Discussion Official Androssi Zahard Discussion Thread

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
SIU has said androsi's family name will eventually be revealed. I'd be fairly surprised if she turns out to be related to the 10 families... It's not like she has exhibited any traits which scream 10 families so far. Her most exceptional quality seems to be her physical endurance but that would only leave the ha family... I could see androsi being the sole survivor of a special family or something. It'd be interesting if this eventually leads to her finding out she has some sort of family trait which she has never developed or what otherwise deemed lost by towerfolk.
What I'm a little afraid of is the idea that the Snake Charmer IS a manifestation of the family trait.

This is getting a little crazy but what if the reason the Snake Charmer showed up in the Data world is that thing is a part of her? After all it just showed up paved the way for her to become a princess then vanished without a trace. Maybe the reason it could fully manifest in this data world is that she brought it with her without even realizing it.
 

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
SIU has said androsi's family name will eventually be revealed. I'd be fairly surprised if she turns out to be related to the 10 families... It's not like she has exhibited any traits which scream 10 families so far. Her most exceptional quality seems to be her physical endurance but that would only leave the ha family... I could see androsi being the sole survivor of a special family or something. It'd be interesting if this eventually leads to her finding out she has some sort of family trait which she has never developed or what otherwise deemed lost by towerfolk.
Jammin’s gonna Bam me from the forum...<_>

What if she was a descendant of V’s or Arelene’s family (not direct obviously) and we have a Luke and Leia thing going on here

:bees
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just kidding! SIU clearly has this being set up as a ship whereas with Rachel it’s always been more sibling like.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jammin’s gonna Bam me from the forum...<_>

What if she was a descendant of V’s or Arelene’s family (not direct obviously) and we have a Luke and Leia thing going on here

:bees
Don't care. I consider myself a godfearing soul but this one time morality can suck it! If I have to root for wincest, by god, I will.:yelling

 

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What I'm a little afraid of is the idea that the Snake Charmer IS a manifestation of the family trait.

This is getting a little crazy but what if the reason the Snake Charmer showed up in the Data world is that thing is a part of her? After all it just showed up paved the way for her to become a princess then vanished without a trace. Maybe the reason it could fully manifest in this data world is that she brought it with her without even realizing it.
You mean like Orochimaru and the cursed seal?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
What I'm a little afraid of is the idea that the Snake Charmer IS a manifestation of the family trait.

This is getting a little crazy but what if the reason the Snake Charmer showed up in the Data world is that thing is a part of her? After all it just showed up paved the way for her to become a princess then vanished without a trace. Maybe the reason it could fully manifest in this data world is that she brought it with her without even realizing it.
That actually sounds really cool IMO but I would severely question it because we saw the moment the snake charmer was formed as an archenemy. Unless she has a different snake charmer within her which took over the new one or something ridiculous like that... I am not sure of what trait would even allow something like that... The closest thing we would have seen in an anima but the snake charmer is too.... smart to be an anima. Not to mention that the snake charmer did offer androsi the chance to be a princess, could something that came from within her really make her such an offer? I could buy the guy not finding her on accident but if it turns out he is from whithin androsi that would be all levels of strange.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You mean like Orochimaru and the cursed seal?
More like if Orochimaru had a kid and his snake abilities were inherited by that kid and manifested as an alternate personality.

That actually sounds really cool IMO but I would severely question it because we saw the moment the snake charmer was formed as an archenemy. Unless she has a different snake charmer within her which took over the new one or something ridiculous like that... I am not sure of what trait would even allow something like that... The closest thing we would have seen in an anima but the snake charmer is too.... smart to be an anima. Not to mention that the snake charmer did offer androsi the chance to be a princess, could something that came from within her really make her such an offer? I could buy the guy not finding her on accident but if it turns out he is from whithin androsi that would be all levels of strange.
Well if you remember the archenemy snakes were essentially purged by the other snakes. So, theoretically the real Snake Charmer powers from her took over the archenemy there. If that makes sense?

