH already have 5 characters though, are we gonna end up with a huge roster?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
The entirety of the Toriko manga is available in English, sure it wasn't a huge success but it was at least a major mainstay in Viz Jump. And Kinnikuman is relatively well known depending on the country (at least for the toys localised as M.U.S.C.L.E.).

J-stars had 39 playable characters for comparison so I imagine we'll get a roster of a similar size or a bit more. I'm also think we may see less series total than J-stars but more per series on average.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The entirety of the Toriko manga is available in English, sure it wasn't a huge success but it was at least a major mainstay in Viz Jump. And Kinnikuman is relatively well known depending on the country (at least for the toys localised as M.U.S.C.L.E.).

J-stars had 39 playable characters for comparison so I imagine we'll get a roster of a similar size or a bit more. I'm also think we may see less series total than J-stars but more per series on average.
Are past rossters useful? I was sure FighterZ has way less than most previous game rosters forexample.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
FighterZ is a completely different style of fighting game from a different company than previous DBZ games, Jump Force is by the same guys as J-stars and looks to play pretty similarly.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I don't know what is about him but I want Jinou to be the meme character of HZ in the same way Krone was in Neverland.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
He sure is popular within the fandom, being 2nd place in the popularity poll and all, and he sure have some meme worthy faces XD
If part 2 of the manga gets to be animated, he can probably become even more popular within newcomers
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top