| Page 78 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

• Gildarts & Zeref

• Acnologia

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm keen to fight for KnB in the Manga Wars. It's a little less popular than chances of winning would like due to it being a Sports manga, but I think I can really bring out the best in this little gem.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I'm keen to fight for KnB in the Manga Wars. It's a little less popular than chances of winning would like due to it being a Sports manga, but I think I can really bring out the best in this little gem.
Oh right, you nominated KnB! :zomg
I haven't read the manga but the anime seems to be faithful to the manga, no? You might get my vote here and there as long as KnB is not up against the likes of TPN. : ) In any case, I wish you good luck. It would be great to see KnB advance as much as possible. I'm currently in KnB-hype mode as you can see. :akashi:aomine

Which is your favorite character, team, match, and ability?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Spirit's Favourite:
- Character: Tetsu or Hyuga
- Team: It's a shake up between Seirin and Shutako. Seirin because it has the best chemistry between its players, and Shutako for the same kind of chemistry to a lesser extent.
- Ability: This is a tough one. I really liked Kuroko's Vanishing Drive, but Perfect Copy is just awesome in every conceivable way. Maybe the Zone, when it's used well, such as when Kagami uses it for the first time to have an intense one on one with Aomine.

Reactions: syx

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Holy shit syx, your post is amazing :lmao Wanna write a lot more, will do when I have time. You‘re great :zomg

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Holy shit syx, your post is amazing :lmao Wanna write a lot more, will do when I have time. You‘re great :zomg
That avy <3 GO GET THEM ALL, GRY!

SHOW THEM NO MERCY! We have canon proof that it doesn't go well with Aguero. :lmao

This KnB talk...

Time for some real quality

Which reminds me, did you watch Houseki no Kuni? @syx
When niichan subtly shits on KnB, but posts a gorgeous Jibril-in-the-Zone picture. :lmao

That Kimetsu piece. :wtf The left one was my favorite character I think. That was the guy who was introduced in the very beginning right?
And the right one was cool too... :nomoar was...

Misaka <3

I dropped HnK after the first or second episode. The CGI stuff didn't appeal to me. I liked that green haired chicked though. But overall, it wasn't promising enough for me to continue. : /

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Oka @syx I have checked your MAL since I had the time for it. When I checked your manga list, it was really... really.. REALLY.... less. Not to my expectations, I expected more somehow. I went from checking to your manga list (I checked the whole thing from watching to plan to watch) with this face:

To this face:

Pretty much a ''what in the world am I looking at?'' It didn't felt Syx like to me when I was looking at it.

HOWEVER! I reminded myself that you are more of an anime watcher then a reader. The list speaks for itself, so... I went to your anime list. Now THAT just made everything in the universe balance again.

So that made me go to this face:

Everything was all balanced again. Mother nature was calming down. The storm was over. After that I went suddenly to this face:

I should have think about that as first though, so yeah. Anyway, after I checked your whole lists its time to recommend Syx some mangas to upgrade his manga list. Perhaps you still have to update it but I can't smell that from here so there's that. Anyway, it made me go with this face:

Time to give Syx-kun some recommendations!

Tldr: Currently the mangas that comes up in my mind that I would recommend you are:

• Umineko
  • Pandora Hearts = Shounen, Mystery, Dark Fantasy, adventure manga
  • Katekyo Hitman Reborn = Shounen, Action, adventure, comedy manga
  • A Trial of Blood (Chi No Wadachi) = Seinen, Drama, Psychological

Those are the three I will currently recommend you since they just popped up in my mind as first. There are plenty more I can recommend but lets take it easy. Pandora Hearts (as I stated before) is a finished manga, same counts for Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Chi No Wadachi is an going manga. See if they are interesting for you and then I will hear your though about it if you feel like picking them up.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Oka @syx I have checked your MAL since I had the time for it. When I checked your manga list, it was really... really.. REALLY.... less. Not to my expectations, I expected more somehow. I went from checking to your manga list (I checked the whole thing from watching to plan to watch) with this face:

To this face:

Pretty much a ''what in the world am I looking at?'' It didn't felt Syx like to me when I was looking at it.

HOWEVER! I reminded myself that you are more of an anime watcher then a reader. The list speaks for itself, so... I went to your anime list. Now THAT just made everything in the universe balance again.

So that made me go to this face:

Everything was all balanced again. Mother nature was calming down. The storm was over. After that I went suddenly to this face:

I should have think about that as first though, so yeah. Anyway, after I checked your whole lists its time to recommend Syx some mangas to upgrade his manga list. Perhaps you still have to update it but I can't smell that from here so there's that. Anyway, it made me go with this face:

Time to give Syx-kun some recommendations!

