Discussion - Power Level Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Power Level Discussion Thread

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Give your ranking & discussions who is stronger than who here.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hard to say yet. Shiki is looking beastly with his Gravity powers, but knowing mashima, Elcy >>> Shiki by a huge margin, at least atm.

Shiki will probably get stronger than her in the 2nd half of the series(whenever that happens) just like in FT

(Honestly, I noticed that both in Rave Master and FT the main character started growing rapidly only in the 2nd half of the series)

Selene

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Isn't there only two chapters to go on? its hasn't been updated in awhile.

also shiki seems at an okay level.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
My list

Elsie/Justice
Shiki
Rebecca/Weiss

Last edited:

Niqq22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So far IMO
1. elsie
2. Justice
3. Shiki
4. Weisz
5. Rebecca

This is definitely gonna change since it’s so early in the series but this is how I see it for now

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
One thing to note is how the gears have a type.

Shiki is 'Combat' type, so he's a fighter. Weisz makes machines, so he's a mechanic. He could make a fighting machine for combat, but if they have the same ether level Shiki's gonna win.

So are power levels 'ether level' or 'fighting ability'?

At this point Shiki's ether level (>100K) is enough to alarm Justice. I'm okay assuming Elsie and Justice have more Ether than Shiki, and that Shiki has more than Weisz.

Niqq22

Reaction score
Country
United States

Shiki is 'Combat' type, so he's a fighter. Weisz makes machines, so he's a mechanic. He could make a fighting machine for combat, but if they have the same ether level Shiki's gonna win.

At this point Shiki's ether level (>100K) is enough to alarm Justice. I'm okay assuming Elsie and Justice have more Ether than Shiki, and that Shiki has more than Weisz.
This was my exact thought process when I made my list

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I would probably put the Mother on the top.

if she is big as she is (which she obviously is) then she can destroy a planet with her finger lol.

Last edited:

Gabo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I believe that it is still too early to define levels of power, since we are at a point where the management of these will be defined.

Claramenet lso Gear could handle different abilities since we saw that Weiz can create and manipulate machines, but to fight he had to use weapons, so I think that the Weiz Gear is not useful in hand-to-hand combat, but in its scope it is very superior to Shiki's, since Shiki's is only to fight and not to create.

It would be good to see the different types of Gear that will appear to know how to handle them and get an idea

Mo Wei

Reaction score
Country
China

Why does any character power down to foolish waving of fists?:m3j

For example Weisz in a battle on the ship can turn off different systems (gravity / life support, etc) even before the fight or throwing Shiki into outer space:yodawg

Not to mention that Weisz in his 18-20 already is the best scientist and engineer in manga and able to collect whatever he wants to fight on a workbench like Batman (for example antri-gravity gun / costume:true).

Brains and knowledge is always better than the usual fist if both characters are taken to the maximum of their strengths shown:victory

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

For example Weisz in a battle on the ship can turn off different systems (gravity / life support, etc) even before the fight or throwing Shiki into outer space:yodawg

Not to mention that Weisz in his 18-20 already is the best scientist and engineer in manga and able to collect whatever he wants to fight on a workbench like Batman (for example antri-gravity gun / costume:true).

Brains and knowledge is always better than the usual fist if both characters are taken to the maximum of their strengths shown:victory
That's Shounen characters in general especially Main Characters and they usually do that to with gauge opponent's strength before giving more power later on. It's basically the norm each series.

I do agree it's good using your head which why characters develop into using it more down the line after development or having that fighting genius knowledge on how to fight someone. Also have smart characters like Weisz to help them out too.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So Homie (my photo auto corrected Homura :lmao), is she stronger than Shiki?

The sword seems powerful but Shiki looks like he has AOE abilities

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

We'll have to see how much brains and knowledge matters in EZ's power scales. So far fights have been physical. Imo, power levels should come down to who can win a battle. But since EZ also has 'ether levels' that might be the more appropriate way to view PL's.

Mo Wei

Reaction score
Country
China
So Homie (my photo auto corrected Homura :lmao), is she stronger than Shiki?

The sword seems powerful but Shiki looks like he has AOE abilities
As a fighter she is definitely stronger:datass but he has a much stronger gift (gravity as an absolute force VS the sword, lol):yodawg

P.s I’ve led to the fact that if you let them use only the fighting skill, she will win in 11 out of 10 fights:kappa very easy:oooh

Last edited:

Altuzer Von G Dust D

Reaction score
Country
Nicaragua
In my Opinion 100000 UE is not the Limit Shiki but rather it is its Standard Power without so many Limits.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
For the Starshines, it seems to be Homura > Witch > Sister = Hermit.

So far, I like Hermit's fighting style the most of the four. When she wrecked Fie's rifle that was badass. They individually outfought the Element Four, but the starshines look more like a team with complimentary skills, so when the time comes for challenging fights, they'll fight together.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Four Shining Stars

0. OG Valkyrie
1. Witch
2. Homura
3. Sister (need to see more of her combat abilities)
4. Hermit (can go to 2 or 1 if she is close to some big weaponry)

for the main crew

1. Shiki
2. Weiss
3. Rebecca

Elemental 4

1. Slyph
2. Laguna (could be 1 because of his hax)
3. Fie
4. Daichi

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
0. OG Valkyrie
1. Witch
2. Homura
3. Sister (need to see more of her combat abilities)
4. Hermit (can go to 2 or 1 if she is close to some big weaponry)
I can see Witch being stronger atm - with Homura eventually pulling clear of the rest in the future. And at that point the starshines, including Homura, will acknowledge Homura is equal to or stronger than OG Valkyrie.

1. Shiki
2. Weiss
3. Rebecca
Agreed, with Pino being the true besto that can oneshot them all :nod

1. Slyph
2. Laguna (could be 1 because of his hax)
3. Fie
4. Daichi
Same for me. Sylph and Laguna had better feats I think.

I'd place Jinn a clear tier above these guys too.

Folkas

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I can't wait to see Rebecca developing the cat leaper powers and growing on the power scales. I can see her being as powerful as Shiki at the end of the series, given the hax nature of her ether gear :hip

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
So Ziggy casually destroyed a planet with a wave of his hand. What does this do to our scaling overall? There have been allot of planetary talk thrown around and ignored so far.