I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
It was! Well I didn't bother putting in the details for the sake of getting to the point, but I was highkey vibrating for 2 days. I did have medical treatment before so it wasn't unfounded entirely but this kind of thing would obviously be noticed.
In a psychological sense, its some kind of Freudian slip. I didn't think I was going to die soon, but yeah, dying quicker? It's really hard to say sometimes if I'm really depressed or just slipping under pressure, but I definitely got tricked into reevaluating.
I was looking at two massive piles of books and files of uni and work, chats running, videos playing, my chart in spss crashing, my phone flickering on and off.. Before I went to sleep, when I was really oof about it to say the least, I swear time was moving so slowly I could see it.
..
LOL I'll take this experience seriously and and try make proper lifestyle adjustments. It's not like I wasn't going to already.. But I guess really should now.
Now that I'm not dying I can focus on this again haha
I wanted to believe it was true myself, too (kind of)
Perhaps it means we should just stop wishing to be in a team together... Every time there's been a recruiting attempt, it's brought nothing but grief on both of us. It's just not meant to be
Perhaps it means we should just stop wishing to be in a team together... Every time there's been a recruiting attempt, it's brought nothing but grief on both of us. It's just not meant to be