Tldr: Currently the mangas that comes up in my mind that I would recommend you are:

• Umineko
  • Pandora Hearts = Shounen, Mystery, Dark Fantasy, adventure manga
  • Katekyo Hitman Reborn = Shounen, Action, adventure, comedy manga
  • A Trial of Blood (Chi No Wadachi) = Seinen, Drama, Psychological

Those are the three I will currently recommend you since they just popped up in my mind as first. There are plenty more I can recommend but lets take it easy. Pandora Hearts (as I stated before) is a finished manga, same counts for Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Chi No Wadachi is an going manga. See if they are interesting for you and then I will hear your though about it if you feel like picking them up.
My anime/manga list sure has to be a blast for making Purity-chan give so many different expressions and emotions. :zomg

Mind telling me what irked you the most in my list? :lmao

I feel like picking up Pandora Hearts next. The genres are to my likings. :zomg

Thank you a lot, Purity-chan. :worship

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Whatever you do, don't pick up KHR... that's not your thing, definitely. Not to mention it's not much of a good manga, really. It had some appeal back when it was serialized but no, you really shouldn't waste your time with that one.

I think I can see why Magi might like it, or like parts of it, but trust me when I say this isn't for you.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Whatever you do, don't pick up KHR... that's not your thing, definitely. Not to mention it's not much of a good manga, really. It had some appeal back when it was serialized but no, you really shouldn't waste your time with that one.

I think I can see why Magi might like it, or like parts of it, but trust me when I say this isn't for you.
Are you talking about that ending? Okay, I can certainly agree with that. Perhaps you are right. I kinda forgot about that one. xD

Okay, Syx replace KHR for DGM (D.Gray-Man)... is what I wanted to say however the thing is.. are you ready for a hiatus? Since the author has a disease and we are already glad if we get a chapter once in the 10 months however the story in itself is so nice imho and I actually think you will like that one also.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Are you talking about that ending? Okay, I can certainly agree with that. Perhaps you are right. I kinda forgot about that one. xD

Okay, Syx replace KHR for DGM (D.Gray-Man)... is what I wanted to say however the thing is.. are you ready for a hiatus? Since the author has a disease and we are already glad if we get a chapter once in the 10 months however the story in itself is so nice imho and I actually think you will like that one also.
DGM always piqued my interest, but I feel extremely uncomfortable to pick up a series which is victim to hiatuses regardless of the reasons. :darn

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
That avy <3 GO GET THEM ALL, GRY!

SHOW THEM NO MERCY! We have canon proof that it doesn't go well with Aguero. :lmao

When niichan subtly shits on KnB, but posts a gorgeous Jibril-in-the-Zone picture. :lmao

That Kimetsu piece. :wtf The left one was my favorite character I think. That was the guy who was introduced in the very beginning right?
And the right one was cool too... :nomoar was...

Misaka <3

I dropped HnK after the first or second episode. The CGI stuff didn't appeal to me. I liked that green haired chicked though. But overall, it wasn't promising enough for me to continue. : /

But HnK was so so great
maybe give it a try again, (dont feel forced though) ? after the 1st/2nd episode youll get used to the cgi which is no way bad at all compared to other animes. its really a great anime, imo

some hnk art ♥ (dont hate me syx-kun, but i love so much this anime)

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
But HnK was so so great
maybe give it a try again, (dont feel forced though) ? after the 1st/2nd episode youll get used to the cgi which is no way bad at all compared to other animes. its really a great anime, imo

Oh god, that Ray in a skirt picture feels so wrong and right on so many levels at the same time. <3

In regards to HnK, I have to admit that I kinda regret not trying more episodes since it seems very well received. And niichan already started to mock me because I dropped it. :rolleyes: Let's see how many anime series I will watch in the next season. Depending on the number, I might consider to give HnK another try. >.>

By the way, I welcome any beautiful picture regardless of the series or character. Didn't I say that already? Keep them coming! :blush

@GrySun
isn't this picture on spot? :lmao

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
First, those OVA scenes, thanks for reminding of some feel-good stuff syx :wtf

You have to link me the tracks you liked, please. I don't know which you mean. : )

The video consists of two songs, the one I mean is the 2nd one playing at half time, but first one is also a good one. The 2nd one is Aomine‘s theme for season 2 :awe He also has a pretty cool theme for season 1, but it‘s more of a mysterious othan an action theme.
Then two other favorites of mine are:

