- Joined
- Dec 7, 2018
- Messages
- 520
- Reaction score
- 410
- Country
-
I wouldn't put it past SIU to throw us a curveball here, though: part of the hidden floor arc was that the "obvious progression" was just a distraction/"deflection" meant to keep visitors to the hidden floor busy doing pointless activity; to get to "the real quest" you had to do something different.That being said, if I'm baam I'm going the irregular way... climb it via Admins and deal with whatever they trow. At this point in the journey Baam is stronger than Zahard.. why not?
I could see that foreshadowing "climbing the tower" being some kind of misleading trap, itself, but any guesses what you'd do to go down "the real quest" would only be wild speculation right now...although I think they'd probably involve the middle or outer towers.
That said, one other thing that strikes me as odd is that other than Baam, I think there's only Enne for our "children of two great warriors/family heads", right? With one parent being that rebel Gustang, etc., although we don't know how long he's been rebelling.Theoretically Zahard should have no reason to fear baam as a fraction of his power can trash him (as someone brought up on the thread), but his fear of baam makes sense when we see it with the same logic of Yu Han Sung speech to Evankell (he can never be immortal, so he doesn't fears death. Immortal rankers lives in fear of losing said immortality). Zahard is scared witless of the probability of losing his kingdom, why gamble and take chances on prophecies.
Makes me wonder a bit if SIU's pursuing a vaguely-Cronus inspired storyline (at least thematically, and even then only vaguely). Doesn't have to be but strikes me as interesting that Garam makes it sound like Enne's parentage was seen as a super-big deal at the time, but then Baam's is presented as a "big deal" only in the informational sense.