And if you go back to the story she told Baam and Koon it offered her the chance to be a princess but how it actually did it was by murdering her parents and getting her installed in a declining noble family that where desperate to produce a princess. So he didn't actually make her a princess. She did by going to that family.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
To be clear I'm not sure this theory makes sense but that it's not completely outlandish illustrates how strange the situation with her and the Snake Charmer is.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,718
Reaction score
61,439
Gender
Male
Country
France
Her last name must be from one of the 10 Families, right? Since she has been adopted by one of them. I don't think the name SIU is hiding is related to her true origins. She doesn't know her biological parents. I am more curious about her race nowadays. She has that horn on her forehead. Androssi is talented but her race might play a role in this too.

One thing is sure, her family seems to have a conflict with the Lo Po Bia. I used to think she had been adopted by the Hendo Lok, I still think it makes more sense but for some reason I believe it won't be the case.
 

Vitala

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2018
Messages
601
Reaction score
630
Age
33
Country
Cape Verde
SIU has said androsi's family name will eventually be revealed. I'd be fairly surprised if she turns out to be related to the 10 families... It's not like she has exhibited any traits which scream 10 families so far. Her most exceptional quality seems to be her physical endurance but that would only leave the ha family... I could see androsi being the sole survivor of a special family or something. It'd be interesting if this eventually leads to her finding out she has some sort of family trait which she has never developed or what otherwise deemed lost by towerfolk.
That most exeptional quality you are speaking is a trait of all Zahard princess and it's even more ridiculous for princesses of GF, androssi as a princess has a very simple body compared to those from great family.
Even if she is from a family it must be natives of the tower, nothing compared to the 10 families descendant of irregulars.

Demonspeed, i don't think she was adopted by a ten families, it will not make sense, since she said the family was desperate to produce a family, also it was said the family were she was adopted was a family with just the head as the only ranker, that doesn't look like even a branch family, also why would she be adopted by hendo when we have hendo lok gladmerry zahard.
Her family has any confilct with the lo po bia, aguero and shilial said during the NHS that androssi is not from a great family, i noticed that readers love to connect every baam friends with the 10 families, maybe you expect that baam and his friends will mimic the Great warriors but they are all irregulars, baam team is insignifiant in the grand sheme of thing, i'am speaking about the true game played by people like gustang and headon not kids game played by Aguero.
 
Last edited:

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That most exeptional quality you are speaking is a trait of all Zahard princess and it's even more ridiculous for princesses of GF, androssi as a princess has a very simple body compared to those from great family.
Even if she is from a family it must be natives of the tower, nothing compared to the 10 families descendant of irregulars.

Demonspeed, i don't think she was adopted by a ten families, it will not make sense, since she said the family was desperate to produce a family, also it was said the family were she was adopted was a family with just the head as the only ranker, that doesn't look like even a branch family, also why would she be adopted by hendo when we have hendo lok gladmerry zahard.
Her family has any confilct with the lo po bia, aguero and shilial said during the NHS that androssi is not from a great family, i noticed that readers love to connect every baam friends with the 10 families, maybe you expect that baam and his friends will mimic the Great warriors but they are all irregulars, baam team is insignifiant in the grand sheme of thing, i'am speaking about the true game played by people like gustang and headon not kids game played by Aguero.
We know Hendo Lok members have short lifespans. Maybe their skills aren’t enough to climb the tower and so there aren’t any other Rankers than Bloodmadder?? Her techniques are more Ha family than Hendo Lok though so I’m not so sure. It’s probably likely she’s from a branch family, but considering the secrecy it either connects to someone we already know or it’s a spoiler for a future arc.

As to connecting Bam and the GW... how can you not? It’s not to say their journey will be the same, but I think their experience will parallel that of the GW, are least at critical junctures. The difference is that Bam and his friends will stay together but Zahard and the GW did not. That difference will be the key to Bam succeeding where Zahard failed (at what I don’t know).

It’s clear to me that this arc shows how Zahard and the GW changed as they climbed, and that Bam and his friends will have to fight against similar temptations. This will be presented to data Zahard... I can’t say what his reaction will be to Bam’s desire to stay close to his friends.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
More like if Orochimaru had a kid and his snake abilities were inherited by that kid and manifested as an alternate personality.

Well if you remember the archenemy snakes were essentially purged by the other snakes. So, theoretically the real Snake Charmer powers from her took over the archenemy there. If that makes sense?