@GrySun

That KnB movie was hilarious. :lmao But I was honestly annoyed at how Jabberwock was presented. I don't ask for likeable antagonists or some deep characterization, especially not in a movie, but this was really over the top. They basically did everything in their might to let the audience hate Jabberwock. And I don't think this was necessary but whatever. It was also -as expected - your run of the mill plot. Other than that, the movie delivered awesome tracks, sick animation, the GoMs together, and a flashy match. I also liked that Kuroko and Kagami didn't get the spotlight that much. I quite don't understand why Aomine - after being completely absent in S3 - didn't get some individual time to shine like Midorima, Atsuhi, Kise or Akashi. It kinda felt like he was cast aside, even though he played throughout the whole game and he was literally everywhere and at any time. Compared to the GoMs I mentioned, he got the least love.

Kise in the Zone with Perfect Copy was just lol. That's some godlike shit there. It was an eye candy for sure, but I would have preferred if his Perfect Copy had been his Zone Mode. At least, he ran out of stamina pretty fast (Kagami anyone?), so I can bear with it somehow. By the way, the GoMs really won against an established team such as Jabberwock with only one week training together? :oh Not that I mind though since the movie denied me to feel anything positive towards Jabberwock. Also, what are the names of the other Jabberwock players? I know Nash and Silver... the others were non-existent. :fail And why couldn't they come up with different abilities for Jabberwock Nash? Akashi gets an Emperor Eye, Kise gets an Emperor Eye, Kuroko gets an Emperor Eye, Nash gets an Emperor Eye, everyone gets an Emperor Eye. :lmao On the other hand, there were lots of great moments (see screenshots below). The emphasis on teamwork was done very well. Aomine x Kise combo was superb, just like Akashi x Midorima. <3 The movie would have been way better if they had not these Jabberwock pricks as antagonists.

Behold, GrySun... here comes nostalgia for you again: :zomg

Kuroko :lmao

That dribbling <3

Strky... :nomoar

Great stills, tfw you know Jabberwock made a big mistake. :lmao

We are americans, we are the bad bad bad people... :fail

Akashi <3 It's just a practice match for him. :lmao

Akashi :kukuku

That engrish, hahahahahhahaa.

ezpz, gitgud you pseudo street basketball players... BEHOLD THE FATHER OF STREET BASKETBALL AOMINE DAIKI!

Mido <3

Aomine pumped up <3

Akashi already planning the win <3

This was wonderful, just wonderful!

At this point, I knew what was coming. :lmao So obvious....

More like the strongest player in the world, if we want to exaggerate, haha.

This was epic. EPIC!

:wtf Akashi best captain! <3

ABSOLUTE!

:lmao

Pretty much this.

#getrekt

Ankle Breaker 4tw <3

These chills....

ANKLE BREAKER! AKASHI <3.... oh wait... :nomoar
It's always funny to see characters taking their own medicine, even if it's your favorite character :lmao

Literally this! It was so weird seeing Akashi getting ankle breaked... :kukuku

Aomine is love...

...Aomine is life.

P...P...P...P...P...PENTAKILL!!!!

:lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh ma gad, I need dem translations! I got freaking goosebumps just by looking at the Isabella comics. Makes me want her show up more and more in the manga. :nomoar

And that Halloween piece is so funny, in my opinion, Isabella has the best costume out of all. :kukuku :plot

Musica <3 :hurr
Love that you enjoyed the movie, and that you also loved all those scenes. Even Midorima who you dislike you still liked his moments. The movie really does try to let the 5 GoM and Kuroko + Kagami all have their moments of shine. Aomine sadly didn‘t have as much scenes as he deserved, but he‘s the only player who played all the 40 minutes of the game. Even Akashi got subbed out at some time, and all other players too, but Aomine stayed all game. They obviously know who they can‘t afford to bench :awe Prolly making all those off screen points for Vorpal Swords.
Kise combining zone and perfect copy to become the best player in the world is cool, but.. there‘s little point to it since he doesn‘t even last a minute until he collapses :XD So despite that powerup he still isn‘t Aomine and Akashi tier. Midorima didn‘t really do anything new, but he already does what he does well perfectly enough. Murasakibara stepped it up and was overpowering and outplaying Silver without any zone, just being good and strong, but then got hurt..
And yeah, emperor eye for everyone :lmao And then Nash‘s one can see every player on the court, then Akashi BSes that by seeing ever further into the future. Idk :catshrug Could‘ve been better ways to do cool stuff than basically pull something even worse than Zone 2.0 of the Seirin Rakuzan game. But oh well, it was entertaining enough.

