Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I wouldn't say it very different, it's pretty much just an exorcist series after all. Felt like if Amalgam was an exorcist manga to me.
Exorcism? Wouldn’t it be more inline with just standard demon hunting. Doesn’t feel like it selves into the afterlife or “exorcising” demons
 

Belkac3m

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
164
Reaction score
185
Age
32
Country
Joker
I feel that "chainsaw" is what I have been waiting for a while in wsj.
At least with this 1st chapter.
 

Trigunblitz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
28
Age
31
Country
United States
Already the smartest poster in the thread.


If you end up enjoying Kimetsu, you should look into buying the Viz volumes. It's one of the few currently running Jump manga that you can easily be up to date with the volumes since there's only 3 so far (with the next one coming January).

Also, you don't have to @ the users, you can just quote them.
Will do if I enjoy it. Unfortunately that's how VIZ rolls. Slow releases with little intention to catch up, but at least it makes it easy to collect up to date. Case in point I would love to have more full color dbz on my shelf. It's how they insure steady revenue rather than risk slow years I guess.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
The author of Chainsaw Man has some cool visual ideas, but he doesn't know how to build them properly, so he just throws them page by page. As a result, the motivations and the characters end up too thin for me to care about what is happening.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If I'm your enemy because of MHA I'll give you credit. If because of Black Clover...well you probably liked Toriko too :derp

Enough BC bashing for me though
Man you are just making everyone hate you after 5 posts. :derp
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Will do if I enjoy it. Unfortunately that's how VIZ rolls. Slow releases with little intention to catch up, but at least it makes it easy to collect up to date. Case in point I would love to have more full color dbz on my shelf. It's how they insure steady revenue rather than risk slow years I guess.
Well they do have their reasons. Not only does it insure steady revenue (like you said), but it also prevents larger breaks between volumes. If they released a volume every month like they did with Haikyuu then they would catch up way too quickly and we would have to start waiting 3-4 months for the next volume a lot sooner. It only worked for Haikyuu because there were a lot more volumes at the time.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
a volume every 2 months is considered slow? Aside from Haikyu I can't think of any manga from any publisher to release quicker. If you mean how long they took to pick it up Kimetsu looked like it wasn't going to survive early on and wasn't by a popular author here so it makes sense they waited. Platinum End and Dr. Stone were both picked up really quickly and they were from proven authors.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Either someone at Oricon is trolling or someone at Shuiesha is trolling. Pick your poison :derp
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does shuiesha even ever acknowledge Oricon.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Mine too. Kinda feel a pit in my stomach due to how expensive it is. I hope it's worth it. It looks nice from some of the pictures I've seen at least.
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Few weeks ago came across a interesting book about Japanese SNES games by UK based company, got it today and damn, didn't know the system has Jump games in it. Makes me want to play them.














While not Jump games, but Jump authors designed the characters



 

Trigunblitz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
28
Age
31
Country
United States

my orders is still on it's way...:oh
Wow that is cool looking! I really wanted it but couldn’t justify the price at the time. I got the FMA hardback artbook for $28 for goodness sakes and it’s like 2/3 this size. If it gets an English release from Viz I may change my mind.

No second guessing your spending now. Just enjoy the Bleach goodness. Heck it may even resell higher due to limited edition
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top