Discussion - Shiki Granbell Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Shiki Granbell Discussion Thread

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
This is the official Shiki Granbell discussion thread

Tsukuyo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Shiki not much can be said about him yet, but he reminds me very much of Gray and Natsu in appearance, his personality seems similar to Natsu, but Shiki also seems more serious than Natsu.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shiki has more potential then Natsu. He is definitely more intelligent if naive, he has the chance to grow and mature. How he'll react to the darker elements of the world which are being hinted at will lead to a interesting shift in character.

Calbalacrab

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I remember never being too much in fairy tale due to Natsu and Lucy - didn’t like them at first.
But with Shiki is different, I find him cute funny and cool LOL.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm interested to see how he grows, especially because of the choice to give him gravity as an element. It's a power that requires some smart to be used to full effect. I can't wait to see him grow beyond smashing things.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm interested to see how he grows, especially because of the choice to give him gravity as an element. It's a power that requires some smart to be used to full effect. I can't wait to see him grow beyond smashing things.
Wonder if we'll see any black holes.

Jintohaku

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shiki seems to be more playful than natsu to me. Natsu had his ties with the guild and he worried about things like the guild image and whatnot (although he was the one wrecking it most of the time) But shiki doesn't have anything like that and he's experiencing a lot of things for the first time so I get a more child-like feel from him.

Talenel

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He's not as cool as Natsu in terms of abilities, design, goals, or personality. I hate his copy paste hair. I'll be glad to see him fleshed out more.

Am I the only person who has read the Stormlight Archive or just Way of Kings? His powers are clearly the Gravitation Surge which is cool because before Stormlight I had never seen a Gravity power used in such a way.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
He's not as cool as Natsu in terms of abilities, design, goals, or personality. I hate his copy paste hair. I'll be glad to see him fleshed out more.

Am I the only person who has read the Stormlight Archive or just Way of Kings? His powers are clearly the Gravitation Surge which is cool because before Stormlight I had never seen a Gravity power used in such a way.
Natsu's personality is one dimensional,Shiki barely started maybe he will be fleshed out more in near future.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States

His poowers are closer to that of Kat from Gravity Rush.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
His poowers are closer to that of Kat from Gravity Rush.
Possible.

Never even heard of this game thank you. That chick is also Surgebinding. So cool!
Have you read the manga
Soukyuu no Ariadne
/Ariadne in the blue sky by the author of Claymore which is continuing now.The MC there has Same abilities as Shiki,in fact i will not be surprised if Mashona was inspired from it.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Nobody thinks that Shiki is the Demon King reborn? The way he activates everything and how everyone treats him like he already is the king? And his memories are with a robot copy of the DK? Or even implanted (see Rave Master and FT for memory tampering). My idea is that the Demon king was a robot and wanted to be human. Mother rebirths him as Shiki. All his human friends and robot underlings know who he is and are waiting/watching out for him.

@Cat Sidhe26, @Arjuna

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Nobody thinks that Shiki is the Demon King reborn? The way he activates everything and how everyone treats him like he already is the king? And his memories are with a robot copy of the DK? Or even implanted (see Rave Master and FT for memory tampering). My idea is that the Demon king was a robot and wanted to be human. Mother rebirths him as Shiki. All his human friends and robot underlings know who he is and are waiting/watching out for him.
To add on to this, the first time Pino came out of the trunk, she said that she thought she had heard her master's voice. At first, we were convinced that was Weisz until later on it was revealed that Weisz wasn't the one who made her. It was the Demon King. That implies that the voice Pino heard and recognized was Shiki's, and not Weisz. Food for thought, no? :mono

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
To add on to this, the first time Pino came out of the trunk, she said that she thought she had heard her master's voice. At first, we were convinced that was Weisz until later on it was revealed that Weisz wasn't the one who made her. It was the Demon King. That implies that the voice Pino heard and recognized was Shiki's, and not Weisz. Food for thought, no? :mono
Elcy also probably knows since she was not only gave him the ship but also was so interested in observing him. And it would explain why he has seen mother before.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Time isn't fluid in this story. I wonder if everything we see was set up by future shiki who lost everyone due to not being prepared for the journey and the finale boss will be current shiki versus his failed future self. The finale obstacle to prove that he is in fact able to find mother and ensure his friends survival.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Elcy also probably knows since she was not only gave him the ship but also was so interested in observing him. And it would explain why he has seen mother before.
Correct me on this, but didn't Elcy also say the Demon King has never seen Mother?
How would that tie into current events?

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Correct me on this, but didn't Elcy also say the Demon King has never seen Mother?
How would that tie into current events?
I was just thinking about Elcy and this. You have a situation where the Demon King has never seen Mother but Shiki potentially has.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
To throw in my 2 cents about Shiki.

I really like him. More than Natsu so for sure. Which I don't mean in a "I hate Natsu" way. Because I liked Natsu. He was a straight forward hero. He just had a narrow emotional range. Like I never quite bought into Natsu during an emotional scene. It just felt like nothing around him effected deeply enough most of the time.

Shiki's is much more reactive and thoughtful. He's still got the childlike enthusiasm and fearlessness but he's also got an innate curiosity and an understanding of what's going on around him. Like in this last chapter. There was this moment where Witch referred to herself as an object. Shiki takes that moment seriously and insists to that she's not. Which triggers a conversation with Pino about whether androids can have hearts where he kneeled down explained that her feelings prove it to be so.

Now that may not seem like much but I love it because it shows consideration. He's not just reacting to something or saying "Evil things are bad.". It's telling me as a reader that this matters to him. This is something he thinks about. Which totally makes sense, he was raised by robots. Of course that would matter to him. And it's things like that which allow me to invest in him and his connection to those around him.

Last edited:

Mo Wei

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
China

WHAT?:derp

He has the power of gravity = essentially can do almost anything, Trashsu just fart or breathe fire:3c

He has goal is to travel the world = revealing the history of their universe, Trashsu find the dragon, he did not try to look for:cheez

Trashsu the most boring and poorly written character:teehee

P.s I guess you did not read the manga with your eyes:XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Cat Sidhe26, @Arjuna
This is complete nonsense because Dk and Shiki lived at the same time:notsure