Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
I feel like Young Jump has really been burning through new series this year. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like they've started a ton of new series this year
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
There’s been like what, 13 this year so far? That does feel like a lot, yeah. Only two more than Weekly Shonen Jump, mind, and when you account for Bokura wa Mahou Shounen and Good Job being irregular and that Kaguya-sama 4-koma being tiny as heck it’s not too bad.
Still, really drives home how many series Shueisha churns through on the regular
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
There’s been like what, 13 this year so far? That does feel like a lot, yeah. Only two more than Weekly Shonen Jump, mind, and when you account for Bokura wa Mahou Shounen and Good Job being irregular and that Kaguya-sama 4-koma being tiny as heck it’s not too bad.
Still, really drives home how many series Shueisha churns through on the regular
Maybe it just feels like more since a good handful of their series are absent from each particular issue. Still, it seems like they might add another 1 or 2 before the year ends
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe it just feels like more since a good handful of their series are absent from each particular issue. Still, it seems like they might add another 1 or 2 before the year ends
I wouldn’t be surprised. I just hope the ones we’ve got right now have a chance to grow before death/moving online.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Kaguya anime is A1
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Kaguya staff:
Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama
Series Composition: Yasuhiro Nakanishi
Character Design: Yuko Yahiro
Music: Kei Haneoka
Studio: A-1 Pictures
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Director of Rakugou huh. That's great. Staff looks solid.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Rakugou was great but Grancrest Senki was a mess. I will lower my expectations for the Kaguya anime.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia

I was waiting for the OP finally get to hear a little bit of it.
 

Vizard

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
5,249
Reaction score
22,088
Country
Genosha
#43 Cover:

 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Just found out the Golden Kamuy ova covers the Barato arc which was skipped in the anime

a nice gesture from Geno, I know have been giving them a lot of hate over the CGI Bears but personally I think the adaptation have been fantastic
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Just found out the Golden Kamuy ova covers the Barato arc which was skipped in the anime

a nice gesture from Geno, I know have been giving them a lot of hate over the CGI Bears but personally I think the adaptation have been fantastic
Yeah, have been reading the manga myself and was surprised how it included practically everything despite the fast pace at which it was adapating it.
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain

I was waiting for the OP finally get to hear a little bit of it.
Nice PV!

Well, well, in this next season they're covering up until volume 8 (at least)....
 

Reigen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
290
Age
29
Country
Morocco
I won't call it a fantastic adaptation when they didn't include Sugimoto and Umeko's past and kept skipping every scene Umeko appears in.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Bit of a random question, but is there any romance in Golden Kamuy? I've only briefly looked into it since I've seen so many people on here talking it up. I'm not too into action/adventure/battle stuff on its own, but if it has a good comedy or romance element to it, I can usually enjoy it
 

Reigen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
290
Age
29
Country
Morocco
Nice PV!

Well, well, in this next season they're covering up until volume 8 (at least)....
They aldready started adapting volume 8 in season 1 final episode and you can see Koito in the PV (he first appeared in volume 10).
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
They aldready started adapting volume 8 in season 1 final episode and you can see Koito in the PV (he first appeared in volume 10).
I'm so used to see him in the current arc that I didn't notice that it'll be introduced in this new season. :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top