And if you go back to the story she told Baam and Koon it offered her the chance to be a princess but how it actually did it was by murdering her parents and getting her installed in a declining noble family that where desperate to produce a princess. So he didn't actually make her a princess. She did by going to that family.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
To be clear I'm not sure this theory makes sense but that it's not completely outlandish illustrates how strange the situation with her and the Snake Charmer is.
Well what I mean is that we learned later that the cursed seal actually contained essence of Orochimaru, sufficient that he could be recreated. So anyone that received that power actually had Orochimaru hiding inside them all along.

I had assumed that there was some piece of Zahard placed in each of the princesses (what form I have no idea) by SnakeMan (which explains the fainting... but how can Machenny still fight...). Such that all of the princesses have been affected by this guy in some way.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,718
Reaction score
61,439
Gender
Male
Country
France
That most exeptional quality you are speaking is a trait of all Zahard princess and it's even more ridiculous for princesses of GF, androssi as a princess has a very simple body compared to those from great family.
Even if she is from a family it must be natives of the tower, nothing compared to the 10 families descendant of irregulars.

Demonspeed, i don't think she was adopted by a ten families, it will not make sense, since she said the family was desperate to produce a family, also it was said the family were she was adopted was a family with just the head as the only ranker, that doesn't look like even a branch family, also why would she be adopted by hendo when we have hendo lok gladmerry zahard.
Her family has any confilct with the lo po bia, aguero and shilial said during the NHS that androssi is not from a great family, i noticed that readers love to connect every baam friends with the 10 families, maybe you expect that baam and his friends will mimic the Great warriors but they are all irregulars, baam team is insignifiant in the grand sheme of thing, i'am speaking about the true game played by people like gustang and headon not kids game played by Aguero.
In S1, Androssi revealed to Baam that she was adopted by a branch of the 10 Families. A family branch who was ruined and had only one Ranker. The head adopted many talented girls and trained them. As we all know, Androssi is the only survivor. In one of the recent chapters she only said ruined noble family, but it still fits. Androssi is not born in one of the Great Families, she has been adopted into one, that's the difference. Shilial and Lilial however have the Lo Po Bia bloodline and have been chosen as princesses. That's why they are acting like that.

I agree that her family is from natives of the Tower and I not trying to connect Baam's friends to the Great Families, but that's what she said.
 

StingingNettle

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2015
Messages
98
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is a good thread. Everyone needs to worship her royal highness more.

What is it about her that you like/love? A few things you can choose from, though its the tip of the iceberg.

Character Design: Light brown hair cut into a voluminous bob with bangs, often held in place by a Zahard clip next to her tiny horn. Red-Orange-Yellow lashes surrounding golden eyes. Petite frame with a sizeable bust.
-Ruthless when it comes to survival; understands that hard things need to be done to achieve your desires
-Honest with her feelings towards Baam, and not afraid to speak her thoughts aloud
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For me a lot of the appeal comes from how complex and deep she is as a character combined with how charismatic and entertaining she can be.

Even in ToG where a lot of characters have several layers to their personality there is so much substance to her. She's this idol type celebrity on the surface. A cunning and ruthless narcissist beneath that. And a girl longing for the warmth and family beneath that. But the really amazing thing to me is how SIU has put all of that into her and yet made her so self confident and self aware.

I remember what really cemented her for me as one of my favorite characters off all time was that moment in part 1 where she took out all of her team's other fisherman and then Baam, innocent guy that he was, confronts her about it. Wondering how she could betray her teammates like that. Her answer to him is incredible.

Androssi's words to Baam"...Baam. You said that you didn't understand why Rachel would climb the tower just to chase after stars, didn't you? To be honest, I don't either. I can't see what's so great about the stars. But, Baam, I don't understand why your chasing after Rachel either. I don't know what you see in her.

Now... it's probably weird to say this, but their is someone I want to climb the tower with as well. It's not like we have a good relationship like you and Rachel... Well, our relationship is terrible actually, but I get the feeling that she shouldn't fail... Ah, it's hard to explain. Well, there's just someone like that. That's why I ate up all the fisherman. They'd just get in the way sooner or later. Besides, I really don't know any other way than this.

