Games Mafia Game 68 - World of Warcraft: End Game - Missing Night Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
So yesterday we already had 4 NVD's and it's not like one got added this night. That's at at least a good thing to know.
So Farf gave it to Gry, Magi to Gary and Asako to James which randomly gave it to Tak? so DD gave it to Demon. Trying to keep track of it,
That's almost correct:
- I gave it to Gry;
- DD gave it to Taku;
- Asako gave hers to James (-1);
- Magu gave hers to Gary;
We're missing who passed the disease to Demon. That would make it 5 curses if he isn't lying.

@Demonspeed mind to votelynch me now please to prove you have the disease?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@desin24 reveal role.

@Takuan reveal role

@Demonspeed reveal role

@Purity of Magi reveal role
Why you keep giving Lambu a pass now since Day 2 after that Day 1!?!?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Nvm Demon got it from James's death, the one Asako had. We gotta start stacking those bombs indeed. 5 is too much.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I don't see how this is overthinking. Overthinking in Mafia?? Since when do day 1 lynchings have a lot of cogent reasoning behind them?

I still see your extension as being without sound reasoning, You weren't even in danger yourself. Why risk doing that? Unless you just want to blame it on you being afk? Desin was in danger twice, Lambu saved him the first time, Vandred broke the tie again, and then you tied it up again with 2 minutes to go despite not really being active in the thread or aware of what was going on. Not sure how people should just be expected to ignore that.

At the risk of sounding like a fool later, I'm more and more of the mind that you and Desin are linked in some way. Having information that a Serial Killer is in this game after 3 people died on Night 1 doesn't make your Barkeeper claim fullproof. Like @Erinyes said, a Mafia Detective is a possibility.


Not avoiding questioning Lambu, we did exchange words. There's simply more to speculate on with Gry due to his claim. Lambu was the first person I brought up when I was going over the end of Day 1 again. By that time everyone was sure Vandred was SK so there's not much to look into as far as why Vandred did what he did. Gry voting to extend the day phase while not even being up to date of the thread really stood out to me, that's all.
Yes you can overthink in mafia. See your Mafia Bomb hysteria last phase as an example. It already got people panicked instead of talking about themselves and their roles, so it was detrimental to us.

We have had games with reasonable day 1 lynches, don‘t act like it‘s always random. Someone either acts weird or makes a small mistake people pick up on, as it happened with Spirit.

It‘s not about me being in danger myself, like it looks to you being your #1 concern for some reason.. It‘s about making sure we lynch the right person. And I was confused at those random mass votes and saw it as something I gotta prevent.

Don‘t get me wrong, desin could easily still be mafia or third party, I don‘t know. We have Farf’s innocent result on him but that doesn’t mean anything, especially with her maybe being redirected by DD. But at the time it just looked like random votes piling onto two random players, and when town I don‘t like to gamble like that. We lynched too many dets and docs on Day1‘s for me to apply your strategy of not caring who it gets unless it‘s me.
Also, why not tag and ask desin things if he‘s your main suspect? You went through all of D2 not asking him for anything or pressuring him, and seem to be doing that with D3 too. Yet you still voted him at the end of D2... Idk Gary but your attention seems very weirdly spread.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Cute, but stop trying to make LadySun2018 happen. It's not gonna happen. :awe
You could have just as well slaughtered her with your bar action. Unless you're the mafia det and went for her head straight.
Your love isn‘t even playing MG with you :nono
Wait I thought I was Mafia Det who got the SK N1, now you say I got Pom’s Doc role on N1. Which one is it now?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Didn't James said he would go for Spriggan? The possiblity that James got blocked could be possible but I honestly do not see what they gain from that?
The idea is that, if Spriggan is really town they wouldn‘t block James. But if he‘s mafia and they knew he‘d blow him up, they‘d block James.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
well asako me and farfalla were non voter disease, vandread died before he could pass it. So that leaves evil and magi.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

oh.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Mafia is laughing at us, even though we got rid of two third parties in the day phase we are still in a bad position.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
@desin24 reveal role.

