Submissions MangaHelpers Special Art Contest: Valentines Day - Romeo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,892
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands


MangaHelpers Special Art Contest: Valentines Day​

Hi everyone! And welcome to our special Valentines Day Art Contest. February the 14th is right around the corner, so there is no better time for this romantic contest.


Theme: Valentines Day
Category: Freestyle
​


Source​

So what does this mean, a Valentines Day Art Contest?
- For this contest you have to pair up with someone - a team of two people in total. This can be anyone, a friend, a lover, your mistress, an ex, maybe your enemy. There are no gender restrictions, every kind of pair is more than welcome to join.
- It's a freestyle art contest. As a team, you chose from the following categories: Pick up lines, letter writing, photography, drawing, short story, poetry, avatar/signature, banner, badge creation, coloring, video,
-
You create half of the submission, your partner creates half of the submission - The submissions have to fit.
- You can mix the categories: For example - Juliet writes a letter. Romeo creates a drawing that compliments the letter. The drawing is a visual representation of the letter.
- Make sure you submit your creations in the different threads ("Romeo" and "Juliet" respectively).
- The team with the most votes overall will be announced as the winner when the voting period is closed.



What do I need to know before submission?
  • All members are welcome to join the contest. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to participate.
  • Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
  • Each participant can only submit ONE ENTRY and it must be a new piece. So don’t try to be smart and enter a piece used in past contests.
  • Submissions not following the weeks theme will result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it here.
  • For short story/letter writing/pick-up lines: Maximum text length is 50 lines or 3000 characters (with space).
  • For any submission that is a picture (avatar&signature set, photography, banner, badge): Use MangaHelpers’ Media Gallery to upload your entries. Any problem with uploading, let us know. You must credit the artist of the stock images you’re using (see example below). This goes from renders to brushes and textures. If it’s all original art, write so in the credits.
  • For avatar and signature set: Forum Rules are applied unless stated otherwise. That means your signature must not exceed 600 x 200px and 500KB. For avatars, the maximum size is 150 x 300px and 100KB.
  • For banner: The image size is 1180 x 120px. MangaHelpers Community logo must be in it (you can use this PSD file).
  • For drawing: Drawings can be done on paper or computer. You must credit the artist of any images you use as inspiration. If it’s all original art, write so in the credits.
  • For photography: Color corrections and native camera filters can be used, but no excessive manipulation in Photoshop and similar softwares.
  • For badge: The dimensions for forum badges is 28 x 28px
  • No excessive, suggestive, spoiler, or porn-related imagery in the contest.
  • Plagiarizing will result in immediate disqualification from this contest and possibly future contests also. Leadership point deductions, loss of artist status and badges, and/or account bans may also occur.
  • Submission is open until February 24, 2019, at 23:00 (GMT)

How do I upload and submit my entry?
  • For short story/poem: Post your full text here in this thread. Choose a title for your entry, and post it in the format specified below.
Post Format:
"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Artist Name"

"Full text here"

"Comments"

"Credits"

  • For avatar & signature set, banner, and badge: Go HERE. (07- Sets & Wallpapers Contest). For drawing: Go 01- Fanart: Coloring & Drawing Contest. For photography: Go 05- Photos & Videos Contest.
  • Click the "Upload Image" button.
  • After upload is completed, you'll be shown your uploaded image with an edit box for commentary/additional information. After adding necessary information you wish, click "Save Media" and you'll be brought to the sharing media page.
  • Choose the "Share BB Code" and post within this thread; choosing this will save you having to select any additional codes you want to post here.
  • For more information on how to use the media gallery and uploading, go HERE.
Post Format:
"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Artist Name"

(Large size thumbnail - upload image to image gallery.)

"Comments"

"Credits"
ExampleFemale - Sayuri by Leen



Stock/Credits: Planetrenders.net


Voting Details:
  • Voting will commence after submission period is over, that is February 24th, 2019 at 23:00 (GMT).
  • Announcement of winners, next contest dates and theme will be done soon after the voting period is over.
Good Luck, Everyone!:chu

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France

"Love" by Darky for Elusia


What is poetry ? You ask me,
Poetry is you, I answer.
It is the expression of ideas, of feelings.
Feelings, emotionnal states, reactions,
Always they are wanted, desired by others.
Yet, its concept even you cannot grasp, it is found in your heart .
Your heart, it gives off this intensity, this irrationality..
Do you feel it ?