I'm not expecting you to understand me though, and it doesn't change the fact that I'm a devil either. But I'm just following what my heart tells me to do. Isn't it the same for everyone? Only, we weren't wishing for the same thing.

That's why... you should do what you want."


That speech I find actually moving because it's so genuine to who she is. She doesn't try to soften in the slightest what she did. Instead shines a light on the ugly truth about herself in order to explain betrayal to a naive Baam and without a trace of the cynical self justification.

She sees the reality around her with an almost startling clarity. Another example is her frequently used metaphor of what Zahard Princesses really are using shoes. Very early on she explains the concept as pair of expensive shoes in display case. They are there, they may be beautiful, but you can't take them out. Which given what we've learned since is even more of a bullseye than we knew at the time.

She's not a perfect person either. Arrogant, temperamental, proud, are just a few of her many character flaws. But, above it all, she cares about people. Even when she knows it could and very well may get her killed. She knows exactly what traveling with Anak, an illegitimate Zahard Princess, means. Same thing for traveling with Baam an irregular and FUG slayer candidate, willing or not. She gets exactly how much danger she's putting herself in but she never hesitates Which is just one more thing that proves what a completely awesome and badass character she is.
 
Last edited:

StingingNettle

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2015
Messages
98
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For me a lot of the appeal comes from how complex and deep she is as a character combined with how charismatic and entertaining she can be.

Even in ToG where a lot of characters have several layers to their personality there is so much substance to her. She's this idol type celebrity on the surface. A cunning and ruthless narcissist beneath that. And a girl longing for the warmth and family beneath that. But the really amazing thing to me is how SIU has put all of that into her and yet made her so self confident and self aware.

I remember what really cemented her for me as one of my favorite characters off all time was that moment in part 1 where she took out all of her team's other fisherman and then Baam, innocent guy that he was, confronts her about it. Wondering how she could betray her teammates like that. Her answer to him is incredible.

Androssi's words to Baam"...Baam. You said that you didn't understand why Rachel would climb the tower just to chase after stars, didn't you? To be honest, I don't either. I can't see what's so great about the stars. But, Baam, I don't understand why your chasing after Rachel either. I don't know what you see in her.

Now... it's probably weird to say this, but their is someone I want to climb the tower with as well. It's not like we have a good relationship like you and Rachel... Well, our relationship is terrible actually, but I get the feeling that she shouldn't fail... Ah, it's hard to explain. Well, there's just someone like that. That's why I ate up all the fisherman. They'd just get in the way sooner or later. Besides, I really don't know any other way than this.

I'm not expecting you to understand me though, and it doesn't change the fact that I'm a devil either. But I'm just following what my heart tells me to do. Isn't it the same for everyone? Only, we weren't wishing for the same thing.

That's why... you should do what you want."


That speech I find actually moving because it's so genuine to who she is. She doesn't try to soften in the slightest what she did. Instead shines a light on the ugly truth about herself in order to explain betrayal to a naive Baam and without a trace of the cynical self justification.

She sees the reality around her with an almost startling clarity. Another example is her frequently used metaphor of what Zahard Princesses really are using shoes. Very early on she explains the concept as pair of expensive shoes in display case. They are there, they may be beautiful, but you can't take them out. Which given what we've learned since is even more of a bullseye than we knew at the time.

She's not a perfect person either. Arrogant, temperamental, proud, are just a few of her many character flaws. But, above it all, she cares about people. Even when she knows it could and very well may get her killed. She knows exactly what traveling with Anak, an illegitimate Zahard Princess, means. Same thing for traveling with Baam an irregular and FUG slayer candidate, willing or not. She gets exactly how much danger she's putting herself in but she never hesitates Which is just one more thing that proves what a completely awesome and badass character she is.
Nicely said. Her speech to Baam was my favorite part of the first season. Hard to believe that Siu felt like the chapter was rushed. It was this moment that she hit peak awesomeness. People always look back at the first season and think of the moment Rachel pushed Baam off, but to me this is more memorable.

