@Nemispelled bruh laxus almost causally oneshotted ajeel. des gray attack got easily erased.yes I understand that gray wasnt going all out but i doubt he could casually oneshot ajeel
I don't think that Ajeel is a good comparison of Laxus and Gray's powers. They each had different motives behind their attacks.
Laxus summoned a lighting bolt from the sky, and directed it straight towards Ajeel. That was meant to be a lethal attack, so yes, I would agree that Laxus would have oneshotted Ajeel with that lightning bolt (
it still wouldn't be impressive because Ajeel is a low-tier Spriggan imo)
Gray, on the other hand, was trying to stop Ajeel's Sand Monster from catching up with the vehicle. To do that, he froze a large part of the land and encased everything in ice. Ajeel just happened to be caught in that ice because he was standing on top of the Sand Monster.
In other words, Gray wasn't necessarily aiming for Ajeel alone. He was trying to stop the Sand Monster from crushing the vehicle that everybody was in.
This is different from Laxus, who was putting all his power into killing a single target.
Besides, just because Ajeel tanked a casual punch from Natsu doesn't mean that Laxus > Natsu. You'd have to compare their full power to determine who would win in a fight.
Comparing Gray and Laxus' best fights against the Spriggans, I would say that they are relatively on the same level.