Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,084
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
No need to apologize for such trivial matters. My post is not even one week old. :lmao

I actually finished Haibane Renmei yesterday. You recommended one hell of a deep feels trip there. Like you already implied, the series left many things up to our interpretation, other things were not touched/answered at all. But at the end of day, I didn't feel like I need to know who the Communicator is, what the Togas are or what's beyond the wall. The message was delivered. What I liked most about the series is that it dealt with suicides, at least in case of the main characters Rakka and Reki. I have an unpopular opinion about this topic and the way the series handled it was very fitting and to my likings. For example the whole scene in the well where Rakka finally acknowledges that she indeed hurt someone was brilliantly yet in a subtile way conveyed to us. At this point, the crow could symbolize anyone from Rakka's previous life. Her mother, father or both parents who actually cared for Rakka. But Rakka either didn't see it or she talked herself into believing that they didn't care for her. I don't think I need to mention what might happen with parents who lose their beloved child. Or it could be just a simple stranger who tried but failed to save Rakka, putting said stranger into misery and self-doubts. The possibilities are endless. The well-arc highlights many of my arguments in regards to this topic, hence the reason why I liked the series as a whole so much. Reki's conclusion was nicely done. I was as shocked as herself when she read the message of the Communicator and rememberred her dream again, it was like "everything makes sense now". A tragic character who can finally move on (heaven? rebirth? Old Home = stopover?), because she reached out for help. Which is actually an easy thing to do, but somehow we make it the hardest action we could possibly take. Quite sad, huh?

It's too bad that the series has a very slow start and pace. I can see a lot of people dropping it because the slice of life part is just not enough to keep them interested til the 6th episode, which is where the series truly unfolds. In any case, thanks a lot for the recommendation, it was a thoughtful show with a very charming cast.:bobriki

No screen, because I watched the rest of the episodes on my tablet. :nomoar
Wooow you already completed it :zomg



im impressed, glad you enjoyed it
yeah agree with you im very fine with the ending despite everything not being explained, like you i dont feel it was necessary in the end, it gives audience the opportunity to give various understanings/interpretations. yeah the topic was suicide (maybe more generally speaking self-loath). agree with your analyse. Yeah 1st past was slower, but i had the feeling when i was watching that there was something off, and possibly great tragedy behind some if not most of the cast especially beacuse of how kuu was behaving. And i checked back indeed Reiki name means being runned over/cut in half by a train (she s possibly the char that suffered the most) and yeah i do think the crow in rakkas dream to symbolyze some close relative (likely her mother)
here what i wrote in another thread because im too lazy to write more creatively :arf:

"completeeed it !!!! that was briliant, i really loved it, sweet and sad, deals a lot with empathy and self-loath/lself-acceptance. Some reiki scenes really did made me cry :pout
S0 the place within the walls if did understand properly was a kind of purgatory ? Reiki and Rakka were linked to the Sin because of their suicide i think (i checked back on internet seems suicide is regarded as a sin in basically all religions).
[...]
questions asked to me :
  1. What did you expect from this series and what have you got?
  2. Who is your favorite character?
  3. What was your favorite episode?
answers :
1- What did i expect well, its hard to say, i knew it was dealing about death due to the angel look, and bc of the use of a lot of symbols like crows from the vry beginning (which are regarded as psychopomp animals i think at least in western, but still are seen as god messengers in Japanese mythologies) i knew something was off bc of the gray color wings mention in the title ( neither black nor white so something about neither good, nor evil or something like this) later the tolling bell. therefore i knew there will be likely some tragic things, but actually i thought we will learn more about characters life hen they were alive. didnt know exactly what the show was going to be about, and it ended to be mindblowing at least for me. i loved both the sweet and biter/tragic sides. I liked the way it deals quite crudely with some specific topics but without being graphic, mostly everything is about suggestion. also as i said above the whole thing about self acceptance.

