Discussion - How strong would be a One mode Mael | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How strong would be a One mode Mael

titantron91

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
After this current chapter what do you guys think how strong will mael be in one mode especially in one mode can his abilities power also increase
Escanor needed The One to render Ominous Nebula useless.
Mael with Sun neutralized the Sinner, melted Zeldris' sword, and rendered Ominous Nebula and DK Magic useless.

The One Mael obliterates Zeldris and the Sinner at the same time sideways up their butts unless Zeldris (hypothetically) goes Indura.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Excluding the Gods and maybe OG magic Mel, nobody should be able to handle him. Maybe the Sinner powered up at max by Crisis could handle him, even though I doubt it given his performance thus far. That should tell you how strong I think he is. He's basically like The One Escanor but on a way more powerful body that has other techniques like Ark, high regenerative capabilities and better mastery over the Grace.

Edit: I found this on Reddit a while ago and I thought it would be nice to show here. All credit goes to Escanor_9000:

Mael has a cameltoe here

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Same as when the supposedly 140k Meliodas pinned down Zeldris with a magical attack while the latter was using the DK's power capable of stopping even King's sunflower. TO Mael's PL probably won't be shown as it's broken AF. He's definetely stronger than the Sinner I think.
yeah and that 140k meliodas you said is like a bad estimation since prime meliodas rendered DKs magic and overpowered it with darkness itself which CONSIDERED to be magical. Back to the point meliodas is the strongest demon by far aside from DK and no statements won't help you all.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Escanor needed The One to render Ominous Nebula useless.
Mael with Sun neutralized the Sinner, melted Zeldris' sword, and rendered Ominous Nebula and DK Magic useless.

The One Mael obliterates Zeldris and the Sinner at the same time sideways up their butts unless Zeldris (hypothetically) goes Indura.
I don’t believe he rendered DK magic useless. There’s a reason mael resorted to physical combat no? Of course, the fight just started should be taken into account

titantron91

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I don’t believe he rendered DK magic useless. There’s a reason mael resorted to physical combat no? Of course, the fight just started should be taken into account
Yeah true, there's no strong indication that DK Magic was neutralized in any way. I stand corrected on that one.
We'll know for sure next week.

ubw178

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Mael didn't render DK magic useless. He simply made it unusable because he resorted to physical combat.
And since he's already in Zeldris' melee range ON is not useful either.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Mael didn't render DK magic useless. He simply made it unusable because he resorted to physical combat.
And since he's already in Zeldris' melee range ON is not useful either.
Well he used heat magic which melted the sword then why didn't DK magic render that heat useless?

ubw178

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Because it's heat lol.
DK's magic prevents any magic attacks from harming Zel. Melting his sword is a different story.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Because it's heat lol.
DK's magic prevents any magic attacks from harming Zel. Melting his sword is a different story.
Isnt heat magic from sunshine a magic source so indirectly its a magic

ubw178

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It might be but I don't think DK's magic affects his sword

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
It might be but I don't think DK's magic affects his sword
But he was holding the sword in his hand which is DK magic has contact with the sword.
Also if it would have been an merciless mael of the past he would have let that intense heat melt Zeldris not hold it back so as not to kill him

ubw178

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I'm not sure the heat is enough to kill a top-tier demon. I think the heat-thing was explained by Escanor in last chapter.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Why would the chapter bother to specifically say Mael bypassed the DK's magic if all Mael did was resort to physical attacks?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's hard to say tbh. So far sunshine seems to work differently from other graces in some aspect hence its exact specks and effects are somewhat of a mystery even now. When it comes to flash, ocean and tornado it seems like the graces are basically just extremely powerful abilities. They work more or less like innate magics do. In turn sunshine seems to be even more than that. Sunshine seems to be genuinely connected to the sun. A huge mass of immense energy... And the result of that is the user getting substantially increased PL in both strength and magic apparently along with the ability to conjure up suns to throw at people. I wouldn't find it that strange if someone fully capable of using the one had for that one minute strength comparable to the gods in this series. People in this series make due with the magic they get on earth and sun seems to have a genuine connection to the sun....

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
People here stuck with the whole idea "mael overpowered DKs magic" if he did we wouldve gotten a reaction from zeldris like how he did when meliodas overpowered hisborrowed magic.

The heat is NOT magical attack due to the fact it's an armor not a offensive thing. The whole reason the sword melted due to maels presence being near so he cant use ang swordsmanship. I'm not downplaying mael here but the fact yall stuck with this brutal theory without any evidence which it didnt have in the first. Not only that mael did not deny what zeldris said to him about his magic attack wouldnt work which he didnt disagree hence he resorted into combat rather than spamming "Greatest Sun".

In terms of scaling he should be leagues snd leagues above The one Escanor. I can argue that mael even post noon is stronger than escanor at his peak not because how he uses the power but how hes being powered up by and based off feats and statement can be backed up.

ubw178

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Mael rendered God useless because he isn't using magical attacks. There's no point in blocking magical attacks if there are no such attacks.
And about ON, it pulls everyone towards Zeldris and he strikes them with his sword, knocking them back, then repeat until they die. Mael is in melee range so there's no point "pulling" him in. Also Zel's sword is melted so all that's left is hand-to-hand combat.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
It's hard to say tbh. So far sunshine seems to work differently from other graces in some aspect hence its exact specks and effects are somewhat of a mystery even now. When it comes to flash, ocean and tornado it seems like the graces are basically just extremely powerful abilities. They work more or less like innate magics do. In turn sunshine seems to be even more than that. Sunshine seems to be genuinely connected to the sun. A huge mass of immense energy... And the result of that is the user getting substantially increased PL in both strength and magic apparently along with the ability to conjure up suns to throw at people. I wouldn't find it that strange if someone fully capable of using the one had for that one minute strength comparable to the gods in this series. People in this series make due with the magic they get on earth and sun seems to have a genuine connection to the sun....
Wow it maybe right never thought it that way

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Considering how the mere ''life force'' of a dying fodder human can sustain the grace on an comparable level to the Demon King in his prime, perhaps Mael in his ''One Ultimate'' form can easily surpass the Gods.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Well everyone in the manga is weaker than Meliodas, I mean it's just matter of time and we get Meliodas stronger than Chaos lol. It's not about Mel, it's about how strong he is compared to others rather than Meliodas, cause as I said and everyone knows he's nakaba's favorite...... ......
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tho yes I would agree that One Ultimate Mael would be easily far stronger than the gods only Meliodas (for obvious reasons) and Chaos should be stronger than him.

I mean Escanor while a Human burnt his life force along with sunshine and got such insane boost then such a strong goddess like Mael who has a goddess body, with strong base, insane goddess healing etc should definitely be insanely stronger than Escanor.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also I won't argue over the if Escanor is a special human case that's why he got so much stronger and held it for so many years...... Well yes he might be something special but Nakaba didn't say or show anything like that so till he shows anything like that, it's not Canon so Mael would be far stronger ,just that Mael is more magical and Escanor is more brute strength.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mael has fulfilled his role as a hype tool for Mel.
Nakabas biggest miss to me was not having a Mael v. Mel showdown. We have all these statements about them being equals, the love triangle, and yet all we get is a yin-yang panel and then a comment that Mel made him retreat. Like what??? Do better.
I guess it’s the same as Nakaba making those bloody Ellie statements despite barely showing anything. The equivalent of throwing a bone to Eli fans and based on the comments it seems to at least satisfied the Liz fan base, lol.

And why have King defeat Mael?? It’s cool that King got his moment, but I think him taking out the sinner would’ve been better.