Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Got to chapter 70. The cliffhanger was the Beast Titan beating Reiner, and his human self was seen. I still think he's Eren's dad but apparently Eren ate him so Idk.

The Coup d'etat was a slog, like trying to get a cut on the Armoured titan. There was so much back and forth between ideologies and humanity, and it hurt my head. Have you ever got a headache from reading manga? I get them sometimes. Anyway, I can't say I enjoyed it, nor would I say I disliked it.

What did you think about the Reis and Yeager family reveals? And while we're at it, the Ackerman one?? I found the Ackerman thing to be random. None of the reveals were pleasing, but I can understand the Reis one a little more. The memories part is something I'll wait for later. Not that it wasn't explained, but I don't want to presume this power 'came from nowhere' because the same type of technology that brought about titans probably has something to do with this power too. Obviously, certain genetics can activate or resist things, so we'll see. I feel the answer for titans is something regarding resources, probably they were running out/warring over them, hence looking for 'peace', and that this is kinda obvious(?)... well the reason for titans/powers won't be much of a thing anyway.

I always like seeing characters mixed in together, so Levi being the man in charge of the 104 troops was the highlight. Mikasa has also dropped her beef with Levi, which made me like her more. The star was probably Hange for me.

Now the Shiganshina arc is next, which is the one most people hype, so I am hyped. Beast is already waiting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Got to chapter 70. The cliffhanger was the Beast Titan beating Reiner, and his human self was seen. I still think he's Eren's dad but apparently Eren ate him so Idk.


The Coup d'etat was a slog, like trying to get a cut on the Armoured titan. There was so much back and forth between ideologies and humanity, and it hurt my head. Have you ever got a headache from reading manga? I get them sometimes. Anyway, I can't say I enjoyed it, nor would I say I disliked it.
Oh yeah, of course I get a headache from reading mangas (or watching animes). Lately, I get it from reading Tower of God. :lmao Anyway, I think I understand where you are coming from. In my case, I often get bothered when to many different things happen simultaneously, which makes me think that the author lost sight at what to focus for. I also don't like too much unnecessary text/babble. It's the point when I think I could summarize or cut down the text/convo by 50% without losing its dramatic - or whatever kind of feels the author wants to convey - effect where my head starts to get annoyed. Can't say I felt like that during the coup d'etat though. SnK wouldn't be one of my favorite series if there was much to complain from my side.

What did you think about the Reis and Yeager family reveals? And while we're at it, the Ackerman one?? I found the Ackerman thing to be random. None of the reveals were pleasing, but I can understand the Reis one a little more. The memories part is something I'll wait for later. Not that it wasn't explained, but I don't want to presume this power 'came from nowhere' because the same type of technology that brought about titans probably has something to do with this power too. Obviously, certain genetics can activate or resist things, so we'll see. I feel the answer for titans is something regarding resources, probably they were running out/warring over them, hence looking for 'peace', and that this is kinda obvious(?)... well the reason for titans/powers won't be much of a thing anyway.
Now, I need to be careful, because I don't know what was and wasn't revealed up to chapter 70. :lmao Sorry, if I spoil you by mistake.

What exactly was random for you in regards to the Ackerman? Wasn't it implied rather early on in the series that there is a secret about Mikasa (Ackerman)? Don't you remember the flashback of Mikasa and Eren?

In regards to the Reiss bit: I honestly didn't care that much, since I'm not a big fan of Historia. I'm not fond of characters who always bark the same name over and over again and don't think about anything else. Overall, I think it was okay. I liked the Yaeger stuff more than the Reiss stuff.

There is much more to come, Brandish. Interesting thoughts you threw here, let's see what you will think once the big reveals will hit ya. :zomg

I always like seeing characters mixed in together, so Levi being the man in charge of the 104 troops was the highlight. Mikasa has also dropped her beef with Levi, which made me like her more. The star was probably Hange for me.

Levi is in charge of any and everything, Brandish...

Hange is awesome, she has this very attracting and appealing crazy side in her. Every cast needs that kind of character.





Now the Shiganshina arc is next, which is the one most people hype, so I am hyped. Beast is already waiting.
Yeah... a certain someone is waiting as well.

