Tower of God

Sakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
658
Reaction score
1,698
Country
Sweden


Episodes : Unknown
Airing Date : Apr 2, 2020
Producers : Rialto Entertainment,Sola Entertainment,Crunchyroll,Telecom Animation Film
Genre : Action,Adventure,Mystery,Drama,Fantasy

​

Synopsis
Tower of God centers around a boy called Twenty-Fifth Bam, who has spent most of his life trapped beneath a vast and mysterious Tower, with only his close friend, Rachel, to keep him company. When Rachel enters the Tower, Bam manages to open the door into it as well, and faces challenges at each floor of this tower as he tries to find his closest companion.

(Source: Wikipedia)

​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not sure but I think that's not how this kind of thing works. That's to request existing shows and movies be added to Netflix's library I believe.

As for an anime ToG. The process would start with an anime studio. With the business end identifying ToG as a workable property. Then they would have to approach the owners of that property for permission to make it. Which would be SIU and LINE I'd imagine. It's at this stage that a distribution platform like Netflix can get involved to help fund it and it make it a Netflix show. That's usually how it works, I think. So it would be the Studio or the Production company behind the studio that would have to come forward with the proposal.

I think the studio to do it would be Studio Mir. Which is a South Korean animation studio that produced Avatar the Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, and the Voltron show currently on Netflix. They'd probably be the best bet to make a ToG animation project one day.
 
Last edited:

Sakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
658
Reaction score
1,698
Country
Sweden
I'm not sure but I think that's not that way that kind of things works. That's to request existing shows and movies be added to Netflix's library I believe.

As for an anime ToG. The process would start with an anime studio. With the business end identifying ToG as a workable property. Then they would have to approach the owners of that property for permission to make it. Which would be SIU and LINE I'd imagine. It's at this stage that a distribution platform like Netflix can get involved to help fund it and it make it a Netflix show. That's usually how it works, I think. So it would be the Studio or the Production company behind the studio that would have to come forward with the proposal.

I think the studio to do it would be Studio Mir. Which is a South Korean animation studio that produced Avatar the Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, and the Voltron show currently on Netflix. They'd probably be the best bet to make a ToG animation project one day.
I see, thanks! I just sent a mail to them about Tower of god. I really hope that TOG will be animated in the future because it has the potential to be the number one anime out there if the right studio get their hands on it.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I see, thanks! I just sent a mail to them about Tower of god. I really hope that TOG will be animated in the future because it has the potential to be the number one anime out there if the right studio get their hands on it.
I completely agree. I think it would make an amazing animated series.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
That would be great. But I don't think us, who are not even Korean fans can do anything about it. Production I.G made an OVA of Noblesse this year I believe so there is still hope. Do Koreans even create anime?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That would be great. But I don't think us, who are not even Korean fans can do anything about it. Production I.G made an OVA of Noblesse this year I believe so there is still hope. Do Koreans even create anime?
They do but I don't think South Korean series tend to be what they're making. A lot of western cartoons are actually made in South Korea. Japanese anime as well. There is a reason in many anime you see Korean names listed. It's a main place for outsourcing of that kind of work. The Simpsons, Justice League Unlimited, Family Guy. All animated at least partially in South Korea for example.

But though a lot of animation comes from South Korea what is produced tends to be intended for audiences in Japan and the United States and largely rely on funding from those places.

That's the challenge for Tower of God. Convincing some production company that an anime about a South Korean property would have appeal in the US or Japan. The actual skill to produce it is plentiful.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I really want to see an anime,one or 2 ova won't do justice to this series.

At least a full fledged season of 51 episodes will do for season 1.
 

Sakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
658
Reaction score
1,698
Country
Sweden
I really want to see an anime,one or 2 ova won't do justice to this series.

At least a full fledged season of 51 episodes will do for season 1.
I totally agree. TOG is too good and deserves more than just a OVA.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really want to see an anime,one or 2 ova won't do justice to this series.

At least a full fledged season of 51 episodes will do for season 1.
That's asking for a little much, I think.:XD

Even aside from that though season 1 is what 80 chapters? Ideally the best anime pacing is 3 to 4 chapters per episode right. So I think In a perfect world something 2 cour(24 episodes) would be about right.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
That's asking for a little much, I think.:XD

Even aside from that though season 1 is what 80 chapters? Ideally the best anime pacing is 3 to 4 chapters per episode right. So I think In a perfect world something 2 cour(24 episodes) would be about right.
But TOG chapters are too long,3-4 chapters an episode will be butchering it.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But TOG chapters are too long,3-4 chapters an episode will be butchering it.
At 51 episodes though it would be paced like Naruto or One Piece. Probably with filler. They'd have to. Generally, in anime adaptations faster is better than slower in my opinion. As long as they don't skip too much or badly adapt it. Besides Netflix would never buy a risky 51 episode anime. There is a reason most things go for the one cour format these days.

This is of course all set in a dream world where it got made at all. :p
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
At 51 episodes though it would be paced like Naruto or One Piece. Probably with filler. They'd have to. Generally, in anime adaptations faster is better than slower in my opinion. As long as they don't skip too much or badly adapt it. Besides Netflix would never buy a risky 51 episode anime. There is a reason most things go for the one cour format these days.

This is of course all set in a dream world where it got made at all. :p
So many bad series get adaptations but not this.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So many bad series get adaptations but not this.
I think it will one day. I'm just not sure that day is soon. This and Breaker are prime real estate for anime but manhwa seems to be one of the last place production companies looking for new anime projects go. But neither are going anywhere and someday somebody is going to realize the potential that's sitting there.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Maybe its just me but on top of this series being too long thus making it somewhat risky for someone to pick up, I think another issue it will have in the long run is that it will cost a craptop to animate it if there is an honest intention to not butcher it. Season one of course has inferior art than current stuff but it is still visually impressive. Lots of sceneries, lots of characters, shinsoo... And once shinsoo manipulation becomes more of a thing it only becomes more expensive.
 

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Maybe its just me but on top of this series being too long thus making it somewhat risky for someone to pick up, I think another issue it will have in the long run is that it will cost a craptop to animate it if there is an honest intention to not butcher it. Season one of course has inferior art than current stuff but it is still visually impressive. Lots of sceneries, lots of characters, shinsoo... And once shinsoo manipulation becomes more of a thing it only becomes more expensive.
Aww I hate to admit it but you’re right about those points, not to mention all the characters so how many voice actors would you need? Well if Robin Williams was alive just one...

It would be amazing if it happened - ToG deserves to be celebrated by being made into an anime. I’ve seen a lot of fan favorite things not quite get off the ground so sadly fan enthusiasm isn’t enough. Of course if we don’t stay enthusiastic it definitely won’t happen. Hard not to be about ToG.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I believe whole heartedly that it can be done and that one day it will be done. It just makes too much sense. In my experience ToG really is the Manhwa that has the kind of broad appeal and quality that in the right hands could be an iconic bit of animation.

That said it would be a large scale project, like all animated series are, and expensive.

But if it keeps growing in popularity eventually it will reach a point where some production company takes a risk on it. Or maybe LINE will decide to start doing more animation(they already do some) and make ToG it's prestige piece. They can certainly afford it.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Page is not openning for me, what’s it all about?
A petition to get the TOG anime in change org.

Sigh these kind of petitions never work.
 
Top