@Takuan reveal role

@Demonspeed reveal role

@Purity of Magi reveal role
Can I ask why you tagged those 4 but not others like Holt, xi0, Evil, EmptySoul, Hardy and Erin? You don‘t mind those not revealing their role, especially xi0 who hasn‘t said a word on himself yet?
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,649
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Can I ask why you tagged those 4 but not others like Holt, xi0, Evil, EmptySoul, Hardy and Erin? You don‘t mind those not revealing their role, especially xi0 who hasn‘t said a word on himself yet?
they were the ones online at that moment, desin and takuan are reading the thread even.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
vote kill xi0
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
That's almost correct:
- I gave it to Gry;
- DD gave it to Taku;
- Asako gave hers to James (-1);
- Magu gave hers to Gary;
We're missing who passed the disease to Demon. That would make it 5 curses if he isn't lying.

@Demonspeed mind to votelynch me now please to prove you have the disease?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why you keep giving Lambu a pass now since Day 2 after that Day 1!?!?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Nvm Demon got it from James's death, the one Asako had. We gotta start stacking those bombs indeed. 5 is too much.
We should have all the NVD claims try a votekill to confirm it. But I think Asako‘s one to James got randomly given to a player, so think that‘s how Demon has it. Afaik rules say that if your target for passing on dies the same night the hosts will random someone for it.

Will !votekill Emperor Spriggan just to show that I can‘t vote.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Can I ask why you tagged those 4 but not others like Holt, xi0, Evil, EmptySoul, Hardy and Erin? You don‘t mind those not revealing their role, especially xi0 who hasn‘t said a word on himself yet?
And I forgot Lambu too lol. Slowly forgetting about him, after his Day 1 activity he completely slowed down and stopped next phase and now.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Honestly I feel like xi0 is a third party, or a valuable mafia role. He‘s too afraid for his own life as seen with how he didn‘t vote Vand for the minimal chance of him being Bomb.

Though with Magi having hidden her disease Vand could have too, that‘s a possibility. But as town you shouldn‘t be that much afraid to trade yourself for a mafia.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yes you can overthink in mafia. See your Mafia Bomb hysteria last phase as an example. It already got people panicked instead of talking about themselves and their roles, so it was detrimental to us.
I wasn't the first person to point it out, I merely made a statement that I didn't understand why people were willingly continuing to vote for him when he had 8 votes and when (at the time) there was no penalty for withholding a vote. How the hell is any of that hysteria? It's called cautiousness and it's completely reasonable. :lmao

We have had games with reasonable day 1 lynches, don‘t act like it‘s always random. Someone either acts weird or makes a small mistake people pick up on, as it happened with Spirit.
I did not say that we haven't had reasonable day 1 lynches. I said most of the time, we don't. Most of the time when there's something like a 4-way tie, there is no good reason to lynch or save anyone over anyone else. And yet you chose to save desin when you weren't even an active participant in the discussion. That is why I'm roleplaying as a dog with a bone right now.

Also, why not tag and ask desin things if he‘s your main suspect? You went through all of D2 not asking him for anything or pressuring him, and seem to be doing that with D3 too. Yet you still voted him at the end of D2... Idk Gary but your attention seems very weirdly spread.
I mentioned you both, there is no "main" suspect. You've just engaged with me more. Desin hasn't really said anything that stuck out to me (he hasn't really said much at all, in fact... mainly just recaps and small quips here or there that were already said by others).
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
That's almost correct:
- I gave it to Gry;
- DD gave it to Taku;
- Asako gave hers to James (-1);
- Magu gave hers to Gary;
We're missing who passed the disease to Demon. That would make it 5 curses if he isn't lying.

