Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Btw no big news for Dr Stone in #45
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Act-Age is ending next issue?

Edit: Never mind, false alarm.
 
Last edited:

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan

Yomikiri = oneshot
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
yomikiri means oneshot

didn't read/watch Bakuman?
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yomikiri means oneshot

didn't read/watch Bakuman?
I did. My friend is the one who translated and insisted it meant that. I just informed him what you guys said.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Look at I'm Japan placement on it 3rd chapter. Looks like it's the new Lycopene
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Rocket Butt is JUSTICE
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
44
相撲
鬼滅
ワンピ
アクタC
ネバラン
呪術
ミストの怪剖録C
ヒロアカ
ブラクロC
勉強
ハンタ
ダビデ
ストーン
ハイキュー
ゆらぎ
ソーマ
アリス
田中
ジモト

45
巻頭、ストーン
センター、アクタ、読切
読切、SMART DEBU(内山貴)プリンプリン吉田の華麗なる人生(安道じょうけい)マタギと学生(長田憲之介)
※赤塚賞準入選ギャグ3作品、合体カラー扉
Hey what the heck?
 

PluemBNK48

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
90
Reaction score
283
Age
28
Country
Thailand
This issue
Seji Tanaka chapter 14
Alice & Taijou chapter 13
It will get axed in 2 volume
Volume 1 chapter 1-7
Volume 2 chapter 8-16
So,we will get the new round in a few weeks
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Saw the MHA movie last night. Won’t speak much on the movie itself since this isn’t the thread.

But was shocked to see the theater sold out. With the rest of the week seemingly sold out as well.
MHA is influenced by American comics so it's no surprise that it's popular there. JoJo has inspiration from western cultures (more so western than America) but either way both MHA/JoJo are popular with the western audience and it's not much of a surprise. I think they are the most mainstream shonens atm.

I'm surprised that every character in the movie is white from the trailer. Does Horikoshi think Americans are all white? I know its an anime at the end of the day but if you're going out of your way to show another country, you should do some "research".
Usually by season 3, series are usually worn out and start to decline. Luckily for MHA, season 3 was it's best season, story wise which meant it's buzz would only go up.
I'm hoping the buzz continues and it actually starts getting 1 million first prints for the new volumes.
I have a hard time agreeing that it's the best season. Season 2 was far better, I enjoyed the sports festival & stain arc a lot. I would say that S2 surpassed the hype that the fans were giving it. The sports festival is my fav tournament arc in shonen and Deku vs Todoroki was amazing. It was definitely a better fight than All Might VS AFO, which was really overhyped/overrated. I found that fight to be pretty meh. Everything before the all might vs AFO battle was still good though, not as good as S2.

S2 >> S3 > S1 IMO, my opinion is pretty unpopular on that lol

Anyway just because I disagree with S3 being the best season, I'm still happy for MHA.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
MHA is influenced by American comics so it's no surprise that it's popular there. JoJo has inspiration from western cultures (more so western than America) but either way both MHA/JoJo are popular with the western audience and it's not much of a surprise. I think they are the most mainstream shonens atm.

I'm surprised that every character in the movie is white from the trailer. Does Horikoshi think Americans are all white? I know its an anime at the end of the day but if you're going out of your way to show another country, you should do some "research".

I have a hard time agreeing that it's the best season. Season 2 was far better, I enjoyed the sports festival & stain arc a lot. I would say that S2 surpassed the hype that the fans were giving it. The sports festival is my fav tournament arc in shonen and Deku vs Todoroki was amazing. It was definitely a better fight than All Might VS AFO, which was really overhyped/overrated. I found that fight to be pretty meh. Everything before the all might vs AFO battle was still good though, not as good as S2.

S2 >> S3 > S1 IMO, my opinion is pretty unpopular on that lol

Anyway just because I disagree with S3 being the best season, I'm still happy for MHA
.
Within the actual movie I saw a few black people in the crowds of extras
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top