The invisible atoms of the air.
Around they throb and become inflamed,
The sky melts in golden rays of light
The earth trembles with delight
Floating in waves of harmony
I hear the rumor of kisses: my eyelids close.

The shadows could cloud my eyes, I would still look at you.
The shadows could cloud the sun , you would still be bright.
The earth could break like a glass, it would still hold you.
Death could cover me with his funeral black silk,
But never in me it can be extinguished,
this emotion raging inside me, the flame of my love for you.

Everything, I could do for you.
For one look, one world.
For a smile, a sky.
For a kiss ... I wonder
What could I give you for a kiss?


Well well well... what can I say besides that I finished this,
at the last minute of Valentine's Day :lambirb
But that is nothing compared to what I would do for her :bobriki
 
Last edited:

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Miraculously by Purity of Magi





I don't think I have to say who is my partner -3-

@Credits of the drawings goes to Purity of Magi

Program used: Paint Tool Sai
Tablet: Intuos Wacom Medium



Commentary:

I actually made this drawing on and for Valentine's day and tried something differently regarding lineart style (still exploring) and posted it on my account on twitter, however I changed a slight few things in the end after that day passed. Also, eventually new changes of the drawing will be done in the near future before I upload it on Pixiv but that's more for myself instead. So I consider this as 'finished' for the time being.

Anyway, so.. I made this drawing simply because firstly, I simply love to draw and they are my two favorite characters which shouldn't be a surprise for people however, also to note that these two are like the whole package when it comes to the concept of love (allies, friends, enemies and yet lovers). Whenever one goes away, the other will follow. Whenever something bores the one, the other shall fill the persons boredom, and so on. Personally these two fill the definition what love means, especially with the synergy that they have. Some people already know these two characters, so they definitely understand what I mean. They complete each other perfectly fine regardless what gender people are. I could have made anything for this day, but to be fair, aside that they are my favorite characters, when it came to this day these two first came up in my mind because they are just fit for this theme in all kind of ways.
 
Last edited:

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
"Our History Together" by Gryffindor
Partner: Juviiita





To my dearest
The very sweetest
You, the giver of the winking kiss
Kissus full of bliss


I still remember the day I fake proposed :teehee
You were flustered of course, but you weren’t opposed :rolleyes:
Don’t think I didn’t notice :derp
You know I never lose focus :nerd


How magnificent it is to be in love

E ter paixão
Só tu no meu coração


But life gets in the way
Forcing us to suffer every day
Tenho saudades
Maiores que esta cidade
You are the one I miss
You and how at sunset we would always kiss
I’ve become miserable and full of agony
Staring aimlessly into the sky atop this balcony


We fight and we pout
But our love is never in doubt
Oh, how I remember our fights
And that one time I invited you to a movie under the starlight
Always together
But is it this saudade that will last forever?


But I pray and pray
Night and day
And back to me you’ve come, here to stay
I now have your comfort in sadness
And you have my hugs during your madness
Everything is now okay
This ring is a promise ‘till the final day
To my dearest
The very sweetest






​
So the poem is based on the banner Juviii made, essentially the poem details the images in the banner, but in text format, essentially its a history of a couple that we decided to depict using chibi images. The first few lines are about the first few images(you can see the fake propose image on the banner as a tracking guide of some sorts), the sadder tone in the poem can be traced to the "Miss You" image, then from there you have the "fights, movie, make up, being together, etc". So yeop, that's pretty much it. It was hard, the chibi's were cute, but couldn't include all of them.

Thought it would be cool to also incorporate a different language, and not make the poem 100% English, so here are some TL's:
"E ter paixão"=Having passion
"Só tu no meu coração"=Only you in my heart
"Tenho saudades"=I have(tenho) a feeling of nostalgia, missing someone(saudade-no English equivalent for this word :catshrug)
"Maiores que esta cidade"=Bigger than this city

 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Arriving to meet his missing piece by Kiki for @MarmaladeSky




Comments
This is Choco. No, not my cat, but he is a cat in my neighborhood. I named him Choco. I just like the name :^_^

I like being with Mala. Even though we were enemy to each other back then (Dutch East Indies), but that doesnt stop us. We share a lot of same likings, like Kpop, foods, cooking, and animals! We talk a lot about food and cooking, surprisingly she knows a lot about Indonesian foods! And time to reveal it now - I call her Mala because I have a niece whose name is Mala, and Mala is short version of angel in Arabic (Malak/Mala'ikah). Mala is such an angel! Thank you for being you @MarmaladeSky
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top