As a final note,underlying that arrogance and temperament is an insecure person who feels threatened by others but the only person she will admit it to is Baam. As enjoyable as ruthless Androssi is, seeing her vulnerable side pulls everything together. Where do we go from here when she's already perfect? Looking forward to how her relationships progresse. Hopefully, Siu won't disappoint.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
To me androsi comes of more as cynical rather than insanely over complex. She gives that speech about why she does stuff she wants and she is a devil but.... In the grand scheme of things androsi talks big about being evil and whatnot but when it comes to it she ends up doing the decent thing. Which is not to say she hasn't done legitimately bad stuff (presumably killing her potential princess rivals) but all things considered nowadays she is nowehere near as bad as she wants to pretend. I mean, even the stuff she did that lead to the speech about her being evil at the FoT is not even evil. She betrayed her teammates to help anak... So what? Bam at that point was so innocent he couldn't understand why people who were competing with one another would actually compete even though it wasn't even a life or death scenario. granted it was dangerous but the test itself wasn't a life or death thing.

Androsi consistently protects her friends even if it puts her at avoidable risk
Androsi consistently goes out of her way to protect anak
She claims she doesn't care the snake charmer killing her parents but not even bam bought that. If not even bam bought it it means that what androsi was selling was laughable at best.

Can you imagine androsi being anything like she describes herself and not murdering aguero the second he refused to give her elaine's name?

Ultimately androsi is far more decent than she lets on. She seems like she simply doesn't want to admit it to herself. Probably because she would see that kindness as weakness. And also probably because then she'd have to deal with the grief of having her parents taken from her in such a manner. and then deal with the fact that she has done some pretty horrible stuff that she can't take back....
 

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
I'm reviving this thread because I think Androssi is due for a "significant life event" by the end of the current arc. It feels like we're maybe 10-20 chapters from some big development, and thus IMHO approaching last call for discussion before that looming "big development".

Specifically, it's been hammered-on since forever, now, that "Androssi is going to wind up in deep trouble (due to Anak&Baam)". She's avoided consequences so far but, I mean, let's be real: right now she's openly committing treason alongside Baam, and doing it in full view of Zahard's army. Consequences seem inevitable now, and perhaps even immediate.

What do people think happens with her, in/after this arc?

I can see a lot of possiblities, but for me the big question is "will she stay prominent or get backburnered?" I lean towards "stay prominent", but only if some development makes her more "central" to the story. Backburnering her is simpler—kill her off, capture her, heel turn, etc.—but less fun. The snake charmer seems introduced to set her up as "more significant"—part of some plan, of special heritage, or both—but hard to know what it'll be. I have two crack theories on heritage: (1) Androssi's father actually being Zahard (thus being a "true" princess); (2) Androssi being a memory-holed younger sister of Eurasia Enne Zahard. (2) is a wild guess, but don't dismiss (1): IMHO it actually fits pretty well, especially in the introductory parts of S1.

Final note: I go back and forth between SIU writing her as "crazy in love" or "crazy; in love". The overall tone makes it hard to tell, but I lean towards being initially-planned as either "crazy; in love" or "fragile; in love" but it's since been abandoned, toned-down, or it's just too soon to really go there. Name hunt arc is interesting in this regard b/c the overall logic of scenario is consistent with Androssi using it as a reckless, crazy scheme to engineer a transfer from her old team over to Baam's. I can show my work, here, but I'm just saying I could see it being originally-outlined as "crazy; in love" but toned-down when written-out.

Thoughts on "crazy in love" vs "crazy; in love?"
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think she stays prominent. SIU teased a while ago that a Princess themed arc would come after the Hell Train. So I feel like she's got to be a part of that.

She's definitely going to be in trouble though. Her, Yuri, and Baam are rebelling against the Zahard Empire openly and in a big way. What are the consequences for that? I honestly don't know but I feel confident in saying there will be some. The only way around that is if the entire Zahard Army gets wiped out. And I just don't see that happening.

And I suspect we'll see those in the next arc as Maschenny continues to try to get her hands on Green April.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, unless things take a turn for the weird it is extremely likely that androsi from this point onward will remain a fugitive. The issue is when and how the empire will target her. I assume that when things return to normal androsi will enjoy her regular protection again and her only risk while climbing will be other regulars and the occasional rogue ranker that has the balls to ignore the rules. And odds are androsi will be mostly untouchable in the near future when it comes to other regulars. She has a shinsoo quality, and a rare one at that, which is something even rankers might not have.... I would venture the guess that within 20 floors she will have strength comparable to a ranker.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I think she stays prominent. SIU teased a while ago that a Princess themed arc would come after the Hell Train. So I feel like she's got to be a part of that.