 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Takagi :blush

What exactly was random for you in regards to the Ackerman? Wasn't it implied rather early on in the series that there is a secret about Mikasa (Ackerman)? Don't you remember the flashback of Mikasa and Eren?
There was? If so, I take it back lol.

One thing I didn't really get was how Levi/Kenny/Mikasa have this 'power' well up inside them from being inspired by someone, and after that they became strong. We'll see why that is later I s'pose.

In regards to the Reiss bit: I honestly didn't care that much, since I'm not a big fan of Historia. I'm not fond of characters who always bark the same name over and over again and don't think about anything else. Overall, I think it was okay. I liked the Yaeger stuff more than the Reiss stuff.
Yea she harps on doesn't she. Preferred cute Christa. That one scene on the platform with Eren nearly made me drop my phone. She later called it 'emotional'...

Levi is in charge of any and everything, Brandish...
True true. This time he wasn't nerfed with a shoulder injury. It's so funny how short he is though :lmao

Hange is awesome, she has this very attracting and appealing crazy side in her. Every cast needs that kind of character.
She is that, and agree it's very attracting.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
There was? If so, I take it back lol.
Well, it was... kinda... in my opinion at least.

Read from here again. Her brain and muscles are highlighted, she breaks the knife handle and the floor in a Netero style manner.

There will be more revealed later on. ; )

True true. This time he wasn't nerfed with a shoulder injury.
That's sadly necessary because it's the only way to not bring the story to an end asap. Just like Oda keeps Zoro at bay, Levi needs to be nerfed in order to prolong the series more. :teehee

It's so funny how short he is though :lmao
...



























I see Hange and Levi mentioned in the same post, I will post these here





Great stuff there! :lmao

Hange is possible the only character who has the highest chance to make Levi his bitch and Levi would even allow it. :teach
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Syx-kun you forgot a great drawing with the tiny levi meme. Lemme post it here for you! xD



Hange has truly a dead wish it seems. xD

Hange is possible the only character who has the highest chance to make Levi his bitch and Levi would even allow it. :teach
100% agreeing with this. They are an awesome/epic duo! *w*

Also from a pairing perspective, this comic is also quite lelz when it comes to the tiny Levi meme. xD




Mikasa xDD
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Well, it was... kinda... in my opinion at least.

Read from here again. Her brain and muscles are highlighted, she breaks the knife handle and the floor in a Netero style manner.

There will be more revealed later on. ; )
Ah yea I remembered that, and it supports the Ackeman power. But what I meant was that Ackerman's becoming a thing, like it's a genetic or superstitious power, was, well I had to suspend some disbelief. As I should do, and did, to not hold back from enjoying.

OMG that HxH art :teehee

That's sadly necessary because it's the only way to not bring the story to an end asap. Just like Oda keeps Zoro at bay, Levi needs to be nerfed in order to prolong the series more. :teehee
For sure, too OP. I'm pretty sure that's why they made a Beast Titan to give Levi a mid-high diff fight.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I take you play it as well, right? How far are you?
Gosh... this thiccness.... give me moooorrreee...



Syx-kun you forgot a great drawing with the tiny levi meme. Lemme post it here for you! xD



Hange has truly a dead wish it seems. xD
Hahhahaha, Lance Corporal Shorty, I can't stop laughing at this. :lmao Best title eva!

100% agreeing with this. They are an awesome/epic duo! *w*

Also from a pairing perspective, this comic is also quite lelz when it comes to the tiny Levi meme. xD




Mikasa xDD
Damn, that's a hilarious comic! xD I love how they always portray Eren as someone who is pleased to do all these stuff for his Corporal. And Mikasa always in the background ready to slice Levi. :teehee


Glorious!!!

Ah yea I remembered that, and it supports the Ackeman power. But what I meant was that Ackerman's becoming a thing, like it's a genetic or superstitious power, was, well I had to suspend some disbelief. As I should do, and did, to not hold back from enjoying.
Keep reading, you will get those answers. Whether you will like it or not is a different matter though. Glad you still enjoy it. :zomg

For sure, too OP. I'm pretty sure that's why they made a Beast Titan to give Levi a mid-high diff fight.

That picture is wrong on so many levels. :lmao
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
Gosh... this thiccness.... give me moooorrreee...
Delicious food isn't it?