2- My favorite char would likely be Reki, i liked Hyoko too and the librarian this lady was so so awesome :zomg

3- hard to say, maybe the 6 which was a kind of turning point with Kuu disappearance, theres also the scene of Reki "birth" that was heartbreaking, the episode when Rakka was rescued and figures out her actual dream. the last epoisode was also a great candidate, nice wrapping slighyly sad but sweet."

some haibane art & gifs :



















Those are wonderful pictures. <3 Bort looks so cute. :lmao


And there are beautiful new HnK characters I haven't seen yet. :zomg

The last ones are Golden Kamuy, right (the arts are awesome!)? Do you read it?
Glad you like those arts, yeah bort is so so cute ♥
nah unfortunately i dont read Golden kamuy, would like to read it though but no time and started a lot of stuff that i need to complete 1st. wanted to watch the anime but 1st episode disppaointed me a lot, put it on hold, Demon told me next episodes are way better, i would definitely check it back Asap , love asirpa design and character though, shes amazing !! :zomg
if you can, no rush (dont feel forced to or anything just suggestions) i think you should like it, try to read Yotsuba-to, its currently one of my manga ♥ it reminds me barakamon somehow.

(if you can definitely watch this too (11 or 12 episodes) gifs above is from barakamon ) and if you re into drama tragic stuff, try Tokyo magnitude its great too (11 episodes)
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Do we really need to play this one? Pretty sure we're all choosing:
I only read One Piece out of that list. :lmao Which makes me kinda proud, since I can't be considered a mainstream guy. :lmao

And even One Piece, I wouldn't dare to put in my top15 or top20. I'm actually very interested in Kingdom and Vagabond. However, Kingdom has too many chapters. Vagabond on the other hand has the hiatus disease, hence I won't touch it no matter how great it is supposed to be. : /

yeah the topic was suicide (maybe more generally speaking self-loath).
Do you think it applies to every single Haibane? Because I kinda doubt that's the case, especially for the little ones. I thought they ust died way too early due to various circumstances (stillborn, illness, murder victim). But I could be wrong. Anyway, that's one of the things which made me really curious.

And i checked back indeed Reiki name means being runned over/cut in half by a train (she s possibly the char that suffered the most)
That scene will be the most memorable scene for me in this series. All the mystery about Reki revealed with a couple of kinda metaphoric words, simply beautiful. When she screamed for help, it felt a little bit like the scene between Robin and the Straw Hats at Enies Lobby. <3

1- What did i expect well, its hard to say, i knew it was dealing about death due to the angel look, and bc of the use of a lot of symbols like crows from the vry beginning (which are regarded as psychopomp animals i think at least in western, but still are seen as god messengers in Japanese mythologies) i knew something was off bc of the gray color wings mention in the title ( neither black nor white so something about neither good, nor evil or something like this) later the tolling bell. therefore i knew there will be likely some tragic things, but actually i thought we will learn more about characters life hen they were alive. didnt know exactly what the show was going to be about, and it ended to be mindblowing at least for me. i loved both the sweet and biter/tragic sides. I liked the way it deals quite crudely with some specific topics but without being graphic, mostly everything is about suggestion. also as i said above the whole thing about self acceptance.

2- My favorite char would likely be Reki, i liked Hyoko too and the librarian this lady was so so awesome :zomg

3- hard to say, maybe the 6 which was a kind of turning point with Kuu disappearance, theres also the scene of Reki "birth" that was heartbreaking, the episode when Rakka was rescued and figures out her actual dream. the last epoisode was also a great candidate, nice wrapping slighyly sad but sweet."
Agree with almost everything you pointed out. I actually didn't really know which direction the anime would take. It became more apparent for me after the 6th episode. And I forgot to mention Hyouko, he turned into a cool guy. But trying to get over the wall during a stormy/rainy day was not the smartest thing to do. :lmao But if I had to pick a favorite character, it would be pretty close between Reki and Rakka. I might like Reki slightly more, since I feel more sorry for her than Rakka, since she had also a very long tragic Haibane life. Loved the Reki flashback and how she ended up being friends with Nemu whom I respect a lot. And I think I liked the episodes in the well the most. Watching Rakka there all alone coming to an answer was heartbreaking. But almost every episode starting from the 6th were great.

Glad you like those arts, yeah bort is so so cute ♥
nah unfortunately i dont read Golden kamuy, would like to read it though but no time and started a lot of stuff that i need to complete 1st. wanted to watch the anime but 1st episode disppaointed me a lot, put it on hold, Demon told me next episodes are way better, i would definitely check it back Asap , love asirpa design and character though, shes amazing !! :zomg
if you can, no rush (dont feel forced to or anything just suggestions) i think you should like it, try to read Yotsuba-to, its currently one of my manga ♥ it reminds me barakamon somehow.