Jabberwock were also cookie cutter assholes as you said, and 3 were nameless(but it‘s a movie with limited time).

Glad you enjoyed, that you love Aomine too now :awe And can feel for why I spam his gifs and :aomine now :rolleyes:

And those screencaps are great, reminding me of the cool scenes :zomg Thanks syx!
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Got my vote for sure :nod
Oh right, you nominated KnB! :zomg
I haven't read the manga but the anime seems to be faithful to the manga, no? You might get my vote here and there as long as KnB is not up against the likes of TPN. : ) In any case, I wish you good luck. It would be great to see KnB advance as much as possible. I'm currently in KnB-hype mode as you can see. :akashi:aomine

Which is your favorite character, team, match, and ability?
Anime is almost perfect adaptation, they only messed up with those 4 episodes of flashbacks in season 3 and cut off a lot of stuff, but they had limited episodes so can‘t be helped I guess. Other than that perfect adaptation.
Oh god, that Ray in a skirt picture feels so wrong and right on so many levels at the same time. <3

In regards to HnK, I have to admit that I kinda regret not trying more episodes since it seems very well received. And niichan already started to mock me because I dropped it. :rolleyes: Let's see how many anime series I will watch in the next season. Depending on the number, I might consider to give HnK another try. >.>

By the way, I welcome any beautiful picture regardless of the series or character. Didn't I say that already? Keep them coming! :blush

@GrySun
isn't this picture on spot? :lmao
And this pic is so adorable :blush

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
First, those OVA scenes, thanks for reminding of some feel-good stuff syx :wtf

The video consists of two songs, the one I mean is the 2nd one playing at half time, but first one is also a good one. The 2nd one is Aomine‘s theme for season 2 :awe He also has a pretty cool theme for season 1, but it‘s more of a mysterious othan an action theme.
Then two other favorites of mine are:

Love that you enjoyed the movie, and that you also loved all those scenes. Even Midorima who you dislike you still liked his moments. The movie really does try to let the 5 GoM and Kuroko + Kagami all have their moments of shine. Aomine sadly didn‘t have as much scenes as he deserved, but he‘s the only player who played all the 40 minutes of the game. Even Akashi got subbed out at some time, and all other players too, but Aomine stayed all game. They obviously know who they can‘t afford to bench :awe Prolly making all those off screen points for Vorpal Swords.
Kise combining zone and perfect copy to become the best player in the world is cool, but.. there‘s little point to it since he doesn‘t even last a minute until he collapses :XD So despite that powerup he still isn‘t Aomine and Akashi tier. Midorima didn‘t really do anything new, but he already does what he does well perfectly enough. Murasakibara stepped it up and was overpowering and outplaying Silver without any zone, just being good and strong, but then got hurt..
And yeah, emperor eye for everyone :lmao And then Nash‘s one can see every player on the court, then Akashi BSes that by seeing ever further into the future. Idk :catshrug Could‘ve been better ways to do cool stuff than basically pull something even worse than Zone 2.0 of the Seirin Rakuzan game. But oh well, it was entertaining enough.

Jabberwock were also cookie cutter assholes as you said, and 3 were nameless(but it‘s a movie with limited time).

Glad you enjoyed, that you love Aomine too now :awe And can feel for why I spam his gifs and :aomine now :rolleyes:

And those screencaps are great, reminding me of the cool scenes :zomg Thanks syx!

Got my vote for sure :nod

Anime is almost perfect adaptation, they only messed up with those 4 episodes of flashbacks in season 3 and cut off a lot of stuff, but they had limited episodes so can‘t be helped I guess. Other than that perfect adaptation.

And this pic is so adorable :blush
Gyakushuu is the best :hee

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
DGM always piqued my interest, but I feel extremely uncomfortable to pick up a series which is victim to hiatuses regardless of the reasons. :darn
For me DGM is a manga that I followed since the very start, so I am quite a loyal reader. However I definitely can understand you! I did that with Nana (or else Farfosh would kill me 'cuz I promised to read it and MW trauma for her =3=) and being very well aware that there won't be a new chapter. So.. that was kinda.... hmmmm... and I wouldn't prolly do it again if someone would recommend me a manga that is on a very long hiatus.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear your opinion on PH. That manga is really worth the time and truly wonderful in all kind of ways. The way the artist handled things in her story is really well connected not to mention her improvement in art is really magnificent. One of the best arts (and coloring) that I have seen in a manga. Also as I said before, it might start confusing for you in the beginning however before you know it all the dots will be connected and the ending will not be a disappointment, I can assure you that! Also I forgot to mention that romance does also play a part (not much but you will definitely see it yourself) but I guess that's mostly a normal thing. xD There is more I can possible recommend you but lets see what you will find about this manga. So I hope you will like it! :'D