* love that small ears twitch :hurrgasm*

I take you play it as well, right? How far are you?
At the stage of buying the game


Btw... You brought the game as a gift as far as I remember :grumble

Choose to keep it? :lambirb
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
* love that small ears twitch :hurrgasm*



At the stage of buying the game


Btw... You brought the game as a gift as far as I remember :grumble

Choose to keep it? :lambirb
Well, I take it very slow, hence I'm not that far in the game. But there is a scene in a bar in chapter 2 which is worth all the money spend on the game in my opinion. I can't even find a proper gif reflecting my reaction during those couple of minutes.



Btw... You brought the game as a gift as far as I remember :grumble

Choose to keep it? :lambirb


You think I would do such thing? What do you take me for?



The gift found its rightful owner. I bought it for myself when the price hit 50€ on Amazon, coupled with a campaign which gave you a 10€ discount for the first 100.000 persons who use the Amazon app for the first time.

Amazon be like:


 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
@Erinyes, you need your own thread for christ's sake...



I watched the first two episodes of Haibane Renmei. So far, so good. Nothing extraordinary, yet very chill and sweet to follow. The world building intrigues me. It's kinda interesting that the Haibanes live among humans and even interact with them, but they are still - including the humans there - isolated from the outside world. I wonder why that is. The Togas and the whole system (Haibane's can't earn money, have to wear second hand clothes, the available books don't tell anything what's going on beyond the wall) sound suspicious. The Haibanes in general are a big question mark for me, obviously. What are they, why are they, what's their purpose, do their wings and halo have any use, did they live before (it's kinda implied, Rakka seems to have a connection to the Togas)? Rakka for example is the recent "addition" to the Haibanes, however she looks way more mature than many other Haibanes who look like children. Are we to assume that Haibanes are always suddenly "born" in the Old Home?

Yup, many stuff which makes me look forward to the next episodes. I love Hikari's voice, and Rakka is extremely adorable. The cast in general is cute. The scene where Rakka's wings break out of her back was painful to watch, I could feel her pain.

Screens:


:lmao




After so many years, digitaldude's avy has been explained. :kukuku
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I watched another 2 episodes, @Erinyes. The pace is very, very slow. :lmao But the cozy slice of life part is making up for it. I guess there is a reason why you advised me to watch at least the first six or so episodes.

The temple scene was kinda anticlimactic. I hoped to get more insight about the series itself, but they kept it rather short. It doesn't sit well with me that Haibanes are not allowed to speak (unless spoken to) there. Such conceited people...

Aside from that, I enjoyed the day Rakka had with Kana. It gave us a little bit more insight on Kana and she left a good impression on me (by the way, I thought Kana was boy actually, lol). Rakka also starts to ask questions which is most likely the setup for the upcoming important events.

The crows seem to play a role too or they are just being of symbolic nature, dunno.

Screens:



Hikari is such a cutie. <3
When she used the halo mold to make those pancakes. :lmao


This old hag knows how to deal with kids. ^^
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Erinyes, you need your own thread for christ's sake...



I watched the first two episodes of Haibane Renmei. So far, so good. Nothing extraordinary, yet very chill and sweet to follow. The world building intrigues me. It's kinda interesting that the Haibanes live among humans and even interact with them, but they are still - including the humans there - isolated from the outside world. I wonder why that is. The Togas and the whole system (Haibane's can't earn money, have to wear second hand clothes, the available books don't tell anything what's going on beyond the wall) sound suspicious. The Haibanes in general are a big question mark for me, obviously. What are they, why are they, what's their purpose, do their wings and halo have any use, did they live before (it's kinda implied, Rakka seems to have a connection to the Togas)? Rakka for example is the recent "addition" to the Haibanes, however she looks way more mature than many other Haibanes who look like children. Are we to assume that Haibanes are always suddenly "born" in the Old Home?

Yup, many stuff which makes me look forward to the next episodes. I love Hikari's voice, and Rakka is extremely adorable. The cast in general is cute. The scene where Rakka's wings break out of her back was painful to watch, I could feel her pain.

Screens:


:lmao




After so many years, digitaldude's avy has been explained. :kukuku
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I watched another 2 episodes, @Erinyes. The pace is very, very slow. :lmao But the cozy slice of life part is making up for it. I guess there is a reason why you advised me to watch at least the first six or so episodes.