(if you can definitely watch this too (11 or 12 episodes) gifs above is from barakamon ) and if you re into drama tragic stuff, try Tokyo magnitude its great too (11 episodes)
I skimmed through some pages of Golden Kamuy, but came to conclusion that it's probably not my cup of tea. But I haven't read it at all. I actually considered to pick up Yotsuba-to, because it got a very high ranked and popular on MAL, but I ended up with Kono Oto Tomare. Currently, I won't pick up any ongoing series anytime soon, I think. My vacation is pretty much over and I hate the feeling of being "behind" in regards to anime/manga. :sweatdrop But whenever I feel like picking up an ongoing series, Yotsuba will surely be one of the candidates. But can't promise anything.

I already watched Tokyo Magnitude, it was a great and sad show. :zomg I will keep Barakamon in mind for my next vacation. : )
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
LOL... everytime when there is a family gathering and your router loses the internet connection. xD
They all act as if the world is going to end any second. :lmao I like the fact that your elders talked bad about you in the past because "you are always on your phone/tablet blabla". Today, my grandmother walks around the world with a smartphone in one hand, and a tablet in the another hand. Things, I'm not even able to do, lol. And whenever I tease her like "why are you always on your tablet?", she replies with a laugh "I didn't know this is so much fun". :fan

Literally me... in every freaking french exam. LITERALLY!
No offense, @Erinyes. :lmao I still know three french sentences! :zomg
Haha, funny, but gladly I never have been there. xD


I know, @Brandish can be weird sometimes. :oh
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
@Arjuna Randi-kun would love to talk about these mangas with you.
Well i haven't read OP so can't comment on it

not Slam Dunk too but i heard it's a milestone in Japanese manga history and popularised basketball in Japan

and the rest 8 are masterpieces.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
And even One Piece, I wouldn't dare to put in my top15 or top20. I'm actually very interested in Kingdom and Vagabond. However, Kingdom has too many chapters. Vagabond on the other hand has the hiatus disease, hence I won't touch it no matter how great it is supposed to be. : /
Kingdom is hype wheels in a battle shounen type of way. I flew thru those chaps in around 3 weeks. But as a weekly, I don't bother keeping up with it, and reading one arc at a time.

Vagabond's hiatus disease has progressed to the cancelled stage, if I've got my facts right. Just remember you're missing out on art that is >>>>> TPN :teehee

OP could be top 5 or not top 10, depends how I feel on the day.

@Arjuna Randi-kun would love to talk about these mangas with you.
I'm sure he would, those are all G.O.A.T mangas. How many of those have you read Magi, and do you have MAL? Add me, it's linked in my sig.

You gotta stop hating on that OP greatness :hmph
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Kingdom is hype wheels in a battle shounen type of way. I flew thru those chaps in around 3 weeks. But as a weekly, I don't bother keeping up with it, and reading one arc at a time.
Nah, I'm not catching up with a series which has approx. 600 chapters, I missed that boat already. There are tons of great series we don't read, one more doesn't make any difference. :teach
Vagabond's hiatus disease has progressed to the cancelled stage, if I've got my facts right. Just remember you're missing out on art that is >>>>> TPN :teehee
That's good - and unfortunate - to know. I can finally delete the series entirely from my mind. :amuse
Just remember you're missing out on art that is >>>>> TPN :teehee

Come on Brandish, you can tease much better than that. :lmao I like the art of TPN, but never considered it the creme de la creme. Moreover, I seriously prefer missing out an outstanding art rather than ending up with an incomplete series. : )
OP could be top 5 or not top 10, depends how I feel on the day.
Well, to each his own. The Fishmen, Dressrosa and WCI arc took a huge toll on the series in my view. I don't think Oda will ever be able to keep me as hyped as before the timeskip ever again. It's still a good series I enjoy overall.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Syx you might like Berserk

If you can withstand that much dark theme


The art is also top tier too

Most people consider it to be the best manga of all time


Just see MAL ranking or pick up a random YouTube video you will always see Berserk at no. 1 place.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore

Come on Brandish, you can tease much better than that. :lmao


Was referring to the Manga Wars match between Vaga and TPN, where art was up for debate. If I really tried I'd leave this level of impression:



(okay maybe not to Isabella lvl ; ) )

I like the art of TPN, but never considered it the creme de la creme. Moreover, I seriously prefer missing out an outstanding art rather than ending up with an incomplete series. : )
That's one of the reasons I'll probably leave it out. It'd be like having a car with no wheels, or bathing without drying off, or having sex without...

That aside, it's amazing as art, and samurai's are sugoi.