@Demonspeed mind to votelynch me now please to prove you have the disease?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why you keep giving Lambu a pass now since Day 2 after that Day 1!?!?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Nvm Demon got it from James's death, the one Asako had. We gotta start stacking those bombs indeed. 5 is too much.
What do you mean? You want me to type Vote Kill Farfalla? I don't mind but is that kind of thing even allowed?

Well, Vote Kill Farfalla.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
No. I prefer not to.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Huh, I guess I'm not the only one refusing to reveal my role now...
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
Huh, I guess I'm not the only one refusing to reveal my role now...
Did you say anything about your role?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
According to Erin's recap you haven't revealed anything... :oh
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,649
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
You guys are only helping mafia, or are mafia. It's naive you guys think your roles will somehow single handily defeat the mafia.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Honestly I feel like xi0 is a third party, or a valuable mafia role. He‘s too afraid for his own life as seen with how he didn‘t vote Vand for the minimal chance of him being Bomb.
How does me not voting for Vandred make me third party or mafia? So if I have a valuable role and am not willing to risk losing it for the Town on the second day, then I must be Third party or Mafia? :XD
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,649
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
DemonSpeed you are the bomb today you are safe you can reveal your role. You honestly think we will somehow become sherlock holmes and deduce who is mafia today?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
You guys are only helping mafia, or are mafia. It's naive you guys think your roles will somehow single handily defeat the mafia.
I never said something like that. But I don't think revealing my role would be useful right now.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Hmm so the mafia killed james, I know because I gave him the NVD so he won't explode, saw it as a waste if he died plus didn't want to give it to an unconfirmed person imagine if it ended on a mafia, @GrySun I wasn't planning to give the NVD to you at all, I was just saying that yesterday to avoid mafia targeting you, worried that I could have gave it, didn't expect lala to do it.
Also about pompom death I honestly don't see mafia targeting her, there's too many other better targets unless the team that did target her was the one that had the mafia det so they knew her role, there's still the possibility that one of those who gry invited where the one that killed pompom planning to kill someone else.
Currently still reading but afaik, this NVD mechanic doesn't work like that. If you passed it to James, it won't change anything. It's like the last priority, it happens at the end of the night/beginning of the day. So James will have already exploded before then. That probably means your NVD was randomed to someone else. Need to confirm from hosts though.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
DemonSpeed you are the bomb today you are safe you can reveal your role. You honestly think we will somehow become sherlock holmes and deduce who is mafia today?
That's what we are supposed to do every DP. What are you expecting this DP? Townies death?
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Did you say anything about your role?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
According to Erin's recap you haven't revealed anything... :oh
I did, but it was vague. She either didn't see it or it hasn't been updated.

My role is information-based.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
That was me, sry. I didn't want to get rid of all the bombs. Didn't think DD or Asako would also pass it instead of giving it to James as well, so I thought there would be only mine today (and well, Gary said he has one). And I wanted it to stay with the town for as long as we can so we can use it as protection later on, as I said before the day ended. Considered passing it to Hardy but idk what the fuck he is and well it looks like he survived Van. Then you have a role I detest and it didn't look terrible for you to miss it for a night (you also said you weren't so hyped about it), would get protection for the next one (didn't know your own gf was the doctor and you did ask for protection xP ) and you look trustworthy to me. Assumed that a night of survival would be better than a random result. Looked like a perfect person to hold it next, all things considered @.@
hm...honestly I do understand your reasoning. I agree with it too. Passing it to Gry essentially makes him safe. BK does bring some chaos but it also helps narrow things down (like finding the SK) earlier. I don't really have much complaints with you passing to Gry. Actually think that was a decent move
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,649
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
That's what we are supposed to do every DP. What are you expecting this DP? Townies death?
I am expecting townie death yes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I did, but it was vague. She either didn't see it or it hasn't been updated.

My role is information-based.
thank you its that easy lets get some friggin details takuan and desin/demonspeed. Concrete details not oh im active.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
@Asako btw who were you learning from as apprentice? is that person dead now?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top