Mag Talk - Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021) | Page 125 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Holys**t! Fernando Torres on the cover of Young Jump #47
Last time a real MALE was on cover was on 2016 issue 3. :XD

Aipom626

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like it's finally time for Sankaku Head's new series to start up in Issue 49; Maid in Hikkomuse. Apparently it focuses on introverts and maid cafes; my body is ready! Here's a slightly more detailed article
It looks like Weekly Young Jump has also already made an official Twitter account for the series.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Looks like it's finally time for Sankaku Head's new series to start up in Issue 49; Maid in Hikkomuse. Apparently it focuses on introverts and maid cafes; my body is ready! Here's a slightly more detailed article
It looks like Weekly Young Jump has also already made an official Twitter account for the series.
I still need to watch and read umaru-chan but nice

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Weekly Young Jump has really been churning out new series lately. Another new one in Issue 48, plus Sankaku Head's new series in Issue 49. Anyone think any of these new series look like they have what it takes to stick around past 3 or 4 volumes? I'm biased for Sankaku Head's success, but all of the series between Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and Dorokei have ended (excluding Black Night Parade since it's irregular) except for Snack Basue (a 5-page gag comedy) and Diner (which seems to have been dipping in the TOC ranks lately).

Ninjaz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I have no idea which will stick and which won't. And there's more new serializations coming too. I'm afraid to get invested in any series at this point.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I have no idea which will stick and which won't. And there's more new serializations coming too. I'm afraid to get invested in any series at this point.
The new serializations in this magazine are so unstable. It honestly makes me avoid picking up anything new from here. I guess I'll pick up something new if it sticks around for 2-3 years at least lmao.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
The new serializations in this magazine are so unstable. It honestly makes me avoid picking up anything new from here. I guess I'll pick up something new if it sticks around for 2-3 years at least lmao.
That's what I've noticed while charting out off the series for the year. I'd say half of the new series at least don't really appear to have any element that makes them stand out at face value, given art or the plot. While others may have a bit of a unique plot, I can't imagine them selling well (like the one about the dude practicing baton).

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It’s been a great year for series that look like stunningly different to what’s come before, at the least. Like between Dorokei, Tonari no Akujo and We Are Magical Boys it’s been amazing, but whether people are buying in is... hard to say. Certainly I don’t think I’ve seen any of them chart, but at least Dorokei is safe while the drama’s about.

Shadows House and Stars of Baton are off to great starts, too, easy highlights of each issue for me... but yeah I don’t think Baton is gonna sell at all...

Serialising so much doesn’t really help, but I guess that’s just Young Jump now, at least till it finds more hits

Ninjaz

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I like Shadows House, it just aggravates me that it's romanized Shadows House, not Shadow House or Shadow's House. It sounds strange to me.
But after seeing Tonari no Akujo's English title I guess I should just be happy with anything.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like Shadows House, it just aggravates me that it's romanized Shadows House, not Shadow House or Shadow's House. It sounds strange to me.
But after seeing Tonari no Akujo's English title I guess I should just be happy with anything.
Yeah like Tonari no Akujo has totally just cemented itself as a manga where we should only ever use the Japanese name. Like I see what Tamaki was going for but she’s uh given it a suuuper awkward name

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s been a great year for series that look like stunningly different to what’s come before, at the least. Like between Dorokei, Tonari no Akujo and We Are Magical Boys it’s been amazing, but whether people are buying in is... hard to say. Certainly I don’t think I’ve seen any of them chart, but at least Dorokei is safe while the drama’s about.

Shadows House and Stars of Baton are off to great starts, too, easy highlights of each issue for me... but yeah I don’t think Baton is gonna sell at all...

Serialising so much doesn’t really help, but I guess that’s just Young Jump now, at least till it finds more hits
What exactly is Shadows House about? That's actually why I asked about the new series from this year in the first place. I was looking at the raws and it seemed interesting, but I couldn't quite peg what the series was actually about

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What exactly is Shadows House about? That's actually why I asked about the new series from this year in the first place. I was looking at the raws and it seemed interesting, but I couldn't quite peg what the series was actually about
I’ll be super vague because my Japanese is still awful and I worry about getting details wrong/embarrassing myself, but basically a small girl is being used in an old western-looking house as a maid/doll for a small girl made of a strange, dusky shadow/dust sorta build. It’s broadening out a bunch at the moment now it’s shown more of other girls in the house, but the core is this weird cute, mysterious day to day of the main girl working for the shadow child.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ll be super vague because my Japanese is still awful and I worry about getting details wrong/embarrassing myself, but basically a small girl is being used in an old western-looking house as a maid/doll for a small girl made of a strange, dusky shadow/dust sorta build. It’s broadening out a bunch at the moment now it’s shown more of other girls in the house, but the core is this weird cute, mysterious day to day of the main girl working for the shadow child.
Ok, that's along the lines of what I thought was going on. The other thought I had was some sort of imaginary friend thing, but after looking at more recent chapters, I figured that wasn't the case. The series really did seem to have a pretty cryptic premise

Ninjaz

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Yeah, this is right, I haven't touched it since Chapter 2. It's pretty cute because of the main character's dynamic with Kate.
Each chapter is really short, I assume because Shadows House is in full-color and free to read on the YNJN app.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Seems like, Reiya-chan wa Kosuru! won Shinman this year and will be serialized sooner or later.
You can read it here if you haven't:
https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156632637755

Status
Not open for further replies.