She's definitely going to be in trouble though. Her, Yuri, and Baam are rebelling against the Zahard Empire openly and in a big way. What are the consequences for that? I honestly don't know but I feel confident in saying there will be some. The only way around that is if the entire Zahard Army gets wiped out. And I just don't see that happening.

And I suspect we'll see those in the next arc as Maschenny continues to try to get her hands on Green April.
I don't believe it would solve the problem though. With so many lighthouses and observers on this battlefield, I think it would make no sense if information about the battle isn't being transfered to to Zahard's QG.

That being said, I tend to believe that she's "crazy; in love".
I think she didn't know what to do with her feelings toward Baam, but Zahard made the choice for her when he ordered everyone on the hell train to be executed.

And now it just hit me that Androssi will never be a "choosen princess", as probably most readers thought when she was introduced to the main cast.
 

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
One minor thing I forgot: I feel like this is obvious, but isn't Androssi's shinsoo quality/special attack clearly referencing/imitating the the snake charmer's snakes? It's not 1:1, but in same ballpark?

One bigger thing: I think Baam having Arlene's pocket and knowing Zahard's dirty secrets, etc., actually introduces a lot of room for things to get really weird. Further, it also seems like, tl;dr, (1) part of the prophecy must include an irregular/princess team-up, (2) this part is kept generally hush-hush for a reason (bad end?), and (3) at least Garam and Maschenny know about this part. Further tl;dr is Maschenny's scheme is consistent with (1) manipulating events to make sure Baam survives but also (2) manipulating events to "ensure" his allies don't, thereby (3) allowing Maschenny to control Baam by manipulating him into teaming up with a princess of Maschenny's choosing (guessing Maria). Call this a hunch.

At the same time, we're well setup for Baam, Androssi, etc., becoming luxury fugitives: the last station is a warp-capable warship by itself, and if they can recover El Robina they're pretty well-prepared for a life on the run; throw in a not-actually-dead Jinsung and the "rice pot" as a home gym and what else do they need? I expect nothing will go as expected, but the setup is already in place.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
One minor thing I forgot: I feel like this is obvious, but isn't Androssi's shinsoo quality/special attack clearly referencing/imitating the the snake charmer's snakes? It's not 1:1, but in same ballpark?

One bigger thing: I think Baam having Arlene's pocket and knowing Zahard's dirty secrets, etc., actually introduces a lot of room for things to get really weird. Further, it also seems like, tl;dr, (1) part of the prophecy must include an irregular/princess team-up, (2) this part is kept generally hush-hush for a reason (bad end?), and (3) at least Garam and Maschenny know about this part. Further tl;dr is Maschenny's scheme is consistent with (1) manipulating events to make sure Baam survives but also (2) manipulating events to "ensure" his allies don't, thereby (3) allowing Maschenny to control Baam by manipulating him into teaming up with a princess of Maschenny's choosing (guessing Maria). Call this a hunch.

At the same time, we're well setup for Baam, Androssi, etc., becoming luxury fugitives: the last station is a warp-capable warship by itself, and if they can recover El Robina they're pretty well-prepared for a life on the run; throw in a not-actually-dead Jinsung and the "rice pot" as a home gym and what else do they need? I expect nothing will go as expected, but the setup is already in place.
I cans see why you'd think that but IMHO its not the case. The first thing to consider is that nothing we know of suggests there should be a connection between her shinsoo's qualities and the snake charmer. The second is that shinsoo qualities as far as we know are based on real tools. The snake charmer is a bunch of snakes on top of each other under a trenchcoat. Androsi's needles are unsual but comparing them to living snakes in a literal way seems odd.

If bam and co are going to live as fugitives then I'd think a warship would be impractical for the time being. It's a tad too obvious for people presumably living on the run. Unless they get protection from a sufficient power until bam can tell high rankers to fuck off.
 
Top