Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haikyuu s4 was all I needed.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I want to see Tamura with a spokon.

I want Galaxy Gangs.

I want Chainsaw Man to succeed and have video game tie ins.

I want Wano to remain best arc

I want Jujutsu to remain hype

I want David to beat forced Jimoto

I want Black Clover to end

I want Kishitimoto's new series to flop.
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
691
Reaction score
604
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
- Higuma succeeds.
- Jujutsu and Act-age anime announcements.
- David-kun not getting cancelled.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Happy New Year everyone!

My Wishlist:

- MHA getting to that 1M seller
- Souma ending :derp
- Boruto cancelled
- Samurai 8 gets a strong start and maintains it well
- Tosh getting an actual writer and starting a battle manga around the end of the year
- Komi returns with an adventure/battle manga as well (still salty over DA:-_-)
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Happy New Year, everyone.

Shoseki Rankings (24/12-30/12)
3. One Piece #91
10. My Hero Academia #21
16. Haikyu!! #35
43. World Trigger #19
55. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma #32
116. Jujutsu Kaisen #0
122. Jujutsu Kaisen #3
155. Dr. Stone #8
177. We Never Learn #9
234. Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs #13

30位21650/50位16000/100位10150/200位5500/300位3900/400位3200/500位2650
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
World triggers first time charting for an entire month right? Congrats.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
People wishing for cancellations and flops. Cruel.
yeah, I can see why it would be under predictions but not wish list. How selfish does one have to be to want every series they don't like to end? I also don't get the people posting sales stuff. Unless you're working for Shueisha as long as it sells enough to not get cancelled who cares how much something actually sells?
 

FengarGB

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
63
Reaction score
43
Age
32
Country
Brazil
2019 wishlist:

Remake anime for Slam Dunk with some special chapter to commemorate;
Jujutsu Kaisen gets a killer arc and anime announcement (by bones or mappa, madhouse HxH style being a distant dream)
Act Age selling more and getting a anime by shaft or J.C Staff (nodame cantabile style);
A new sports series being a success;
Series that are in the ending stage ending in a natural way;
More duos when it comes to authors and artists to help with the health problems;
Kimetsu anime being a success and helping the manga;
At least one out of the box shonen like Assassination Classroom;
Black clover and MHA enjoying success and the war between the fanbases to end.
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Happy new year!!
I just wish authors, editors and others involved would stay healthy, losing some classic voice such as Ishizuka Unsho, VA of Josef (JJBA)/Kizaru (OP) and many many others, Fujita Toshiko which voiced Dai from WSJ Dragon Quest anime, and many others was really hard for me this year.
 

FengarGB

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
63
Reaction score
43
Age
32
Country
Brazil
yeah, I can see why it would be under predictions but not wish list. How selfish does one have to be to want every series they don't like to end? I also don't get the people posting sales stuff. Unless you're working for Shueisha as long as it sells enough to not get cancelled who cares how much something actually sells?
I want act-age to sell more so it can get a anime with good production and more stability on the magazine.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does selling more really correlate with a better produced anime?
 

FengarGB

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
63
Reaction score
43
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Does selling more really correlate with a better produced anime?
Maybe it's no the only decisive factor (look at we never learn) but i think it does help with the decision.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This is the year we are going to see Black Clover surpass Naruto in sales.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anime being pierrot or production ig seems to be the best, as you're easily guaranteed lots of episodes which means more revenue.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This is the year we are going to see Black Clover surpass Naruto in sales.
BLack Clover sold more than Naruto sold in 2018
 

Unok

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
703
Reaction score
2,915
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Wishlist? Hmm, maybe:
- Iwashiro returning with new action series
- Shiibashi returning with new action series
- Shimabukuro returning (I feel it may be a gag series)
- Jujutsu Kaisen anime announcement (that's almost certain), but by studio like Madhouse, MAPPA, VOLN, Bones
- Kimetsu 2nd season announcement
- Psyren anime announcement
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,549
Reaction score
15,715
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho getting even more recognizion and finally entire manga being scanlated to english is a thing I dream everyday.

Also, hopefully this year is the one when we will finally meet the Black Bulls vice-captain in Black Clover. As I said in post 1, I also hope Black Clover ends in top-10 of Oricon this year (if Slam Dunk re-sells wouldn't happened this year, Black Clover would have ended 10th. Still, is BC own fault for losing against freaking Slime).
 

ThunderStorm

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2018
Messages
84
Reaction score
160
Age
30
Country
Portugal

- Big boost for Kimetsu, Promised Neverland, Dr.Stone
- Jujutsu success + anime announcement / Actage as well
- Black Clover movie / MHA 2nd movie
- A new sports series (handball time)
- Samurai 8 becomes great
- Another hype battle manga
- Small sale increase for Boruto
- Slam Dunk Anime Remake

Anyway, Ii's gonna be a good year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top