Well, to each his own. The Fishmen, Dressrosa and WCI arc took a huge toll on the series in my view. I don't think Oda will ever be able to keep me as hyped as before the timeskip ever again. It's still a good series I enjoy overall.
I'll probably be taking one or two of Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail or Magi. All have drop offs at some point. But they get me hyped, so I like em.

Sometimes I think OP escapes the hate of the others, it's almost double standards. While it hasn't shot itself in the foot or embarrassed itself, there's a fall no doubt about it.

If Zoro gets a great fight, giving OP a 10 on MAL :teehee
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India


Was referring to the Manga Wars match between Vaga and TPN, where art was up for debate. If I really tried I'd leave this level of impression:



(okay maybe not to Isabella lvl ; ) )



That's one of the reasons I'll probably leave it out. It'd be like having a car with no wheels, or bathing without drying off, or having sex without...

That aside, it's amazing as art, and samurai's are sugoi.



I'll probably be taking one or two of Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail or Magi. All have drop offs at some point. But they get me hyped, so I like em.

Sometimes I think OP escapes the hate of the others, it's almost double standards. While it hasn't shot itself in the foot or embarrassed itself, there's a fall no doubt about it.

If Zoro gets a great fight, giving OP a 10 on MAL :teehee
I personally will put Vagabond art above TPN.

Almost like anime panels.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Syx you might like Berserk
I know.
If you can withstand that much dark theme
You think there is something I can't handle?


Most people consider it to be the best manga of all time


Just see MAL ranking or pick up a random YouTube video you will always see Berserk at no. 1 place.
I think everyone who is a little bit into manga knows this. :lmao But doesn't Berserk have the hiatus disease as well?

Besides, Griffith did nothing wrong.

Was referring to the Manga Wars match between Vaga and TPN, where art was up for debate.
There was? Interesting. Was it you who nominated Vagabond?
If I really tried I'd leave this level of impression:



(okay maybe not to Isabella lvl ; ) )
:lmao Don't scare me like that. This is still one of my favorite TPN panels. <3

I'll probably be taking one or two of Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail or Magi. All have drop offs at some point. But they get me hyped, so I like em.
Hmh... I can't compare One Piece with the likes of FT, Magi or Naruto. The latter three became a train wreck - obviously speaking from my pov - and they didn't even hit as many chapters as One Piece. One Piece hasn't become a train wreck, not at all. And if I had to make a guess, I would say it will never become one. OP isn't bad, it's just not as great as in the past. Oda does a tremendous job by keeping this consistent level, even though we are above 900 chapters already. That shouldn't be underestimated... +900 freaking chapters.
Sometimes I think OP escapes the hate of the others, it's almost double standards. While it hasn't shot itself in the foot or embarrassed itself, there's a fall no doubt about it.
Oh, I can agree so much on this. There are a lot of things people would crucify Hiro or Kishimoto for if they had done the things Oda did here and there. But well, we can say that Oda earned himself such loyal followers. :amuse
If Zoro gets a great fight, giving OP a 10 on MAL :teehee
I don't even know if there exists a character, who could give Zoro a run for his money. :lmao Maybe if Big Mom and Kaido team up against him after Zoro solos the three Disasters, who knows.



 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I know.

You think there is something I can't handle?



I think everyone who is a little bit into manga knows this. :lmao But doesn't Berserk have the hiatus disease as well?

Besides, Griffith did nothing wrong.



There was? Interesting. Was it you who nominated Vagabond?

:lmao Don't scare me like that. This is still one of my favorite TPN panels. <3


Hmh... I can't compare One Piece with the likes of FT, Magi or Naruto. The latter three became a train wreck - obviously speaking from my pov - and they didn't even hit as many chapters as One Piece. One Piece hasn't become a train wreck, not at all. And if I had to make a guess, I would say it will never become one. OP isn't bad, it's just not as great as in the past. Oda does a tremendous job by keeping this consistent level, even though we are above 900 chapters already. That shouldn't be underestimated... +900 freaking chapters.

Oh, I can agree so much on this. There are a lot of things people would crucify Hiro or Kishimoto for if they had done the things Oda did here and there. But well, we can say that Oda earned himself such loyal followers. :amuse

I don't even know if there exists a character, who could give Zoro a run for his money. :lmao Maybe if Big Mom and Kaido team up against him after Zoro solos the three Disasters, who knows.



Have you read Vinland Saga?
 
Top