The temple scene was kinda anticlimactic. I hoped to get more insight about the series itself, but they kept it rather short. It doesn't sit well with me that Haibanes are not allowed to speak (unless spoken to) there. Such conceited people...

Aside from that, I enjoyed the day Rakka had with Kana. It gave us a little bit more insight on Kana and she left a good impression on me (by the way, I thought Kana was boy actually, lol). Rakka also starts to ask questions which is most likely the setup for the upcoming important events.

The crows seem to play a role too or they are just being of symbolic nature, dunno.

Screens:



Hikari is such a cutie. <3
When she used the halo mold to make those pancakes. :lmao




This old hag knows how to deal with kids. ^^
Syyyyyx-kun, so you started it :zomg !!

<my bad i just saw your post, dont know why maybe dint check properly my notifications, my apologies for the late answer.
im so glad you re really a sweet person, thanks for trusting me and trying it. hope you r e enjoying it, best is yet to come , episode 6 is somehow a turning point. i really enjoyed a lot this anime but will say you more when you re finished ! im so so so glad you gave it a try ♥ hope you wont be disappointed !


Theres a lot of symbolism in it indeed, crow, are among them, even names have other meanings yoiull get more about it later. My fave cha is Rakka. but i like most chars. theres some stuff that will stay unanswered, but youll understand a lot gradually, a lot of things will be implied.
Yeah im using pancakes too to manipulate my nephew :hmph

some art ♥















 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Syyyyyx-kun, so you started it :zomg !!

<my bad i just saw your post, dont know why maybe dint check properly my notifications, my apologies for the late answer.
im so glad you re really a sweet person, thanks for trusting me and trying it. hope you r e enjoying it, best is yet to come , episode 6 is somehow a turning point. i really enjoyed a lot this anime but will say you more when you re finished ! im so so so glad you gave it a try ♥ hope you wont be disappointed !


Theres a lot of symbolism in it indeed, crow, are among them, even names have other meanings yoiull get more about it later. My fave cha is Rakka. but i like most chars. theres some stuff that will stay unanswered, but youll understand a lot gradually, a lot of things will be implied.
No need to apologize for such trivial matters. My post is not even one week old. :lmao

I actually finished Haibane Renmei yesterday. You recommended one hell of a deep feels trip there. Like you already implied, the series left many things up to our interpretation, other things were not touched/answered at all. But at the end of day, I didn't feel like I need to know who the Communicator is, what the Togas are or what's beyond the wall. The message was delivered. What I liked most about the series is that it dealt with suicides, at least in case of the main characters Rakka and Reki. I have an unpopular opinion about this topic and the way the series handled it was very fitting and to my likings. For example the whole scene in the well where Rakka finally acknowledges that she indeed hurt someone was brilliantly yet in a subtile way conveyed to us. At this point, the crow could symbolize anyone from Rakka's previous life. Her mother, father or both parents who actually cared for Rakka. But Rakka either didn't see it or she talked herself into believing that they didn't care for her. I don't think I need to mention what might happen with parents who lose their beloved child. Or it could be just a simple stranger who tried but failed to save Rakka, putting said stranger into misery and self-doubts. The possibilities are endless. The well-arc highlights many of my arguments in regards to this topic, hence the reason why I liked the series as a whole so much. Reki's conclusion was nicely done. I was as shocked as herself when she read the message of the Communicator and rememberred her dream again, it was like "everything makes sense now". A tragic character who can finally move on (heaven? rebirth? Old Home = stopover?), because she reached out for help. Which is actually an easy thing to do, but somehow we make it the hardest action we could possibly take. Quite sad, huh?

It's too bad that the series has a very slow start and pace. I can see a lot of people dropping it because the slice of life part is just not enough to keep them interested til the 6th episode, which is where the series truly unfolds. In any case, thanks a lot for the recommendation, it was a thoughtful show with a very charming cast.:bobriki

No screen, because I watched the rest of the episodes on my tablet. :nomoar

Yeah im using pancakes too to manipulate my nephew :hmph

Those are wonderful pictures. <3 Bort looks so cute. :lmao


And there are beautiful new HnK characters I haven't seen yet. :zomg

The last ones are Golden Kamuy, right (the arts are awesome!)? Do you read it?
 
Top