Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
Toho works with anyone that's available not just I.G. Dr. Stone could be animated by TMS or BONES (unlikely) or even Polygon. Would be ironic if it was IG considering they were also behind that shitty Eyeshield 21 adaptation. Still given how their recent works have been less than stellar I would take Yonkou's word with a grain of salt.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yonkou said good studio and staff so it can't be them than again he's a huge Toei shill so who knows...
Yeah you're right, they work with various partners. I just limited to the ones Yonkou wanted for MHA as that was the discussion, which was IG or Mappa.
For Jump festa, Toho got MHA - Bones, Kekkai Sensen - Bones, Haikyu - IG, Dr. Stone - ?.
Whether Yonkou is right or not, is a different discussion on a whole.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Honestly it has to be a studio that's viable for long-running anime so any of the late night kings are out so all that's really left are David, IG, TMS, Sunrise, BNA, etc. Since its Toho that excludes Sunrise and BNA.
Why does it have to be long running? A lot of Jump stuff just do a season a year which pretty much any studio could handle.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Yonkou doesn't know anything about it, he doesn't have insider info. Just giving the vaguest possible info like 'it's a good studio' is a typical fake leaker thing, so that they can claim they were right no matter what gets announced. If he actually knew the studio he would've said.
He did know about JJBA's ED song before it even aired/announced. I doubt he's lying.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
If Toho is the producer then it isn't going to be long running which is fantastic!
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
If Toho is the producer then it isn't going to be long running which is fantastic!
He already confirmed its seasonal.


He posted this which may hint at the staff?


LOL
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why does it have to be long running? A lot of Jump stuff just do a season a year which pretty much any studio could handle.
The only Jump anime currently running doing the seasonal shift are MHA and Haikyuu, Boruto and Black Clover and longrunning and we don't know if TPN and Kimetsu will get second seasons as of now. Since Dr. Stone is clearly eschewing the kid demographic it'll have to long-running if it hopes to boost sales.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
He already confirmed its seasonal.


He posted this which may hint at the staff?


LOL
Boichi said in an older interview that he wanted the nature to look beautiful and it would be perfect if they get some of the staff from Made in Abyss to work on it. I'm glad it isn't going to be long running.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He already confirmed its seasonal.


He posted this which may hint at the staff?


LOL
This might be the biggest flub since OPM S2 airing in 2020 and MHA S4 not happening. Can't wait too because I fucking highly doubt Kinema Citrus is doing it especially with Shield Hero airing next month and Stone scheduled for summer.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
This might be the biggest flub since OPM airing in 2020 and MHA S4 not happening. Can't wait do because I fucking highly doubt Kinema Citrus is doing it especially with Shield Hero airing next month.
I doubt it's Kinema Citrus and it doesn't say it is them. I think it'll be a different studio, but there will be staff members from the MIA anime.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I doubt it's Kinema Citrus and it doesn't say it is them. I think it'll be a different studio, but there will be staff members from the MIA anime.
He confirmed its not Kinema citrus
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt it's Kinema Citrus and it doesn't say it is them. I think it'll be a different studio, but there will be staff members from the MIA anime.
So let me make a prediction. MIA director. Studio NUT.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I guess it's time to speculate who will be making the anime for Jujutsu Kaisen and Act-Age. Is it still too early? :derp

Edit:
And RxL
 

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
Yeah Yonkou has evidence just like he had for OPM airing in 2020. I believe he has his sources to some of the stuff but most of the time he's a fucking liar.
 

FengarGB

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
63
Reaction score
43
Age
32
Country
Brazil
I guess it's time to speculate who will be making the anime for Jujutsu Kaisen and Act-Age. Is it still too early? :derp
who do you think is a good viable studio for Jujutsu?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I guess it's time to speculate who will be making the anime for Jujutsu Kaisen and Act-Age. Is it still too early? :derp

Edit:
And RxL
Jujutsu will be Pierrot with Abe as director and Act Age will be SHAFT with Okada as director.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Production I.G is going to make the Robot Laserbeam ani-

;-;

I think its A-1 Pictures.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I guess it's time to speculate who will be making the anime for Jujutsu Kaisen and Act-Age. Is it still too early? :derp

Edit:
And RxL
Jujutsu = White Fox or A-1 Pictures
Act-Age = Shaft or J.C Staff
 

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
I guess it's time to speculate who will be making the anime for Jujutsu Kaisen and Act-Age. Is it still too early? :derp

Edit:
And RxL
Jujutsu will be Bones. MHA isn't going to have enough material for long. Act-age if it survives long enough will need a team that could animate all kinds of small subtle movements.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top