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You know, D.Gray-man is another manga I certainly wouldn't recommend, because it has turned into an unreadable mess after leaving the WSJ magazine (meaning since it turned monthly)... though long long ago it was one of my favourite manga, and it's a shame what the series turned into. Prolly the author getting sick again and again is to blame, but I'm only still reading this because of some nostalgic attachment. Another "please don't touch this syx" message from me :XD please don't hate me magu

Yes the last arc especially was just bad, let's not even talk about the ending... but the series never was particularly great in my eyes. I loathed how Tsuna and co NEVER CHANGED, character development basically didn't exist. Not to say the show hasn't had its great or cool moments, but overall I think it's fairly average...

Have this D.Gray-man log as an apology, I think the pics are pretty great: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=70837564

But HnK was so so great

oh god thank you Erin for changing syx's mind :wtf

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
You know, D.Gray-man is another manga I certainly wouldn't recommend, because it has turned into an unreadable mess after leaving the WSJ magazine (meaning since it turned monthly)... though long long ago it was one of my favourite manga, and it's a shame what the series turned into. Prolly the author getting sick again and again is to blame, but I'm only still reading this because of some nostalgic attachment. Another "please don't touch this syx" message from me :XD please don't hate me magu
Monthly? More like yearly xD

Well in its current state, its not really the most ''clearest'' manga to read at the moment however I wouldn't call it necessary a mess per se when it left the magazine just look it from this pov even if it wouldn't leave it, it would still come in the current state that it is regardless 'cuz of the authors sickness however I can't really blame her, she is just unlucky and yet she is trying so hard to make the best out of it. Seems like a really hard position for her and I must say that she is still doing a really good job for that and especially the improvement in her art like holy freaking god. Its a bit of a shame since DGM had one of the best potentials to be a great manga (which it still is in my eyes but the pacing is actually mostly the problem right now..).

A year ago I started rereading the manga again when the new chap came just to refresh my memories (I moslty do that when I follow a manga thats on Hiatus or when I loved a story so much that I felt like to reread it again) and honestly, most things are quite well connected but the things that does bother me is the pacing obvious (I am pretty certain thats the whole main problem which makes some things really looking confusing because there are still yet things that have to be answered. At least it is going into that direction however its not enough at the moment and this current arc isn't really helping either '-') and the Mana-Neah thing. The split personality would kinda explain things however I need more then that so I kind of consider that as a plothole and of course our wonderful friend, Apocryphos and the heart Innocence, and lets not forget about 34 years ago with the whole betrayal and why Road is so attached to Neah after all, what makes him so precious for him? Why can't Tyki remember Neah? Pretty much the Noah's ''history betrayal'' situation, and of course bookman connection with the Noah's. But yeah those still have yet to be answered so who knows when we will get that. xD Also when I was also rereading it back the author foreshadowed actually quite some things in the early stage of the manga which some things already happened what I really liked since it made me think about a few different possibilies that could possible happen and thats one thing what I did adore about DGM.

Well Syx already stated he won't read mangas that are on hiatus so he wouldn't touch it regardless and I understand him fully however if that wouldn't be the case, I would still recommend him DGM. If we put the things aside that we mentioned, the story itself is still great to read imo but its neglected mostly 'cuz of its pacing and the hiatus, and those are the things that makes it look like a mess since we.. get.. a fucking.. chapter.. one.. per.. year so some current things look like plotholes but we have still yet to get an answer on those which she seems to work on but yeah.. kinda hard atm. xd And don't worry I won't hate you but I can't guarantee if @Erinyes will tho. =3=/
Y
Have this D.Gray-man log as an apology, I think the pics are pretty great: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=70837564
=O Those arts are really nice, I haven't seen them before. That's some nice coloring the artist did there. Man.. I am starting to miss DGM..... again. T_T

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
@syx

These damn machines are such a scam. Tried more times to get my Aomine towel than I'd like to admit :emocat A dangerous place for people with gambling problems. Hard to let the Aomine towel go, but can't get it :XD

Had these too

Japan has all sorts of different machines to play for prizes, and each is more of a scam than the previous one. There's only one type of machine that's actually doable, some timing press with trying to stop a light on the correct spot, short window but doable. But sadly only few things are prizes on those...